[an error occurred while processing this directive] Anyone play ROD yet? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

talbaineric
3457th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Anyone play ROD yet?" , posted Mon 10 Jun 19:06post reply

If so,how is it? Any good?

I know Chuplier's played it,but I forgot the reports that he did.

Replies:

Freeter
2780th Post

"Re(1):Anyone play ROD yet?" , posted Mon 10 Jun 19:17post reply

quote:

Professor did, he said it was average.

You got a better chance of playin it than I do though.

DoA girls in bikinis? Count me in!

Shin ATproof
636th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"My mini review of Rage of the Dragons" , posted Mon 10 Jun 19:39post reply

Ok here is the deal...and this is coming from a long time hardcore Double Dragon Fan.

-The graphics are OK but it's a mixed bag of really good in game character designs(e.g.Billy, Jimmy, Pupa) and some really awful looking ones(e.g.Cassandra, Sonia) I think it's the giant noses and the look rather...fat is why I think so. The Animation has it's ups and downs as well given that some characters are really fluid and look nice and others are rather choppy and sorta look out of place.

-The combo system is easy to pick up(since it is dial-a-combo)and leads to bigger combos. It's only problem is that IT'S FREAK'N BROKEN! Expect to see SamSho3 broken combo system...for example Alice can link her aircombo into her super and at the very least deal 50-70% This game from the looks of it has 1001 infinites and 90-100% combos.

-The specials and supers look really nice though and although but a lot of them will give you deja vu...because you have seen them before.

-The control issue seems to have been fixed and now pretty tight and the sound is crisper and cleaner as well compared to the beta.

Overall it's and average fighter. Don't really expect to be wowed like say...Guilty Gear XX but it's does have it's flaws but it's a pretty good first run in the fighting game market for Evoga...I hope to see more RotD games in the future but hope some of the things like the combo system get fixed.

TheBeast
469th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Anyone play ROD yet?" , posted Mon 10 Jun 20:19post reply

quote:

It is quite an average fighter. The system is kinda new, and even if you are a seasoned KOF player you would need some time to adjust (even though many KOF engines like rolling and CD attacks are in it).

The only antidote to my poison is death...Hey! No fair! You have a resurrection move??

pointystick
695th Post

"Re(2):Anyone play ROD yet?" , posted Mon 10 Jun 20:58post reply

Hm. Well, maybe I'll see it when I am in Japan, I have to see some of those wacky character designs in action.

Professor
1593th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Anyone play ROD yet?" , posted Mon 10 Jun 21:30post reply

quote:

I just played the product version in my local arcade yesterday.. I think it was there for a while, but I didn't realize it since the operator put the machine to a place that usual player's wouldn't look. (Needless to say, it looked abandoned.)

Anythus, Chupiler might've wrote this, but the middle boss is a huge guy named "Abubo" (needless to say, he's basically Abobo. I guess there was a problem using the original name). Beat him, and two girls come out to save him, saying that he's just being used by a villan.

And the last boss- the villan dude, is a wavy red haired guy named Johann (I think I spelt it right), who uses the power of the dragon and attacks with mostly projectile moves. He wouldn't be too strong, if it were not for his insane buildup of power stock which keeps allowing him to do guard cancels over and over.

Coffee stains Suck.

talbaineric
3460th Post

"Re(2):Anyone play ROD yet?" , posted Tue 11 Jun 06:35post reply

quote:

I just played the product version in my local arcade yesterday.. I think it was there for a while, but I didn't realize it since the operator put the machine to a place that usual player's wouldn't look. (Needless to say, it looked abandoned.)

Anythus, Chupiler might've wrote this, but the middle boss is a huge guy named "Abubo" (needless to say, he's basically Abobo. I guess there was a problem using the original name). Beat him, and two girls come out to save him, saying that he's just being used by a villan.

And the last boss- the villan dude, is a wavy red haired guy named Johann (I think I spelt it right), who uses the power of the dragon and attacks with mostly projectile moves. He wouldn't be too strong, if it were not for his insane buildup of power stock which keeps allowing him to do guard cancels over and over.

Wow! Thanks everyone for your comments and point-of-views.

Hmmmmmmmmm........so most of you have played it..........hmph........I guess it's out in America already,but I haven't seen it in the one arcade we have here...........

Jazzie D
1146th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Anyone play ROD yet?" , posted Tue 11 Jun 08:46post reply

Just as I expected. Still, I might play the game, if it is in Sunnyvale.

RugalBernstein
2009th Post

"Re(2):Anyone play ROD yet?" , posted Tue 11 Jun 09:04post reply

It's really too bad it didn't turn out better. I plan to support them anyway, though. If the game is a semi-success, maybe we can see better sequels in the future.

Puar
286th Post

Copper Customer

"Bring It On!" , posted Tue 11 Jun 12:46post reply

Dude, I want to see Abubo sprites or artwork or something! I'm anxious to see how he translated over.

"You should get to know me better no one's every what they seem."

Rugalbernstein
2015th Post

"Re(1):Bring It On!" , posted Tue 11 Jun 12:54post reply

There must have been some problem with the old licenses... Hence, " Abubo " and not " Abobo " . Same with the whole " Lewis " thing. I wonder what the issue was? Technos is defunct.

Puar
292th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Bring It On!" , posted Tue 11 Jun 13:16post reply

quote:
There must have been some problem with the old licenses... Hence, " Abubo " and not " Abobo " . Same with the whole " Lewis " thing. I wonder what the issue was? Technos is defunct.

Defunct, but, I'm sure if they saw their old license was in use, they'd want some stacks of that cash.

"You should get to know me better no one's every what they seem."

Rugalbernstein
2017th Post

"Re(3):Bring It On!" , posted Tue 11 Jun 13:19post reply

Yes, of course. Ha ha ha, I wonder if we'll see " Kenio " in a new dodgeball game some time in the future.. ^_^

Chupiler
684th Post

"Re(4):Bring It On!" , posted Tue 11 Jun 15:55post reply

I think it might have been more attrative without the Double Dragon name. I mean, there's on 3 characters even "returning." It's an okay game, but I didn't see anything I could experiment with, like in other fighters...

talbaineric
3464th Post

"Re(5):Bring It On!" , posted Tue 11 Jun 16:57post reply

quote:
I think it might have been more attrative without the Double Dragon name. I mean, there's on 3 characters even "returning." It's an okay game, but I didn't see anything I could experiment with, like in other fighters...

Yeah,Rage of the Dragons has a much better sound to it.