[an error occurred while processing this directive] The Angel (not tekken!) Appreciation Thread. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Ferrio
102th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"The Angel (not tekken!) Appreciation Thread." , posted Mon 8 Jul 02:43:post reply

Ok you know the drill.

Anyways, there's not many reasons why I prefer kof2k1 over it's predecessor. One of them is the elimination of abusable strikers. The other is Angel.

So why's Angel cool?

1. Just look at her, come on... really... she's giving Mai a run for her money.

2. Her moveset. It has to be one of the most original movesets I've ever seen. Her circle chain moves, are just cool since I have never seen such a moveset before. For the most part I find it awkward, but hey I have to give her mad points of playing unlike any other fighter I've come across.

So, to further prove my point about reason #1, I'll throw some pictures at you. Here it goes.

Also, if the pictures don't load, keep trying. My server has been going goofy lately.

Angel 1
Angel 2
Angel 3
Angel 4
Angel 5
Angel 6
Angel 7
Angel 8
Angel 9
Angel 10
Angel 11
Angel 12
Angel 13

It's my favorite game show!

[this message was edited by Ferrio on Mon 8 Jul 02:43]

Replies:

Burning Kyo
517th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):The Angel (not tekken!) Appreciation Th" , posted Mon 8 Jul 03:53post reply

I'm in love with Angel (*_*)
She has a good ass, a big breast 'n she like take strange position ... the perfect woman !

Rid Hershel
3003th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):The Angel (not tekken!) Appreciation Th" , posted Mon 8 Jul 04:46post reply

She's very, very cool! I like the detail of the big boots (booTs I said), gives her an original look.

Thanks again for sharing these pics with us!

Mosquiton
406th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):The Angel (not tekken!) Appreciation Th" , posted Mon 8 Jul 10:01post reply

Another cool thread, much thanks for the links.

/ / /

pointystick
744th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):The Angel (not tekken!) Appreciation Th" , posted Mon 8 Jul 10:07:post reply

I hope she's a work in progress, because I absolutely love her character art and fighting style, but her sprite, especially her idle stance, just doesn't do anything for me. Among other things, why is her blouse zipped up on her sprite but not in any of her character art? It's not that I wanna see more boobies (well, I'd be lying if I said that wasn't a factor), she just looks weird with almost no clothes on her lower body and a blouse that comes all the way up to a straight collar around her neck. Also, you can't see her face at all. Anyway, I'm hoping for a sprite revision in the next game, and maybe give her a last name?

I'm sorry for all my bitching, but she is just so maddengly close to being my favorite KOF character ever, with only a few elements of her sprite getting in the way.

[this message was edited by pointystick on Mon 8 Jul 10:10]

Shin ATproof
717th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):The Angel (not tekken!) Appreciation Th" , posted Mon 8 Jul 11:43:post reply

[Starts having impure thoughts about Angel]

I can't help it! Damn ecchi pictures! It's your fault Ferrio! LOL!

[this message was edited by Shin ATproof on Mon 8 Jul 11:44]

TiamatRoar
126th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):The Angel (not tekken!) Appreciation Th" , posted Mon 8 Jul 11:49post reply

Wow, they sure do that cow/devil dance pose and/or that facial expression she had in that official art to death, huh? Oo

Hungrywolf
1153th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):The Angel (not tekken!) Appreciation Th" , posted Mon 8 Jul 12:13post reply

quote:

You're just starting to have impure thoughts about Angel now?

Freeter
2868th Post

"Re(1):The Angel (not tekken!) Appreciation Th" , posted Mon 8 Jul 13:30post reply

I wonder how she would've looked had the 2K artist drawn her...

Ferrio
103th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):The Angel (not tekken!) Appreciation Th" , posted Mon 8 Jul 14:07post reply

I'd link yuri and friends 2k1 if i could heh.

Fygee
221th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):The Angel (not tekken!) Appreciation Th" , posted Mon 8 Jul 15:13post reply

I still refuse to believe she's from Mexico. She doesn't look Mexican at all. Oh well, that's SNK for you. ;)

Those are really cool pics. She should make her outfit look like that one with the huge bellbottoms for 2002, with the proper color scheme.

Time Mage
676th Post

"Re(1):The Angel (not tekken!) Appreciation Th" , posted Mon 8 Jul 15:56post reply

Ohhh, great, great selection... :D~

Hooolaaaa!

pointystick
744th Post

"Re(2):The Angel (not tekken!) Appreciation Th" , posted Mon 8 Jul 16:00post reply

quote:
I still refuse to believe she's from Mexico. She doesn't look Mexican at all. Oh well, that's SNK for you. ;)

Yeah, and the Japanese guys don't look Japanese, the Chinese don't look Chinese, the Americans don't look American...

