[an error occurred while processing this directive] DDR Workout Suicide Mode - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Juke Joint Jezebel
466th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"DDR Workout Suicide Mode" , posted Tue 11 Jun 05:03post reply

OH MY GOD THAT DDR GAME IS A DEATHTRAP

after working out for about 45 minutes, i decided to spend 15 minutes playing dance dance revolution in workout mode. afterwards, i was gonna eat (i was hungry as hell and pretty tired at the time). then i was gonna lie down or come back on the computer to mess around a bit

anyways, i chose workout mode. then, i chose "consecutive sequence" 'cause i never saw it before and i wanted to know what it was. and to my surprise IT DIDN'T STOP!!! (heh "consecutive" should've been my hint -_-) it was a continuous barrage of songs i had to follow for 40 minutes (it had a timer. i remember it said "40:??" as i was collapsing). I ALMOST DIED

it gave me about 5-15 seconds inbetween each song but it's only enough to take a sip of water, wipe my sweat off, or straighten up the mat -- I CAN ONLY CHOOSE ONE OR THE DANCE WOULD BEGIN (lol, i was so obsessed with completing it with the best score i could)

omg i'm so exhausted. i went the whole way, clumsily following the moves of each song in the list. and when it got to the very last song -- IT STARTED OVER OMG! i was DRENCHED in sweat! it was dripping onto the mat! i made a pool of sweat and you can ask anyone that knows me -- i don't sweat easily!

so i fell over and i woke up and now somehow i'm here. i later found out i could've stopped the order by (i think) holding down the start button God, why'd you make me an idiot? so now i am dead

DEAD TO YOU, DEAD TO HER, DEAD TO EVERYONE T_T

Replies:

Daala
448th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):DDR Workout Suicide Mode" , posted Tue 11 Jun 06:13post reply

LOL! I see you didn't set the timer...but the work out mode isn't that bad. I wish they had 6 panel on that mode.

Dr Baghead
1103th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):DDR Workout Suicide Mode" , posted Tue 11 Jun 09:02post reply

quote:
OH MY GOD THAT DDR GAME IS A DEATHTRAP

after working out for about 45 minutes, i decided to spend 15 minutes playing dance dance revolution in workout mode. afterwards, i was gonna eat (i was hungry as hell and pretty tired at the time). then i was gonna lie down or come back on the computer to mess around a bit

anyways, i chose workout mode. then, i chose "consecutive sequence" 'cause i never saw it before and i wanted to know what it was. and to my surprise IT DIDN'T STOP!!! (heh "consecutive" should've been my hint -_-) it was a continuous barrage of songs i had to follow for 40 minutes (it had a timer. i remember it said "40:??" as i was collapsing). I ALMOST DIED

it gave me about 5-15 seconds inbetween each song but it's only enough to take a sip of water, wipe my sweat off, or straighten up the mat -- I CAN ONLY CHOOSE ONE OR THE DANCE WOULD BEGIN (lol, i was so obsessed with completing it with the best score i could)

omg i'm so exhausted. i went the whole way, clumsily following the moves of each song in the list. and when it got to the very last song -- IT STARTED OVER OMG! i was DRENCHED in sweat! it was dripping onto the mat! i made a pool of sweat and you can ask anyone that knows me -- i don't sweat easily!

so i fell over and i woke up and now somehow i'm here. i later found out i could've stopped the order by (i think) holding down the start button God, why'd you make me an idiot? so now i am dead

DEAD TO YOU, DEAD TO HER, DEAD TO EVERYONE T_T

You do know you're not forced to play the whole time right?

I was play DDR's workout mode for around 40-45 minutes (of course never after 45 minutes of some other form of work out >_< do you even have legs anymore? or have they fallen off from all that work)but if something comes up and I don't reach the goal, I just step off the pad and turn of the PSX. Believe me it doesn't care if turn it off or not...

Poor JJJ...

Puar
282th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):DDR Workout Suicide Mode" , posted Tue 11 Jun 12:36post reply

You don't care because you're a psycho, Daala! ;D

Hey, what's the background in that K' Tag?

"You should get to know me better no one's every what they seem."

