[an error occurred while processing this directive] Batman vs. Superman : The Movie? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

dorikyasu
543th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"Batman vs. Superman : The Movie?" , posted Tue 9 Jul 11:12post reply

Yahoo News

Wolfgang Petersen ("The Perfect Storm") will direct "Batman vs. Superman," with the tentpole picture targeted for a 2004 release via Warner Bros.
In a script penned by Andrew Kevin Walker ("Seven"), the two superheroes are allies who come to mighty blows over what Petersen describes as differing philosophies.

While the concept of the Dark Knight & the Man of Steel duking it out sounds ridiculous, with Wolfgang Petersen at the helm, I'm sure it'll turn out to be better than last few Batman & Superman movies for sure...

Replies:

Satoshi Miwa
1231th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Batman vs. Superman : The Movie?" , posted Tue 9 Jul 11:17post reply

quote:
Yahoo News

Wolfgang Petersen ("The Perfect Storm") will direct "Batman vs. Superman," with the tentpole picture targeted for a 2004 release via Warner Bros.
In a script penned by Andrew Kevin Walker ("Seven"), the two superheroes are allies who come to mighty blows over what Petersen describes as differing philosophies.

While the concept of the Dark Knight & the Man of Steel duking it out sounds ridiculous, with Wolfgang Petersen at the helm, I'm sure it'll turn out to be better than last few Batman & Superman movies for sure...

Actually the Batman and Superman animated movie was quite good, and they've got a great history going through the comics. If they can get this across in the film, and I'm sure Wolfgang can, then it should rock...

ONSLAUGHT
2163th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Does wathever a superbat can" , posted Tue 9 Jul 11:24post reply

quote:
Yahoo News

Whoa! I knew they were working on a Superman and a Batman movie, but having those two in the same movie is news for me!

I think Spidey made WB sweat, and now they will put 2 of their biggest characters to fight Spidey!

Go Spidey Go!

Dr Baghead
1219th Post

"Re(1):Batman vs. Superman : The Movie?" , posted Tue 9 Jul 11:30post reply

quote:

They've fought in the comics before, I just hope the movie can keep their fighting like in the comics and not have them both want nothing more then eat the others heart or something...

Satoshi Miwa
1234th Post

"Re(2):Batman vs. Superman : The Movie?" , posted Tue 9 Jul 11:33post reply

quote:
They've fought in the comics before, I just hope the movie can keep their fighting like in the comics and not have them both want nothing more then eat the others heart or something...

Unless it's a Dark Knight Returns movie, then they can have Batman mopping the floor with Superman...:P

(Message to the WB, skip Batman Beyond and make the true future version of Batman...You can cast Clint Estwood in the starring role!)

Satoshi Miwa
1235th Post

"Re(1):Does wathever a superbat can" , posted Tue 9 Jul 11:36post reply

quote:

I think Spidey made WB sweat, and now they will put 2 of their biggest characters to fight Spidey!

Go Spidey Go!

Actually I don't think WB cares a lot about the success of Spidey given the fact they have Harry Potter 2, Lord Of the Rings : the Twin Towers, and Matrix 2 coming up in the next year.

These 3 films should make Warner Brothers a fair amount of cash on their own, so they should be most happy...

No, the company that should be worried is Lucasfilms, as Spiderman has spanked Star Wars Episode 2 in every way (Box Office, Buzz, Merhcandise sales, Comic Sales...)

ONSLAUGHT
2165th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Does wathever a superbat can" , posted Tue 9 Jul 12:01post reply

quote:

Actually I don't think WB cares a lot about the success of Spidey given the fact they have Harry Potter 2, Lord Of the Rings : the Twin Towers, and Matrix 2 coming up in the next year.

These 3 films should make Warner Brothers a fair amount of cash on their own, so they should be most happy...

No, the company that should be worried is Lucasfilms, as Spiderman has spanked Star Wars Episode 2 in every way (Box Office, Buzz, Merhcandise sales, Comic Sales...)