It's not unique to SNK either, the Japanese manga/animation tradition creates mostly fantasy characters that don't have the racial characteristics of any race on earth. It's the understandable product of a culture that traditionally had no reason to think about racial characteristics.

Dominus
441th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):The Angel (not tekken!) Appreciation Th" , posted Mon 8 Jul 16:04post reply

quote:

Yeah, and the Japanese guys don't look Japanese, the Chinese don't look Chinese, the Americans don't look American...

It's not unique to SNK either, the Japanese manga/animation tradition creates mostly fantasy characters that don't have the racial characteristics of any race on earth. It's the understandable product of a culture that traditionally had no reason to think about racial characteristics.

Exactly. Hair color immediately springs to mind...

The Slithery-Dee came out of the sea.
He ate all the others
but he didn't eat me.

Satoshi Miwa
1222th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):The Angel (not tekken!) Appreciation Th" , posted Mon 8 Jul 17:15post reply

Angels is the reasons why I'd get KOF 2k1, cause she just rocks alot. Her and Mei Lee, too...:)

But yeah, she does need a few gameplay and sprite animation polsihes to complete her and make her a truly rocking character. Still, mad points ofr orginality and style.

Radish
60th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):The Angel (not tekken!) Appreciation Th" , posted Mon 8 Jul 17:38post reply

It may just be me, but I think in the official SNK artwork, Angel's face looks a lot like Sylvester Stallone.

Ted
664th Post

"Its AN-HELL!" , posted Mon 8 Jul 21:35post reply

Hey Good Find Dude Thumbs Up!

Play TED on Kawaks or Kalliera!
just Look me up online or Post a CHallage!

Shin ATproof
718th Post

"Re(5):The Angel (not tekken!) Appreciation Th" , posted Mon 8 Jul 23:40post reply

quote:

You're just starting to have impure thoughts about Angel now?

I have been drooling over Baiken and I-No lately...so my mind was preoccupied...heheh.

ONSLAUGHT
2161th Post

"bleargh..." , posted Tue 9 Jul 11:05post reply

quote:

Eh??
What does that mean??? She doesn't look like Mexican at all??? Do you know how Mexicans look?? People from México is different, a person from the north of México is WAY TOO different from a person of the south...
People has different characteristics in México, it all depends of the region, and even so, people from the same region doesn't look the same all the time...
I think you've seen too much Speedy Gonzales crap...

Ferrio
115th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):bleargh..." , posted Tue 9 Jul 11:36:post reply

quote:

Eh??
What does that mean??? She doesn't look like Mexican at all??? Do you know how Mexicans look?? People from México is different, a person from the north of México is WAY TOO different from a person of the south...
People has different characteristics in México, it all depends of the region, and even so, people from the same region doesn't look the same all the time...
I think you've seen too much Speedy Gonzales crap...

Not that I really want to get into this but... isn't this kind of a ridiculous rebuttle? I mean, yes speaking out against stereotypes is all good and nice.

The way you put it though sounds like you're trying to claim that mexicans don't look Hispanic. That's about as stupid as saying Japanese don't look Asian.

Though, yes she doesn't have to be Hispanic to live in Mexico. Though we all should know by now that country of origins in fighting games mean really little.

[this message was edited by Ferrio on Tue 9 Jul 11:37]

ONSLAUGHT
2164th Post

"Re(2):bleargh..." , posted Tue 9 Jul 11:56post reply

quote:

Not that I really want to get into this but... isn't this kind of a ridiculous rebuttle? I mean, yes speaking out against stereotypes is all good and nice.

The way you put it though sounds like you're trying to claim that mexicans don't look Hispanic. That's about as stupid as saying Japanese don't look Asian.

Though, yes she doesn't have to be Hispanic to live in Mexico. Though we all should know by now that country of origins in fighting games mean really little.

Mmmhh... I get what you mean, but it seems that you don't get what I mean...

Japanese people have very remarkable looks, they all have similar eyes (You know what I mean), but tell me one characteristic similar in ALL Mexican people...
What I'm trying to say, is that there is not a single characteristic (physically speaking that is...) that's present in all Mexican people, get it?

