[an error occurred while processing this directive] New Sonic games? I'm glad I have a GCN..... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Hungrywolf
1117th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"New Sonic games? I'm glad I have a GCN....." , posted Mon 1 Jul 19:17post reply

Apparantly a new game in the Sonic Adventure series is coming to GCN as well as what may be a Sonic Compilation and another Sonic game is coming to the GBA.

Link Here

Replies:

Rid Hershel
2973th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):New Sonic games? I'm glad I have a GCN" , posted Mon 1 Jul 19:19post reply

:with tears on the eyes:

Im soooooooooooooooo happy...

RugalBernstein
2104th Post

"Re(1):New Sonic games? I'm glad I have a GCN" , posted Mon 1 Jul 19:49post reply

Such excellent news! I REALLY have to get that thing that lets you hook the GBA up to the telly.. -_-

Dr Baghead
1191th Post

"Re(1):New Sonic games? I'm glad I have a GCN" , posted Mon 1 Jul 20:20post reply

quote:
Apparantly a new game in the Sonic Adventure series is coming to GCN as well as what may be a Sonic Compilation and another Sonic game is coming to the GBA.

Link Here

YIPEEE!!!!!!! More Sonic!

I know I'm going to get stoned for saying this but... I wish the "Sonic Mega Compliation" (which hopefully has Sonic R and Sonic CD since I own Sonic Jam, but not those) was for the GBA

BlackNinjaVinny
215th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):New Sonic games? I'm glad I have a GCN" , posted Mon 1 Jul 20:38post reply

Everybody's super sonic racing... to get a Gamecube :) I love the blue hedgehog. Can't wait for these new games :)
Rumors abound are saying it will be more like SA1 then SA2. In my opinion, SA2 blew compared to the first one. I hated the whole level type forumla and Robotnik and Tail's mechas were WAY to slow for my taste while everyone else was flying all over the place.

Shin ATproof
700th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):New Sonic games? I'm glad I have a GCN" , posted Tue 2 Jul 00:32post reply

Another Sonic Jam game? I'm SOLD!

However I heard that Sega is ditching the Sonic Adventure series for a more oldskool approach to the series. So instead of the Tails and Knuckles game found in SA1-2 we are going to have more of a S&K type of game...I don't know of that is a good or bad thing...

YeldellGW
186th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):New Sonic games? I'm glad I have a GCN" , posted Tue 2 Jul 09:20post reply

quote:
However I heard that Sega is ditching the Sonic Adventure series for a more oldskool approach to the series. So instead of the Tails and Knuckles game found in SA1-2 we are going to have more of a S&K type of game...I don't know of that is a good or bad thing...

I read about that in the latest EGM. Pity, I actually liked all the different styles of play for the different characters in the Adventures games; excluding Big.

Never been big on fishing (No pun intended.).

Hungrywolf
1122th Post

"Bad news........(Kinda)" , posted Tue 2 Jul 17:02post reply

Link Here

Apparantly, the supposed "new" Sonic Adventure title isn't going to be new. There was a miscommunication. It is going to be Sonic Adventure 1 (I have no idea why). No specifics on what changes will be brought to the game.....(Darn, I already have that on my DC, don't know if I'd get it on the cube, other than to support Sega working with Nintendo.....)

Rid Hershel
2976th Post

"Re(1):Bad news........(Kinda)" , posted Tue 2 Jul 17:50post reply

quote:
Link Here

Apparantly, the supposed "new" Sonic Adventure title isn't going to be new. There was a miscommunication. It is going to be Sonic Adventure 1 (I have no idea why). No specifics on what changes will be brought to the game.....(Darn, I already have that on my DC, don't know if I'd get it on the cube, other than to support Sega working with Nintendo.....)

well, I just want more 2D goodness, so Sonic Advance is my thing!