True true, I was refering to DC, not to WB itself.
But I see what you mean, Spidey crushed SW, I think that will teach Lucas not to mess with Spidey anymore! ha ha

Hungrywolf
1162th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Does wathever a superbat can" , posted Tue 9 Jul 12:06post reply

quote:

Go Spidey Go!

I don't think Lucas cares too much about if Spidey "won" or not. They were both great movies, and I enjoyed both of them. I DO think WB IS taking their superhero franchises a little more seriously now, since the Marvel superhero movies are getting better and better.

Burning Kyo
528th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Does wathever a superbat can" , posted Tue 9 Jul 15:19post reply

quote:

Whoa! I knew they were working on a Superman and a Batman movie, but having those two in the same movie is news for me!
Go Spidey Go!

Next movie of WB : Marvel vs DC
LL

Satoshi Miwa
1236th Post

"Re(3):Does wathever a superbat can" , posted Tue 9 Jul 17:16post reply

quote:

True true, I was refering to DC, not to WB itself.
But I see what you mean, Spidey crushed SW, I think that will teach Lucas not to mess with Spidey anymore! ha ha

It shouldn't take much for DC to get back in the Superhero movie swing of things, if they can deliver solid Batman and Superman movies. Already this coming Batman vs Superman movie sounds sweet.

Course they should also hit their lesser known titles, and Vertigo stuff. Properly done Sandman, Hitman, and Preacher movies would totally rock...

As for Star Wars vs Spidey, I'm still a bit shocked Spidey has beaten Star Wars out in the box office, though happy since I enjoyed Spidey more than Ep 2. But I'm not shocked it's merchandising poorly, as Episode 1 did terrible for merchandising...

Satoshi Miwa
1237th Post

"Re(3):Does wathever a superbat can" , posted Tue 9 Jul 17:24post reply

quote:

I don't think Lucas cares too much about if Spidey "won" or not. They were both great movies, and I enjoyed both of them. I DO think WB IS taking their superhero franchises a little more seriously now, since the Marvel superhero movies are getting better and better.

I dunno, I think Lucas should be a bit worried about the merchandising reaction the movie has gotten, as it's selling flatter than Episode 1. Lucas himself should know that the real money for his company is in the merchandising area, and the fact the movie has once again fell flat for merchandise sales is perhaps another sign that Lucas needs to revisit his merchandising polcies...

Of course it's also a case of bad luck, as once again Star Wars has fallen victim to the hotter properties like it did for Episode 1 (Which hit during the big Pokemon phase). And this time it's two hot properties, Spiderman and Yugi-oh...

Fro Boy11
606th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):Does wathever a superbat can" , posted Tue 9 Jul 18:39post reply

So far, Spider-Man has been THE BEST movie I've seen so far. The others really don't to much for me. I haven't seen Minority Report yet though. I saw MIB 2 the other day and I left the theater with my friend and I we were saying "It's good, but it can't touch Spidey." I also saw Episode 2 and I thought it was better than MIB 2. Obi Wan saved that movie for me. I saw Episode 1 last week on DVD (I've never seen it) and I didn't like it.

Superman vs. Batman....well to be honest, I don't like the idea just yet. I think they should do a Superman AND Batman movie first. Then the sequel would be Superman VS. Batman. I really don't see Superman and Batman fighting each other over principles. Superman has always respected the way Batman did his thing because in the end he gets the job done. Batman really can't understand how Superman does his thing, but he also respects it because he gets the job done. Batman uses fear and Superman uses trust. It's like that.

Now if they did the Superman and Batman movie first, at the end of it Superman can do the trust thing and give Superman Luthor's Kryptonite Ring. They stopped Luthor and the Joker or something earlier in the movie.

Then in the Superman vs. Batman movie they could go with the Dark Knight Returns thing, but they won't be as old, and they can change it up to make it there's and not EXACTLY like the story so they won't discredit the story or anything like that.

MilkManX
34th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):Does wathever a superbat can" , posted Wed 10 Jul 23:47post reply

It had better be the fight from the end of the Dark Knight Returns. ^_^

macrossfanworks