Let's see an example, I live in the south of México, does that makes me a little black guy? nope, I'm white and I'm 1.78 centimeters tall (and I have friends over here that are blonde, black, and ones that have very different characteristics, heck, I even know a couple of albino guys). My point is, not because Angel is from México, she has to look like something specific, I think there is a lot of variety over here.

Juan
2171th Post

"Re(3):bleargh..." , posted Tue 9 Jul 12:15post reply

This argument has done before. Its horribly stupid.
So, using this logic, if they make a character and is not blonde or black he is probably not American. Right?

I must be an SNK character too!

quote:

Mmmhh... I get what you mean, but it seems that you don't get what I mean...

Japanese people have very remarkable looks, they all have similar eyes (You know what I mean), but tell me one characteristic similar in ALL Mexican people...
What I'm trying to say, is that there is not a single characteristic (physically speaking that is...) that's present in all Mexican people, get it?

Let's see an example, I live in the south of México, does that makes me a little black guy? nope, I'm white and I'm 1.78 centimeters tall (and I have friends over here that are blonde, black, and ones that have very different characteristics, heck, I even know a couple of albino guys). My point is, not because Angel is from México, she has to look like something specific, I think there is a lot of variety over here.

http://www.buttermonster.com

pointystick
746th Post

"Re(4):bleargh..." , posted Tue 9 Jul 12:18post reply

I have blonde hair and blue eyes, so I KNOW I'm an American.

talbaineric
3537th Post

"Re(1):The Angel (not tekken!) Appreciation Th" , posted Tue 9 Jul 12:29post reply

I love Angel! She's so unique! I still have yet to use her effectivley. But she's so cool! One of the best female designs out there!

BTW,I started a thread similar to this long ago,but it had to do with May Lee AND Angel.

Now! We need even more hot British fighting girls.

Juan
2172th Post

"Re(5):bleargh..." , posted Tue 9 Jul 12:30post reply

I think he was expecting angel to look like this: Link Here

quote:

If you dont look like something out of the gap website you are probably not American at all.

http://www.buttermonster.com

Hungrywolf
1163th Post

"Re(6):bleargh..." , posted Tue 9 Jul 12:55post reply

quote:
I think he was expecting angel to look like this: Link Here

If you dont look like something out of the gap website you are probably not American at all.

LOL.

Shapermc
72th Post

Occasional Customer

"I want to see what is behind door #1" , posted Tue 9 Jul 13:01post reply

The game show isen't finished!

I want to see what is in the BOX ;)

pointystick
747th Post

"Re(6):bleargh..." , posted Tue 9 Jul 14:03post reply

quote:

Oh, you're right! I'm a disgrace to my country! I need to go to the Gap right away and stock up on clothing that is five times as expensive as what I am wearing now and have been wearing for years!

Of course, I could be like Roy from Justice Gakuen and wear a shirt, tie, vest, jeans and basketball shoes.

ZamIAm
541th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):bleargh..." , posted Tue 9 Jul 22:23post reply

quote:

Nooooooo! I'm no longer American!

Seriously, I understand Onslaught's point though I also agree that Mexican would not be the first guess of her race if I wasn't told.

It seems like pic 13 agrees with my NESTS=Western thoughts.

"Skinned to the bone but not down for the count."

DKW
114th Post

Regular Customer

"Hmm..." , posted Fri 12 Jul 00:11post reply

She's sexy, of course (if anything, she's trying to hard...the "cut away" pants should be a big clue), but right now she just doesn't intrigue me as a character. She was pretty much Igniz's crony in '01. Compare that to Mary, Mai, King, Yuri, etc.

Might have some promise, but I'll withhold my appreciation until I see more from her.

homepage - http://home.hawaii.rr.com/dkwff

Hungrywolf
1185th Post

"Re(1):Hmm..." , posted Fri 12 Jul 07:54post reply

quote:
She's sexy, of course (if anything, she's trying to hard...the "cut away" pants should be a big clue), but right now she just doesn't intrigue me as a character. She was pretty much Igniz's crony in '01. Compare that to Mary, Mai, King, Yuri, etc.

Might have some promise, but I'll withhold my appreciation until I see more from her.

Trying too hard? I like her pants. They look like chaps. :)

ZamIAm
546th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Agree to argue..." , posted Fri 12 Jul 21:33post reply

quote:
I like her pants. They look like chaps. :)

They are chaps. May the cowboy reign begin! MWA HA HAH AHA HAAAA!!!

At least someone agrees with me. Back to the shadows I go...

"In my life there's been heartache and pain.
I don't know if I can face it again.
Can't stop now--I've travelled so far
To change this lonely life..."