Dr Baghead
1193th Post

"Re(1):Bad news........(Kinda)" , posted Tue 2 Jul 19:30post reply

quote:
Link Here

Just to theorize, Sonic Adventure 1 might be a "market test"... since it seems die hard Sonic fan opinions are split on wheather the "quest based" SA1 or "level based" SA2 is better they could be trying to see which sells better on the games new home to see which path to take with SA3...

I'm sure as with RE series on the GCN SA1 will either be a total over haul (with new features and characters I'd hope...) or a direct port that cost $20 something dollars...

Nifty Lifty
199th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Bad news........(Kinda)" , posted Mon 8 Jul 09:49post reply

Bringing SA1 to GC is stupid and a waste of time while they could be converting JSR Future or Panzer Dragoon Orta. SEGA are a top games developer but fucking thick with it - they should choose their team and play for it

Dr Baghead
1218th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Bad news........(Kinda)" , posted Mon 8 Jul 19:50post reply

quote:
Bringing SA1 to GC is stupid and a waste of time while they could be converting JSR Future or Panzer Dragoon Orta. SEGA are a top games developer but fucking thick with it - they should choose their team and play for it

Well if you want them to "choose their team and play for it" I think they'll be sitting in the Microsoft dugout... aside from which I believe the little teams (Sonic Team, SmileBite, HitMaker, etc.) can choose to be on whatever system they like it's not big daddy Sega's choose to make for them.

Nifty Lifty
200th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):Bad news........(Kinda)" , posted Thu 11 Jul 06:40post reply

quote:

Well if you want them to "choose their team and play for it" I think they'll be sitting in the Microsoft dugout... aside from which I believe the little teams (Sonic Team, SmileBite, HitMaker, etc.) can choose to be on whatever system they like it's not big daddy Sega's choose to make for them.

You're right, but I think that Smilebit's also playing for MS. Who's Beach Spikers developed by, Hitmaker?

dorikyasu
544th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Sega!" , posted Thu 11 Jul 08:03post reply

quote:

You're right, but I think that Smilebit's also playing for MS. Who's Beach Spikers developed by, Hitmaker?

Beach Spikers is from AM2 division.

Some of the noticible Sega releases for each "post-DC" systems:

Virtua Fighter 4 (PS2) - AM2
Aero Dancing 4 (PS2) - AM2
Rez (PS2) - United Game Artists
Space Channel 5 pt2 (PS2) - United Game Artists
Soccer Tsuku 2002 (PS2) - Smilebit
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (GC) - Sonic Team
Super Monkey Ball (GC) - Amusement Vision
Virtua Striker 3 ver 2002 (GC) - Amusement Vision
Jet Set Radio Future (XB) - Smilebit
GunValkyrie (XB) - Smilebit

Due out this month: (Aero Dancing 4 was released for PS2 early this week)
7/19
Beach Spikers (GC) - AM2
7/25
Crazy Taxi 3 (XB) - Hitmaker

All of the above plus tons more upcoming games... If you have all 3 systems you really don't have anything to complain about. Then again, having to buy 3 separate systems to enjoy all those Sega games is something to complain about... :)

Iron D
1849th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Mmmm....Sonic...." , posted Thu 11 Jul 12:28post reply

I must admit that unless SA1 on the GC is a complete overhaul, I don't think it would be worth getting, but the new Sonic Advance and the new Sonic compilation sound scrum-diddily-umpsious! Hopefully they'll include Sonic CD, Sonic R, Sonic Spinball, and the Game Gear Sonic games ont this one, as they didn't make it into the first Sonic Jam.

Dr. Baghead already said that? What?

dorikyasu
548th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Sonic Mega Collection contents..." , posted Fri 12 Jul 09:55:post reply

quote:
the new Sonic compilation sound scrum-diddily-umpsious! Hopefully they'll include Sonic CD, Sonic R, Sonic Spinball, and the Game Gear Sonic games ont this one, as they didn't make it into the first Sonic Jam.

Sonic Team unveiled the list of Sonic games to be included in the upcoming Sonic Mega Collection for GC:

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic 3D Blast
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Sonic Spinball

In a word, disappointing...

