[an error occurred while processing this directive] My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Shin ATproof
660th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member

"My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Mon 17 Jun 22:00post reply

After a bowl of Icecream and a few games of Capcom vs SNK and Street Fighter 3:3rd Strike I have come to a conclusion about the three main shoto's, Ryu, Ken and Gouki.... They are similar to the three flavors of Neapolitan Icecream which are Vanilla, Strawberry and Chocolate. Those three characters styles are similar to the characteristics of each of the three icecream flavors. I have made a list with the each of the characters, what flavor they associate with and what are the characteristics that both the flavor and the character share...this is what I have figured out.

Ryu is like the flavor vanilla-Simple; very basic. Not flashy, not to boring, gets the job done and goes good with just about everything and anyone can like it in other words the style or flavor is flexible. The color is the same and can represent the similar characteristics as I said, plain, basic or simple.

Ken is like the flavor strawberry-Exciting;based off the basic elements like Ryu/vanilla but there is something added a wild flavor that makes the taste or style never boring and one can call it spastic. The color reflects these characteristics bright, flashy or wild.

Gouki is like the flavor chocolate-Simple and exciting; more like the opposite of Ryu/vanilla but also has similar characteristics like Ken/Strawberry. Even with both it has it's own characteristics in it's own right. It's a bold flavor or style/taste that gives it the ability to switch from aggressive to non-aggressive(subtle or not so subtle.) The color is dark or "sinister", in otherwords reflects the characteristics, exciting, yet simple, etc.

From this observation one can see that this is too obvious and WAY too similar to be a coincidence. One can say that each of these characters are different to be their own character in their own right but one must keep in mind that they are from the same flavor of icecream...Neapolitan so they may have different tastes/styles but they all come from the same source this is why they can be and are known to be basically the same person (hence why some would say "if you can play one you can play them all")

In light of this I say that Ryu, Ken and Gouki should from now on be known as Vanilla, Strawberry and Chocolate!!

Replies:

ONSLAUGHT
2112th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Mon 17 Jun 22:11post reply

quote:
In light of this I say that Ryu, Ken and Gouki should from now on be known as Vanilla, Strawberry and Chocolate!!

Pretty clever I must say, it makes perfect sense!

-'Cause the deaths of countless innocents in selfish battles again and again and again until we're both dead... is that what you want? Think about it HERO!

BlackNinjaVinny
207th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Mon 17 Jun 22:14post reply

Captain Communism is like Vodka Icecream, because that's pretty much what they eat and drink there... :P

Gen
337th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Mon 17 Jun 22:30post reply

I'd have Gouki be stawberry and Ken be chocolate my self. (:

*Goes to find out what Chun Li tastes like...*

HazZan
653th Post

"Re(1):My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Tue 18 Jun 00:56post reply

quote:
After a bowl of Icecream and a few games of Capcom vs SNK and Street Fighter 3:3rd Strike I have come to a conclusion about the three main shoto's, Ryu, Ken and Gouki.... They are similar to the three flavors of Neapolitan Icecream which are Vanilla, Strawberry and Chocolate. Those three characters styles are similar to the characteristics of each of the three icecream flavors. I have made a list with the each of the characters, what flavor they associate with and what are the characteristics that both the flavor and the character share...this is what I have figured out.

Ryu is like the flavor vanilla-Simple; very basic. Not flashy, not to boring, gets the job done and goes good with just about everything and anyone can like it in other words the style or flavor is flexible. The color is the same and can represent the similar characteristics as I said, plain, basic or simple.

Ken is like the flavor strawberry-Exciting;based off the basic elements like Ryu/vanilla but there is something added a wild flavor that makes the taste or style never boring and one can call it spastic. The color reflects these characteristics bright, flashy or wild.

