[an error occurred while processing this directive] Super Mario Universe? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

whitesword
846th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Super Mario Universe?" , posted Tue 11 Jun 02:19post reply

Link Here

What the spoons!?

Replies:

Time Mage
585th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Amazing... Incredible... Superb..." , posted Tue 11 Jun 02:25post reply

quote:
Link Here

What the spoons!?

O_o What???????!!!!!!

This is... Amazing... If that can be done with a GBA... Wow... I can't write, I'm stunned...

Rid Hershel
2820th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Amazing... Incredible... Superb..." , posted Tue 11 Jun 03:39post reply

uhm...

it's like...

*saves energy*

WOAH!

RugalBernstein
2007th Post

"Re(1):Super Mario Universe?" , posted Tue 11 Jun 05:12post reply

Oooh! ^_^

Rolling Start
91th Post

Occasional Customer

"Hate to break the news..." , posted Tue 11 Jun 08:33post reply

IGN Pocket calls bullshit. The audio track matches a track from a SpaceWorld vid? Or something? Anyways, someone with a lot of time on their hands could make that in a 3D graphics program without TOO much effort, just quite a bit of effort. It's not like they showed a huge video, anyways...

Bolischoy Tavieda!

Owhyawhyawhyawhya!

Dr Baghead
1104th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Super Mario Universe?" , posted Tue 11 Jun 09:16post reply

I'm not going to believe this video or the following reasons:

1-It's too short, we see one example of Gameplay and the rest is just poor looking Mario characters popping into frame.

2-It's only on Nintendojo, who even says they're not sure if it's real or not, and IGN Insider would have been on that video like stink on a monkey if it were real. (I mean they report anything... how long as IGN Insider rumored Rare was going to work for the XBox and PS2?)

3-The "Cel-shading" looks pretty bad compared to "Cel-da"... I'd almost wager this was a Zelda's fan attempt to get back at Mario fans who mocked "Cel-da" while Mario Sunshine remained "realistic"

4-Yeah, the sound is lifted almost directly from the Sunshine video.

5-If this is for the GBA, shouldn't Mario Sunshine be Cel-Shaded too? Legend of Zelda became "Celda" to match the GBA versions art style, would not this hold true for Mario as well, shouldn't we have "Cel-per Mario Sunshine" if "Mario Universe" is real?

dorikyasu
517th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Hate to break the news..." , posted Tue 11 Jun 09:29post reply

FAKE!

At least that's what I think of it. Something about that render of the Princess at the begining just doesn't seem right. The style reminded me too much of those crappy edutainment & CD-I games starring Nintendo characters.

But the "actual" game footage looked impressive, especially if that's someone's homemade creation...

Burning Ranger
229th Post

Frequent Customer

"Is it fake?" , posted Tue 11 Jun 11:09post reply

I am trying to figure it out. Those are GOOD graphics, but can the GBA handle that resolution? That rendering of Peach wasn't good either. Then again, it was displayed on a big screen, and you can see the background that this was a recording of a presentation...

Ed aka Burning Ranger
- "If you can't beat them arrange to have them beaten." -George Carlin

Freeter
2790th Post

"Re(1):Is it fake?" , posted Tue 11 Jun 12:47post reply

quote:
I am trying to figure it out. Those are GOOD graphics, but can the GBA handle that resolution? That rendering of Peach wasn't good either. Then again, it was displayed on a big screen, and you can see the background that this was a recording of a presentation...

It says "Game Boy", but no "Advance" or "Gamecube" logo at the beginning. And we all know that ain't the ol' B&W GB doin' that.

DoA girls in bikinis? Count me in!

Puar
287th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Super Mario Universe?" , posted Tue 11 Jun 12:52post reply

No way is that GBA... It can't be!

"You should get to know me better no one's every what they seem."

Time Mage
589th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Is it fake?" , posted Tue 11 Jun 13:53post reply

quote:

Yes, the resolution issue is what is making me think that this is a fake. A VERY good fake, but a fake. Sad...

Burning Ranger
230th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Is it fake?" , posted Tue 11 Jun 14:10post reply

quote:

It says "Game Boy", but no "Advance" or "Gamecube" logo at the beginning. And we all know that ain't the ol' B&W GB doin' that.

Very good point. I think it is fake. Unless Nintendo proves us wrong, its fake.

Ed aka Burning Ranger
- "If you can't beat them arrange to have them beaten." -George Carlin

bootation
76th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Is it fake?" , posted Tue 11 Jun 15:47post reply

quote:

Very good point. I think it is fake. Unless Nintendo proves us wrong, its fake.

The grpahics are amazing.
it almost looks like gamecube graphix.