| Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Red Carpet Premium Member+
"Hungrywolf's odd choice...." , posted Sun 7 Jul 13:26
You may think I'm insane. You all know Terry is my fav. fighter (well, he is IN my first choice) and everything, and even though I'm a bigger SNK fan (because of the characters and story and awesome KoFs), two Capcom games are gonna be at the top of my list...(In reality, I don't rate any of these above the other, cause they are all different, but they are all equally my favorites)
1) Capcom vs. SNK 2 (Many will disagree with me, so I don't want anyone arguing with me about this choice. This game gave me the ability to play with Capcom AND SNK characters, and also let me put Terry and Nakoruru on a team (so did the first one). This game had a lot of groove choices that really made the game unique and didn't give players much to complain about (though some still found complaints). I love this game so much, but it could've been so much better (If Mary, Andy and Ibuki were in it).)
2) Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (This game is great. It looks great, better than MotW, though others will disagree with me on this as well. It plays great, has Ibuki in it (who I love) has the best version of Chun Li EVER and has a lot of new interesting characters. I don't have any complaints about the game at all. This is the best Street Fighter game of them all.)
3) King of Fighters 99' (I'd probably put 2001 here, but I haven't played 2k or 2k1 yet. This is my favorite KoF game and it's the one that got me into KoF in the first place. I have great memories of playing this at my first college my freshman year. I got first place on the machine with the Fatal Fury team. Since then, I've moved on to Macon State College (2 years there), and I'm going to Columbus State this fall, and also I'm no longer 1st on KoF 99 on that Neo Geo machine, I'm second (I went back and tried to reclaim my throne but didn't have the time). Still, this game was a lot of fun for me, and I became a huge SNK fan because of this game. I had played Fatal Fury long before this, and AoF games and SS games, but I never really payed attention to them at all until this game woke me up and I became a huge fan. I don't think I'd put two KoF games on my list, there are differences in each game, but still, I hope they will change hardware one day.)
Fatal Fury 3 All Fatal Fury games!(Ok, now you may think I'm crazy. How could I pick a game that didn't play as good as many other games I could've picked. Well, it's simple really. Blue Mary. This is the game that introduced her. I should really just list all Fatal Fury games in this category, because Fatal Fury is where Terry came from too. Still, I love Fatal Fury 3. I don't know why I like it so much, but it's fun, and that's what counts for me. In fact, I'm gonna change this now to all Fatal Fury games, including real bout, but excluding...)
5. Garou: Mark of the Wolves (I had to pick this because it was the newest Fatal Fury game and was tons of fun! I love Hokutomaru and Rock and many of the others. This game was good, but I really prefer Terry's other look to the new one in MotW, but the new look makes sense for the game since he is older. Too bad he doesn't have the rising tackle.)
And there you have it...
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master
"Top 5" , posted Sun 7 Jul 15:26:
1.-Super Dodge Ball (Neo Geo)
Solid game play, carismatic characters, combos and juggles that involve more than one character, outstanding art, quantity of mind games plus unique engine (that most people do not qualify of fighting game)
2.- Art of Fighting 3 Gaiden (Neo Geo)
The peak of the AoF series, the best of the "spirit method"; unusual cast, the moves and the combos are an art worthy to be mastered, thus many innovatives features on the SNK universe.
3.- Samurai Showdown II (Neo Geo)
The biggest moment in the mvs SS storyline; very good upgrade to the arcade hit Samurai Showdown I, included several intersting features like 2 taunts per character, a baby transformation plus the virtudes of the SS games.
4.- King of Fighters '2001 (Neo Geo)
The most brave attempt on fixing mistakes from the previous games; even though it does have its fair share of dull infinite combos and bugs, even though you can touch the made to some characters that can have been a lot more; even though all of the public opinion states that the art is a pale shadow of the previous game; putting aside the faults of the game -again- you found a more re-freshened KoF that tries to fell different while being the same.
5.- Mugen (Personal Computer)
A chance for the player to overlook the storyline, to don't seek balance on the characters or even coherence in the cast; It is all fun with your friends (because playing alone sucks).
I guess I am in love with the Neo Geo.
[this message was edited by Toxico on Sun 7 Jul 15:45]
Satoshi Miwa1220th Post
Red Carpet Executive Member
"Re(2):TOP 5 Best 2-D fighters!!!" , posted Sun 7 Jul 17:28
My Personal Top Five:
1) Garou - Mark of the Wolves - Smooth animation, fun characters, and good play style. Worth getting a DC or Neo-Geo for...