Gouki is like the flavor chocolate-Simple and exciting; more like the opposite of Ryu/vanilla but also has similar characteristics like Ken/Strawberry. Even with both it has it's own characteristics in it's own right. It's a bold flavor or style/taste that gives it the ability to switch from aggressive to non-aggressive(subtle or not so subtle.) The color is dark or "sinister", in otherwords reflects the characteristics, exciting, yet simple, etc.

From this observation one can see that this is too obvious and WAY too similar to be a coincidence. One can say that each of these characters are different to be their own character in their own right but one must keep in mind that they are from the same flavor of icecream...Neapolitan so they may have different tastes/styles but they all come from the same source this is why they can be and are known to be basically the same person (hence why some would say "if you can play one you can play them all")

Nice!!!
GOUKI RULES!!!
Even if I don't like chocolate GOUKI IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER. Him and Rugal.

MESSATSU

YeldellGW
173th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Tue 18 Jun 02:41post reply

I may never eat ice cream again...

Juke Joint Jezebel
512th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Tue 18 Jun 06:39post reply

wow, interesting observation
[copying the announcer from street fighter iii: third strike] that makes sense!
quote:

lol

Dr Baghead
1132th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Tue 18 Jun 08:22post reply

quote:

Interesting comparaison...

would that make Dan, Sakura, and Sean that type of Ice cream that's sort of like Neopolitan (it has cherry, pistaccio, and some other flavor...) but not as popular?

Satoshi Miwa
1144th Post

"Re(2):My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Tue 18 Jun 08:27post reply

quote:
Interesting comparaison...

would that make Dan, Sakura, and Sean that type of Ice cream that's sort of like Neopolitan (it has cherry, pistaccio, and some other flavor...) but not as popular?

Sean would be Rocky Road Ice Cream, just cause he has such a hard time getting Ken to take him seriously.

Sakura would probably be Bubblegum ice cream, since it's cute and all. Dark Sakura would probably be Triple Chocolate (Three types of chocolate) but she's just a VS character so...:P

Dan would be Frozen Yogurt, cause Saikyo style needs it's own brand of frozen dessert. OSHYA~!

Dr Baghead
1134th Post

"Re(3):My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Tue 18 Jun 08:43post reply

quote:
Dan would be Frozen Yogurt, cause Saikyo style needs it's own brand of frozen dessert. OSHYA~!

Dan's more like an entire Basken Robins since he's 31 Flavors of badass and horsey movie themed sundaes... hmmm, you know I don't think this analogy is working out right...

Juan
2092th Post

"Re(4):My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Tue 18 Jun 08:49post reply

Rich-and-Creamy-Shotokan-AAAAAAACTIIOOONNNNNNNNN!!!!
*explosions*

Toxico
2051th Post

"Re(1):My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Tue 18 Jun 08:54post reply

Interesting thing, I used to conduct such experiment but I was more focused in the animal realm and anime characters...

RugalBernstein
2054th Post

"Re(2):My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Tue 18 Jun 08:56post reply

quote:

It's called " spumoni " . Cherry ice cream is good.

Hungrywolf
1050th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Tue 18 Jun 10:13post reply

quote:

It's called " spumoni " . Cherry ice cream is good.

Spumoni is really good. They serve it for desert to everyone at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Atlanta. i love that place. Oh, and that was an awesome analysis of Ryu, Ken, and

Rugalbernstein
2058th Post

"Re(4):My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Tue 18 Jun 13:33:post reply

I think spumoni is the original " Neapolitan " ice cream, and the " Neapolitan " of today is a knock-off.. Besides, spumoni really IS red, white, and green. ^_^

[this message was edited by Rugalbernstein on Tue 18 Jun 13:37]

talbaineric
3486th Post

"Re(3):My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Tue 18 Jun 13:36post reply

quote:

I'm with you

Shapermc
42th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Tue 18 Jun 13:47post reply

quote:

No Gokui is chocolate because they both look like CRAP!

Let the flames come!

