[an error occurred while processing this directive] WWE Wrestlemania X8 and the Wavebird - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Hungrywolf
1032th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member

"WWE Wrestlemania X8 and the Wavebird" , posted Tue 11 Jun 13:09post reply

I got both today. I like WM X8, but there are some downsides. The create a character could use some features from the X-box Raw game, like the pyro and light features. Some characters (from WCW) don't have their real music because the rights for the music weren't theirs when they made the game. The gameplay is better than I thought it would be though. It plays better than Raw on X-box, so that is good. I haven't gotten to play it with friends yet, but I know that is where I'll have the most fun with this game. It's not really comparable to No Mercy (N64), and there are even some things from that game that I wished were in this game. There isn't really a story mode (which is ok with me, I didn't like the one in No Mercy) but you play through a lot of matches to win the belts. I may do a more in depth analysis for you guys when I really get into the game deep, but the first impression for me is a lot better than my first impression of WWF Raw (X-box). Still, this game, like Raw, was also rushed I think.

The wavebird is the greatest controller ever. I mean that....It works beautifully. I forgot it was wireless because it worked without any problems. I've only used it a few hours so far, but it's great. The only downside is that it has no rumble feature, but that is ok as far as I'm concerned (I like rumble, but that doesn't kill the controller). I haven't used it with other wavebirds too yet, but will eventually (my friend is getting one) but there are plenty of channels on the control so I doubt there will be interference at all. I can't believe the thing works so good. It's very light too. I love it. It's great....if you have a GCN, you should definately get a wavebird. If you like Wrestling and wrestling games, then you will like WMX8, though you may find certain things lacking (but not too much. I wish Shawn Michaels was in it though. And an odd thing is that I totally recreated Sting's outfit he had in WCW when he had the black and white facepaint. I was surprised it was on there, but they don't have hair that matches Sting's, or facepaint of any kind, so I can't really make Sting). The major let down for me was just that I wish there was more stuff in the create-a-character mode, but hey, this game has TLC matches, Ladder matches, Table Matches (you can set the tables up in the corners in this game), Hell in the Cell matches, Cage matches....It's got a lot of good options for match type.

Replies:

Puar
293th Post

Copper Customer

"FIRE PRO WRESTLING OWNS YOU!!!" , posted Tue 11 Jun 13:17post reply

I have little or no faith in WWF/E games anymore...

FIRE PRO WRESTLING OWNS YOU!!!

"You should get to know me better no one's every what they seem."

dorikyasu
520th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):WWE Wrestlemania X8 and the Wavebird" , posted Tue 11 Jun 13:43post reply

Thanks for the impressions, Hungrywolf. I was actually interested in both WMX8 & Wavebird... Now only thing left is to try out both myself! :)

Hungrywolf
1034th Post

"Re(2):WWE Wrestlemania X8 and the Wavebird" , posted Tue 11 Jun 14:35post reply

quote:
I have little or no faith in WWF/E games anymore...

FIRE PRO WRESTLING OWNS YOU!!!

Puar: Why? All the 64 WWF games were great! With the exception of the bug in No Mercy. I don't have experience with the Smackdown! games, but Raw on the X-box does have some good points as well.

quote:
Thanks for the impressions, Hungrywolf. I was actually interested in both WMX8 & Wavebird... Now only thing left is to try out both myself! :)

Dorikyasu: Glad my thoughts could be of use. You really do need to get a Wavebird. It's great! I can't say that enough.

Gojira
445th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):WWE Wrestlemania X8 and the Wavebird" , posted Tue 11 Jun 19:20post reply

I saw some movies of the game a while ago, but it still looked weird to me. Characters get knocked down and beat around but they don't sell the moves like in No Mercy or Smackdown at all. It reminded me of a REALLY early version of Touken Retsuden. Is it still like that?