2) Street Fighter Alpha 2 - less characters, but more balanced and less super friendly than Alpha 3. First game with Sakura in it, so it gets bomus points from me there...:)
3) Samurai Showdown 2 - My favorite of the SNK weapon games. Tough AI, but balanced also. Character design is top notch, and the 3 Slash/3 kick system really worked for Showdown. Even the uber cheap Mizuki has enough style to make the game fun...
4) KOF 98 - Features the best KOF game modes, a great character selection. And it has Shermie, Heidiern, and Saisyu in it...:P
5) Street Fighter 2 Turbo - My favorite of Capcom's many Street Fighter 2 version, slightly edging out Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. The speed makes all the difference here, and once you got used to it, you can't go back.
Honorable Mention (Or tied for 6th Place) - Last Blade 2, Which would of made the list if it wasn't for that damn Koyryu. Super
Street Fighter 2 - Fun game, good play style, and th emost polished of the SF2 games. The downside was it was more SF2.
KOF 96 - Boss team (GEESE~!), Playable Vice and Mature, and the most intresting projetcile tweaking ever done in a series. Great Soundtrack too...But I don't like some characters 96 versions, which holds this game off the list.
Street Fighter Alpha 3 has the characters, Capcom's most detailed story ever, and grooves galore. It is also Capcom's best home port ever, as it has extra modes up the wazoo...But I find it to be a bit too super friendly...
"Re(2):TOP 5 Best 2-D fighters!!!" , posted Sun 7 Jul 21:10
Garou: Just Defend, great graphics and animations, cool characters, and the return of The Lone Wolve. I love this game :)
Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike: Pretty much the same as Garou. Many compare SF3 to Garou :)
KoF 96: The TRUE Dream match of KoF, unlike that supposed one in 98. Christ, all 98 is was 97 with the old folk team and Rugal. Wow. A Dreammatch shouldn't be considered a Dream match unless it included the boss team. And Eiji. Hell, DM had none of thecharacters I was hoping for. 98 is one of my lowest ranking games, too.
Real Bout Special: The greatest Fatal Fury game of them all (not counting Garou, which is kind of a new chapter in that Fatal Fury story). I love the character looks (a touch of cartooniness is what I like) the stages were awesome, voices were great, and it was an all around Fatal Fury game. Plus, Krauser's stage pl;us music in the game fills my pants with great joy everytime I reach it.
Street Fighter Zero 3: This game was fun. The only thing keeping it from being up higher was the fact that it's system was pretty basic. Nothing really that stands out. ut still, massive amounts of characters (the whole SF2 crew, plus more!) makes it a great game :)
Time Mage675th Post
Red Carpet Regular Member
"Re(1):TOP 5 Best 2-D fighters!!!" , posted Mon 8 Jul 15:52
1) Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike. Just awesome. Imressive graphics, original and good music, good cast, and the best gameplay ever. This game doesn't get old.
2) Capcom vs SNK 2. After the horrid CvS, came this marvel. Lots of characters, great graphics, great and varied gameplay... near the level of 3rd Strike, but not so perfect.
3) Tie: Street Fighter Alpha 3 & The King of Fighters 98. A3 is the best Alpha, and KOF98 is the best KOF. Both are great, although a little tiny bit old now.
5) Tie: The Last Blade 2 & Garou: Mark of the Wolves. The two best SNK fighters along with KOF98, and that's many, many quality.
Runners up (aka other favourites): GGX, KOF2001.
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master
"Best of the Best" , posted Wed 10 Jul 09:27
5.- Street Fighter ex Plus Alpha - A true gem when it comes to gameplay, it's really one of the coolest fighters ever. And it has the BEST option on ANY fighter, te expert training mode! that mode is awesome, try it sometime, and you will fall in love with this game!
4.- Vampire Chronicle for Matching Service - What a cool game, it has the gamplay of the Vampire games, the only bad thing is that there are not backgrounds from previous games...
3.- Street Fighter Alpha 3 - Ah, the culmination of the Alpha series, I love this game, and I'm still waiting for Alpha 4 (impossible I know, but I can wish)
2.- Capcom vs SNK 2- MIllionare Fighting 2001 - Where should I start? this game has many ways to play it (grooves), that it almost has unlimited replay value! tired of playing with certain chars? try them with a different groove! then you will know what I mean!
1.- Street Fighter III- Third Strike: Fight For The Future - Ah, the peak of ALL fighters, the perfect game, the best designs, the best gameplay, the best music, the best graphics, the best animation... I could go on and on, but I think you all get what I mean... I LOVE this game!