Juan
2094th Post

"moo! MOOO!" , posted Tue 18 Jun 13:57post reply

Actually Ryu, Ken, and Gouki are ketchup.
Kids will bathe their food on ketchup to hide the atrocity of their mom's defunct cooking skills.

quote:

No Gokui is chocolate because they both look like CRAP!

Let the flames come!

Rugalbernstein
2058th Post

"moo?MOOO?" , posted Tue 18 Jun 14:03post reply

So, Juan... let me get this straight.. from all the evidence you've presented...You're a Mexican/Irish cow dog? ^_^

Dr Baghead
1137th Post

"Re(5):My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Tue 18 Jun 14:28post reply

quote:
I think spumoni is the original " Neapolitan " ice cream, and the " Neapolitan " of today is a knock-off.. Besides, spumoni really IS red, white, and green. ^_^

Is the white flavor still vanilla? I know Cherry is red and Pisacctio is green...

(I wish they sold Spumoni around here, only place I can find it is at the Old Spagetti Factory and during the summer that's to full of loud little children to venture to...)

ChunliFan
223th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Tue 18 Jun 17:33post reply

[quote*Goes to find out what Chun Li tastes like...*

LoL

RugalBernstein
2060th Post

"Re(6):My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Tue 18 Jun 18:14post reply

Hmm... the " white " varies, actually, depending where you are. While vanilla is the most common " white " , I've also had coconut and just plain " cream " flavored " white " . Some places throw chocolate in there, too.

ONSLAUGHT
2114th Post

"Damn!" , posted Tue 18 Jun 19:49post reply

quote:

Why are you so obsessed with Ryu, Ken and Akuma??? looks like you're in love with them, you mention 'em at every single post...

Damn man, I love those characters, and seeing your constant bashing is getting on my nerves... sure, you can say whatever the hell you want, but you're annoying me...
If you hate them that much, just ignore them, don't play the games they're in...

We all know you hate them, you don't have to say it at every single post dammit...

-'Cause the deaths of countless innocents in selfish battles again and again and again until we're both dead... is that what you want? Think about it HERO!

Rolling Start
104th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Damn!" , posted Tue 18 Jun 21:46post reply

quote:

Why are you so obsessed with Ryu, Ken and Akuma??? looks like you're in love with them, you mention 'em at every single post...

Damn man, I love those characters, and seeing your constant bashing is getting on my nerves... sure, you can say whatever the hell you want, but you're annoying me...
If you hate them that much, just ignore them, don't play the games they're in...

We all know you hate them, you don't have to say it at every single post dammit...

WTF?

I like Colossus...

In my opinion, Spumoni tastes like (_0_).

Zyzyfer
455th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Damn!" , posted Tue 18 Jun 22:21post reply

dan is a quiescently frozen confectionary dessert. that's what they call the stuff that ain't ice cream~

아싸아아...월요일임니다! ???
합기도화이팅!!!

Iron D
1845th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):My thesis about Ryu, Ken and Gouki.." , posted Wed 19 Jun 00:46:post reply

That was one of the coolest analyzations I've ever seen ShinATproof. It works well. Shotokan characters RULE dogblast it!

[this message was edited by Iron D on Wed 19 Jun 00:50]

YeldellGW
177th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Damn!" , posted Wed 19 Jun 08:52post reply

quote:

1st off, that was nothing more than light hearted humor. Trust me, if I wanted to bash Ryu, Ken, & Akuma on purpose; I could have said much worse.

Yes, I love to hate them. It's a love-hate relationship. Get it?

Last time I checked, SF has characters I do like. If I didn't play a fighting game because there's a character(s) in it I didn't like, I wouldn't play fighting games at all. I failed to see the wisdom in that one.

And finally, I haven't mentioned them in every single post.

If it'll make you feel better, I'll be more than happy to give you a list of my favorite charcters so you can bash them to your hearts content. See how annoyed I'll be.

Dr Baghead
1141th Post

"Re(2):Damn!" , posted Wed 19 Jun 12:24post reply

quote:

A love-hate reltionship means sometimes you love them sometimes you hate the, not that you love to hate them...