Pollyanna
65th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):DDR Workout Suicide Mode" , posted Tue 11 Jun 14:25post reply

The sad thing is that workout mode in DDR is actually easier on you than normal "Nonstop".
45 minute is still a LONG time to play DDR, though...especially after working out beforehand and having no breaks. It really is a great workout.
Last summer, I used to play nonstop on Another/Trick (on the Japanese 4th Mix)for about 35 songs at a time. After that, I would always eat this pasta soup for lunch...I lost 15 pounds in about a month.
I kinda feel out of shape now, but my stupid pad is busted. It's the 3rd one I've gone through.
I guess DDR is more for people who like working out or dancing than video game fans...well, maybe it'll trick fat and lazy gamers into getting some exercise.

Dr Baghead
1108th Post

"Re(4):DDR Workout Suicide Mode" , posted Tue 11 Jun 14:33post reply

quote:
maybe it'll trick fat and lazy gamers into getting some exercise.

Hey, it worked on me...

I don't really think of DDR as "exercise" thought it's really more like "must get 100+ combo! must get 100+ combo!"

it's a workout (and what a workout it is! I think I sweat more playing that game then I ever have over the entire course of my life) dressed up as a highly addicting game, all part of Konami's plan to keep their key demograph from dying of heart failure early I'd wager...

Juan
2074th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(5):DDR Workout Suicide Mode" , posted Tue 11 Jun 14:36:post reply

Mergh i am not fat but im not fast enough on my feet to play this game, or maybe im standing in the pad on a wrong position? I think DDR is cool, but para para paradise just makes people look fruity playing it (you know the whole waving hands happily etc etc,) altought the tracks are mighty cool.

quote:
maybe it'll trick fat and lazy gamers into getting some exercise.

Hey, it worked on me...

I don't really think of DDR as "exercise" thought it's really more like "must get 100+ combo! must get 100+ combo!"

it's a workout (and what a workout it is! I think I sweat more playing that game then I ever have over the entire course of my life) dressed up as a highly addicting game, all part of Konami's plan to keep their key demograph from dying of heart failure early I'd wager...

[this message was edited by Juan on Tue 11 Jun 14:37]

LenaShock
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):DDR Workout Suicide Mode" , posted Tue 11 Jun 15:11post reply

DDR... hhhmmm...
I Prefer Pump(the korean "clone" of DDR, but for me, the pump game has somemething more compared to DDR) because it has a more accurate relation between the stepping and the music... and trying to play the crazy mode with double... hhmmm... suicidal tendencies?
(sorry about my poor english, maybe if I try to have some time training more my english I wouldn't have to tell this ¬_¬)

Juke Joint Jezebel
472th Post

Gold Customer

"T_T" , posted Wed 12 Jun 02:11post reply

quote:
LOL! I see you didn't set the timer...but the work out mode isn't that bad. I wish they had 6 panel on that mode.

there was a timer?

Paper
0th Post

New Customer

"whoa" , posted Wed 12 Jun 03:30post reply

Oh my goodness... I can't believe you played through the entire DDR (Konamix, I'm assuming) song list!!! You deserve a trophy, or some pie or something.

Congratulations. You should be Asian. (unless you already are)

Bah signature bah!

Juke Joint Jezebel
475th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):whoa" , posted Wed 12 Jun 05:48post reply

quote:
Oh my goodness... I can't believe you played through the entire DDR (Konamix, I'm assuming) song list!!! You deserve a trophy, or some pie or something.

Congratulations. You should be Asian. (unless you already are)

i'd like some pie
and actually i am Asian ^_^ although people tell me i don't act it. oh yea, yep, it was DDR Konamix. and in case anyone's wondering -- i chose that girl with the green hair. i forgot her name -_- i like her song selection the best .. that, and the green hair's kinda kinky

argh, now i really want some pie. maybe we have some in the fridge ....

Daala
453th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):DDR Workout Suicide Mode" , posted Wed 12 Jun 06:37post reply

The background is from my tokyo trip photos, I just made them look like water colors.

I don't care..... er... so I play DDR every weekend, I won't call that psycho... ^_-

quote:
You don't care because you're a psycho, Daala! ;D

Hey, what's the background in that K' Tag?

Dr Baghead
1122th Post

"Re(4):DDR Workout Suicide Mode" , posted Fri 14 Jun 22:16post reply

quote:
I don't care..... er... so I play DDR every weekend, I won't call that psycho... ^_-

that *might* be Psycho... for all we know you're playing "Maniac" with 6 Pannals for 5 hours...