Fro Boy11
550th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):WWE Wrestlemania X8 and the Wavebird" , posted Tue 11 Jun 20:23post reply

quote:
I got both today. I like WM X8, but there are some downsides. The create a character could use some features from the X-box Raw game, like the pyro and light features. Some characters (from WCW) don't have their real music because the rights for the music weren't theirs when they made the game. The gameplay is better than I thought it would be though. It plays better than Raw on X-box, so that is good. I haven't gotten to play it with friends yet, but I know that is where I'll have the most fun with this game. It's not really comparable to No Mercy (N64), and there are even some things from that game that I wished were in this game. There isn't really a story mode (which is ok with me, I didn't like the one in No Mercy) but you play through a lot of matches to win the belts. I may do a more in depth analysis for you guys when I really get into the game deep, but the first impression for me is a lot better than my first impression of WWF Raw (X-box). Still, this game, like Raw, was also rushed I think.

The wavebird is the greatest controller ever. I mean that....It works beautifully. I forgot it was wireless because it worked without any problems. I've only used it a few hours so far, but it's great. The only downside is that it has no rumble feature, but that is ok as far as I'm concerned (I like rumble, but that doesn't kill the controller). I haven't used it with other wavebirds too yet, but will eventually (my friend is getting one) but there are plenty of channels on the control so I doubt there will be interference at all. I can't believe the thing works so good. It's very light too. I love it. It's great....if you have a GCN, you should definately get a wavebird. If you like Wrestling and wrestling games, then you will like WMX8, though you may find certain things lacking (but not too much. I wish Shawn Michaels was in it though. And an odd thing is that I totally recreated Sting's outfit he had in WCW when he had the black and white facepaint. I was surprised it was on there, but they don't have hair that matches Sting's, or facepaint of any kind, so I can't really make Sting). The major let down for me was just that I wish there was more stuff in the create-a-character mode, but hey, this game has TLC matches, Ladder matches, Table Matches (you can set the tables up in the corners in this game), Hell in the Cell matches, Cage matches....It's got a lot of good options for match type.

My friend just bought WMX8 today. I'll get to play it when he comes over to my house Thursday. He's gonna stay over and we're gonna play this game all night because he has to go to the hospital for a sleep deprivation study on himself so he thinks the best way to stay awake all night is to hang out with me and play this new wrestling game, but I have summer class at 8 Friday morning. Anyway, I've heard that either you'll love this game or you'll hate it. A lot of message boards that I've gone to have said that the CAW sucks, and the sound is horrible, but other than that it's OK. I can't really say anything now, but I might Thursday night or Friday afternoon.

Hungrywolf
1035th Post

"Re(2):WWE Wrestlemania X8 and the Wavebird" , posted Tue 11 Jun 21:05post reply

quote:
I saw some movies of the game a while ago, but it still looked weird to me. Characters get knocked down and beat around but they don't sell the moves like in No Mercy or Smackdown at all. It reminded me of a REALLY early version of Touken Retsuden. Is it still like that?

Gojira: The game moves very fast....they do sell some of the stuff, but instead of grappling and then choosing a move like in No Mercy (and the other 64 games), you grapple and press the direction on the control stick to choose the move to do, so it's very quick. There is no wait time while grappling...sometimes it seems the characters get up too fast from being attacked, it takes a little time to get used to, but after playing it all night, I really do like the game. You have the ability to gain points to add to your created characters ability, which is a nice feature.
quote:

My friend just bought WMX8 today. I'll get to play it when he comes over to my house Thursday. He's gonna stay over and we're gonna play this game all night because he has to go to the hospital for a sleep deprivation study on himself so he thinks the best way to stay awake all night is to hang out with me and play this new wrestling game, but I have summer class at 8 Friday morning. Anyway, I've heard that either you'll love this game or you'll hate it. A lot of message boards that I've gone to have said that the CAW sucks, and the sound is horrible, but other than that it's OK. I can't really say anything now, but I might Thursday night or Friday afternoon.

Froboy: I suppose it's true that you'll love it or you'll hate it. I hope you like it. I think there were some things that could've been added to the CAW, but it doesn't suck. I like it, though like I said, I wish there was other features in it. THe sound isn't horrible, it's fine, now the music that plays while you wrestle, it's not great, but that has nothing to do with how it sounds. The entrances are better than in No Mercy.