Hungrywolf
1054th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):Damn!" , posted Wed 19 Jun 17:44post reply

quote:

A love-hate reltionship means sometimes you love them sometimes you hate the, not that you love to hate them...

True, true. It's not wrong to say you love to hate them, but Baghead is correct, that is not a love-hate relationship.

Adon
694th Post

"Re(4):Damn!" , posted Wed 19 Jun 23:39post reply

Man that deserves this special picture I just found.

The Street Fighter Mole basher game

behold it:

Link Here

Juke Joint Jezebel
536th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Street Fighter Whack-a-Mole?" , posted Thu 20 Jun 01:14post reply

quote:

behold it:

Link Here

haha how would that work? i mean, would the screen in the background match the moles being hit or .. and what are the moles? mini-vegas (psycho power)?

greg cox
88th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Street Fighter Whack-a-Mole?" , posted Thu 20 Jun 06:50post reply

wasnt that how the original street fighters were played? with weird buttons that did different strength punches/kicks depending on how hard you hit them...

Then some bright spark decided proper buttons would be easier to maintain and have control over

hisatsu! ha!... hou! ha! yao!
hmph sono tedo ka?
japanese->[engrish machine]->english:
suteki da ne -> thats steak isnt it?

Ishmael
40th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):Damn!" , posted Thu 20 Jun 10:06post reply

First off, the breakdown of the ARK triumvirate is great. Second,

quote:

behold it:

Link Here

What is this game, how on earth do you play it, where can I find a playable version of it, and has anybody been crazy enough to make a home port of the game to a Sega system yet?

Taa kun
187th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Damn!" , posted Thu 20 Jun 10:23post reply

quote:
What is this game, how on earth do you play it, where can I find a playable version of it, and has anybody been crazy enough to make a home port of the game to a Sega system yet?

It's a mole game, very common in japanese game centers : you have a little hammer in your hand, and from the board, stupid cylinders emerge (looking like moles), you have to smite them with your hammer before they return into the board...
On the screen, special events happen depending on your level (how many moles you smite or let escape...)

I don't think a home version exist, it would be a pretty expensive accessory...

Tsukurimashou... Tsukurimashou...
Sate sate nani ga dekiru ka na ?

Dr Baghead
1148th Post

"Re(7):Damn!" , posted Thu 20 Jun 20:05post reply

quote:
It's a mole game, very common in japanese game centers : you have a little hammer in your hand, and from the board, stupid cylinders emerge (looking like moles), you have to smite them with your hammer before they return into the board...
On the screen, special events happen depending on your level (how many moles you smite or let escape...)

I don't think a home version exist, it would be a pretty expensive accessory...

Mole games are all over America too, sans the screen though...

RugalBernstein
2071th Post

"Re(8):Damn!" , posted Thu 20 Jun 20:20:post reply

There are various mole-like games out there, too.. I recall playing one in New York named " Cracky Crabs " ... hmm, now that I think back to it... I seem to recall it being made by Namco, which really surprised me.

BTW, anybody who can guess where my tag is from gets a surprise, that's yet to be determined, assuming you can contact me on ICQ. Yep. Juan, you're excluded. :P

[this message was edited by RugalBernstein on Thu 20 Jun 20:26]

Ishmael
42th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(9):Damn!" , posted Fri 21 Jun 09:56post reply

quote:
There are various mole-like games out there, too.. I recall playing one in New York named " Cracky Crabs " ... hmm, now that I think back to it... I seem to recall it being made by Namco, which really surprised me.

BTW, anybody who can guess where my tag is from gets a surprise, that's yet to be determined, assuming you can contact me on ICQ. Yep. Juan, you're excluded. :P

Oops, I meant that I've seen plenty of whack-a-mole games but I've never seen one hooked up to a SF2 game, or any other video game for that matter. Most of the mole games I've seen seem to run on nothing more than the entertainment value found in hammering in rodent skulls.