[an error occurred while processing this directive] *.avi codec help - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Juke Joint Jezebel
464th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"*.avi codec help" , posted Tue 11 Jun 01:39post reply

anyone know much about video codecs?
i spent the day downloading SEVERAL anime music videos to discover that none of them work T_T

i click on the movie to try to play it, then it tells me the following:

opening media ....
locating codec server ....
error downloading codec ....
playing ....

and it's just music pretty much just a 40mb mp3. does anybody have any information or links they can provide? i've looked around and have sadly found nothing yet. i must continue my search and not have these avis go to waste

Replies:

whitesword
845th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):*.avi codec help" , posted Tue 11 Jun 02:02post reply

Eh, you probably just need the latest DivX codec (5.0.2)

Get it here

I must recommend the non-pro, non-adware version, especially since you probably won't be doing much video compressing...

Dutch Schultz
49th Post

Rare Customer

"i have video codecs" , posted Tue 11 Jun 02:49post reply

dude i can help you out-

Link Here

nimo codec pack, after this and dixv 5.02 you'll never need toilet paper ever again.

as for the divx pro... i can give it to you if you give me a shout on msn or something- v_static@hotmail.com

the v stands for BERRY KOORU!

"I wish i was crazy so that instead of worrying about people eating me people would worry about being eaten by me." - dutch schultz

Juke Joint Jezebel
467th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):i have video codecs" , posted Tue 11 Jun 06:08post reply

i am very scared. the divx link that whitesword provided was riddled with complaints about spyware, even though i chose the "non-adware" option

and the link that Dutch Schultz posted -- uhh, i didn't quite understand the message that went with it too well o_O

well, here goes nothing. i'm gonna download both versions then flip a coin