[an error occurred while processing this directive] The End of the World according to WWF - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

dorikyasu
543th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"The End of the World according to WWF" , posted Tue 9 Jul 09:00:post reply

Fox News

The planet is set to expire in the year 2050 due to the over-consumption of natural resources, with the United States being the worst offender, according to a report expected to be released Tuesday.

That's World Wildlife Fund, not to be confused with the previous name of Vince McMahon's wrestling federation...

[this message was edited by dorikyasu on Tue 9 Jul 09:03]

Replies:

Hungrywolf
1161th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):The End of the World according to WWF" , posted Tue 9 Jul 09:04post reply

quote:
Fox News

The planet is set to expire in the year 2050 due to the over-consumption of natural resources, with the United States being the worst offender, according to a report expected to be released Tuesday.

That's World Wildlife Fund, not to be confused with the previous name of Vince McMahon's wrestling federation...

I'm sure...guess we better start moving to new planets...

Fro Boy11
603th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):The End of the World according to WWF" , posted Tue 9 Jul 09:18post reply

quote:
Fox News

It was bound to happen anyway. When I was in High School, my Geography teacher told us that the world only has about 50 years of petroleum oil left. So after a while everyone will get into a war over oil and other things and blow up the world anyway.

Jazzie D
1267th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):The End of the World according to WWF" , posted Tue 9 Jul 09:20post reply

quote:
Fox News

*Sighs* Sad, but true.

Gen
380th Post

Silver Customer

"O.T.(1):The End of the World according to WWF" , posted Tue 9 Jul 11:08post reply

"'At the end of the day I don't think WWF credibility is much different from the World Wrestling Federation,' said Jerry Taylor, director of the Natural Resources and Environmental Studies Department for the Cato Institute "

Overpopulation is the the worst problem, more important and relevant than over consumption. The trick is to get irresponsable people to reproduce less.

Dominus
445th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):O.T.(1):The End of the World according " , posted Tue 9 Jul 12:41post reply

They have a point regarding the overconsumption of our natural resources, but I seriously doubt that the world will explode on Jan. 1, 2050. I think they're just trying to scare us into action. Perhaps scare tactics are necessary at this point, though.
You're right about overpopulation, though. I honestly believe that there should be a qualifying exam for parenthood, but there's little chance of that. Freedom is a wonderful thing, but in many ways, it's inherently self-destructive.
Humanity has evolved beyond Nature, and we're no longer part of the natural order of things. While lately we've been trying to alter our attitude towards the environment, and are starting to realize the error of our ways, our rate of expansion and consumption are not natural, and Nature has ways of balancing out the population (remember the Black Death of the 14th century? Imagine such a disease now, with our population density at the level it is today.)

Sorry about the rant, but I think about this topic rather a lot. All of this is, of course, my ramblings, and shouldn't be taken too seriously. Anyway, the world's supposed to end in December of 2016, when the Aztec calendar runs out. Eveybody knows that...

The Slithery-Dee came out of the sea.
He ate all the others
but he didn't eat me.

Shin ATproof
720th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):O.T.(1):The End of the World according " , posted Tue 9 Jul 13:49post reply

quote:
"'At the end of the day I don't think WWF credibility is much different from the World Wrestling Federation,' said Jerry Taylor, director of the Natural Resources and Environmental Studies Department for the Cato Institute "

Overpopulation is the the worst problem, more important and relevant than over consumption. The trick is to get irresponsable people to reproduce less.

LOL got a point there...but still...LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE EVERYONE!

1)Before we totally run out, people will seek cleaner and better forms of fuel!

2)Electric, water, wind and Solar power will be used more!

3)People will learn to conserve better!

All ways look on the bright side of light [whistles]

Zyzyfer
484th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):O.T.(1):The End of the World according" , posted Tue 9 Jul 22:42post reply

quote:
Nature has ways of balancing out the population (remember the Black Death of the 14th century? Imagine such a disease now, with our population density at the level it is today.)

AIDS? It has all the right tools to play the role of a new-age plague. It's just very, very.......slow about it.

"But it has to be three words."
"Three words?"
"Yea..."
"I bang se..."

Rid Hershel
3019th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):O.T.(1):The End of the World according" , posted Wed 10 Jul 09:06post reply

quote:
AIDS? It has all the right tools to play the role of a new-age plague.

Not really, if you think about it, AIDS isn't very contagious, only by sex contact and blood... and it can be prevented with some care.