[this message was edited by dorikyasu on Fri 12 Jul 09:58]

Rid Hershel
3036th Post

"Re(1):Sonic Mega Collection contents..." , posted Fri 12 Jul 10:03post reply

quote:
Sonic Team unveiled the list of Sonic games to be included in the upcoming Sonic Mega Collection for GC:

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic 3D Blast
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Sonic Spinball

In a word, disappointing...

Again, CD Sonic remains Sega CD and Windows95 exclusive, damn. And they should have included Sonic R, the game was awesome. In my opinion at least.

Dr Baghead
1229th Post

"Re(1):Sonic Mega Collection contents..." , posted Fri 12 Jul 10:21post reply

My thoughts:
-Sonic the Hedgehog-
I have this on the Genesis, the Saturn (Sonic Jam), and the Dreamcast (Greatest Hits vol.1) why do I need it on the Gamecube? (at least they could allow Tails and Knuckles to be playable in it this time!!!)
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2-
Sonic...
-Sonic the Hedgehog 3-
...Jam...
-Sonic & Knuckles-
... remake... BOOOOOOO!!!!!
-Sonic 3D Blast-
Sega Exec 1: "Say, let's put in that game more Sonic fans deemed "disappointing" since it wasn't Sonic Xtreme and wasn't even fun... and well give them the Genesis bonus stages! not the well recieved Saturn one!"
-Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine-Sega Exec 2: "I say we add in that game based on the horrid Sonic cartoon that everyone hated, especially when they'd rather be watching the Saturday morning or anime Sonic cartoon! Plus it's not even really a Sonic game!"
-Sonic Spinball-
Sega Exec 1:"Yeah! and we can put a game THQ annouced they're porting to the GBA months ago! Since it was so fun the first time but no one played it, let's put it one 60 more systems!"

Better games then most of the ones picked:
-Sonic CD
-Sonic R
-Sonic: the Fighters
-unfinished buggy rom to Sonic Crackers
-Knuckles' Choatix
-Tails Music Maker
-the many shitty edited roms of Sonario
-Ecco the Dolphin (hey! it's as much as Sonic game as Mean Bean Machine)

Shin ATproof
747th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Reading that list..." , posted Fri 12 Jul 12:40post reply

...sometimes I wonder how Sega could have got itself into financial problems...then looking at the list for the Sonic Mega Collection and I find my answer...crappy business decisions!!! GOD YOU SUCK SEGA! Someone should fire the nimrod who is greenlighting these stupid calls! Sonic 3D Blast, Spinball and RMBM!? W--T--F!?!? When will Sega realize that people want Sonic CD and Knuckles Chaotix! I could tolerate Sonic 1-S&K because I missed out on buying Sonic Jam but dude...we SO need Sonic CD on another mainstream console...I don't care if they put on Xbox...I JUST NEED SONIC CD WITH BETTER SOUND AND ABLE TO CHANGE THE MUSIC! God what I would give for that.

BlackNinjaVinny
230th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Reading that list..." , posted Fri 12 Jul 15:15post reply

Agreed. They needed to take of Sonic 3d and Mean bean Machine, which I never played, but judging by the name, and thrown on Sonic CD so people can know where Amy came from, and Knuckles Chaotix, a gem of a game that few played because no one wanted to get that 32X thing.

Dr Baghead
1235th Post

"Re(2):Reading that list..." , posted Fri 12 Jul 20:01post reply

quote:
Agreed. They needed to take of Sonic 3d and Mean bean Machine, which I never played, but judging by the name, and thrown on Sonic CD so people can know where Amy came from, and Knuckles Chaotix, a gem of a game that few played because no one wanted to get that 32X thing.

Knuckles Chaotix was the bomb! I don't care if they release them on two sperate disc both costing $75 dollars, I would kill to have a copy of Sonic CD and Knuckles Choatix on a system I still own without needing stupid upgrades...