[an error occurred while processing this directive] Rap and video games... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Rolling Start
89th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Occasional Customer

"Rap and video games..." , posted Sat 8 Jun 10:19post reply

I find it really weird that rap hasn't really ever been used in video games (3rd strike character select screen notwithstanding). Even though many people dislike rap, I feel that it is so versatile that it would fit in very well with certain video games. And i'm not talking about like Kris Kross Video Maker or that one basketball game that had Queen Latifah, Coolio etc. Rap is one of the most versatile types of music that their is, it can be angry, smart, political, happy, fast, slow, fun, ANYTHING! Why has GOOD rap never really made its way into video games? Anyone who either loves rap, or hates it, post your thoughts!

Oh yeah, and for summer lazing around, no song does it for me like Jam by Naughty by Nature. Just makes me want to call some friends, go to a beach, and have some fun.

Bolischoy Tavieda!

Owhyawhyawhyawhya!

Replies:

sabo10
26th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Rap and video games..." , posted Sat 8 Jun 10:32post reply

Videogame music generally doesn't have lyrics.

pointystick
685th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):Rap and video games..." , posted Sat 8 Jun 10:35post reply

If it's an oversight, I'm glad for it. Rap is my least favorite music genre.

Rid Hershel
2802th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Rap and video games..." , posted Sat 8 Jun 10:51post reply

quote:
If it's an oversight, I'm glad for it. Rap is my least favorite music genre.

I have to agree with that...

Mosquiton
395th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):Rap and video games..." , posted Sat 8 Jun 10:58post reply

Come on, what about that CvS2 stage? And what about Parappa? The Tony Hawk series?Some of the Jet Grind Radio tracks? I'm sure Trap Gunner had a short sample for character select that sounded pretty cool.

It's there. Anyway, if you don't generally like rap that's your business, but if you automatically hate anything vaguely rap-like then try being a bit more open minded.

YA GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!!

/ / /

Jazzie D
1136th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(3):Rap and video games..." , posted Sat 8 Jun 10:59post reply

It depends. Rap on sports games does make sense. Rap on a fighting game does not. Maybe that's why I never liked Street Fighter III in general.

As for me, I don't listen it that much anymore. Actually, I don't listen to many types of music. Mainly Eurobeat.

Oh, and don't you mean, "Jamboree"? The last album I bought was actually Nature's Fury, Naughty by Nature's album before their most recent one. That was three years ago, the year the album came out.

Dutch Schultz
36th Post

Rare Customer

"Rats and beedio geeemu..." , posted Sat 8 Jun 11:50post reply

actually i've always wanted for an rpg to have some wicked techno music for fights, not super fast crazed up techno, but slow somewhat acid-jazz. then break-beat for boss fights... and the last boss could be... 30min classical song, with a steady bass line. i call it techno fantasy: play it with your pants off.

"I wish i was crazy so that instead of worrying about people eating me people would worry about being eaten by me." - dutch schultz

talbaineric
3442th Post

"Re(1):Rats and beedio geeemu..." , posted Sat 8 Jun 13:01post reply

Ha ha! I liked Parappa's raps!

Also, Those names you just mentioned,Coolio,Queen Latifah,reminds me back in the early 90's when they were at their peak of popularity. Now they're hasbeens. How ironic.

Anyway,I like some rap. But it's gotta have some sort of meaning,or a bad-ass beat I can jam,too. Not about all this bling-bling shit.

Dr Baghead
1086th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Rap and video games..." , posted Sat 8 Jun 13:05post reply

quote:
Why has GOOD rap never really made its way into video games?

No good Rap?! NO GOOD RAP?!?! How dare you insult PaRappa like that!

HazZan
615th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Rap and video games..." , posted Sat 8 Jun 14:32post reply

quote:
I find it really weird that rap hasn't really ever been used in video games (3rd strike character select screen notwithstanding). Even though many people dislike rap, I feel that it is so versatile that it would fit in very well with certain video games. And i'm not talking about like Kris Kross Video Maker or that one basketball game that had Queen Latifah, Coolio etc. Rap is one of the most versatile types of music that their is, it can be angry, smart, political, happy, fast, slow, fun, ANYTHING! Why has GOOD rap never really made its way into video games? Anyone who either loves rap, or hates it, post your thoughts!

Oh yeah, and for summer lazing around, no song does it for me like Jam by Naughty by Nature. Just makes me want to call some friends, go to a beach, and have some fun.

I love Rap but I can't see myself playing some CvS2 while listening to som Jay Z or anything.

THe best type of music to listen to while fighting is some Rock/Rap or Rock. preferbly Korn or Limpbizkit(keep rollin')
Some Rap can fit in but there is nothing like some fighting music to go with fighting.

JAMATA
MESSATSU

Juke Joint Jezebel
453th Post

Gold Customer

"The Man With the Machine Gun" , posted Sat 8 Jun 22:45post reply

quote:
actually i've always wanted for an rpg to have some wicked techno music for fights, not super fast crazed up techno, but slow somewhat acid-jazz. then break-beat for boss fights... and the last boss could be... 30min classical song, with a steady bass line. i call it techno fantasy: play it with your pants off.

man! that would be awesome. even though i don't have anything against the "super fast crazed up techno." the Man With the Machine Gun, baby!! i swear to god that's a beautiful song

Jazzie D
1140th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Kris Kross..." , posted Sun 9 Jun 10:29post reply

quote:
And i'm not talking about like Kris Kross Video Maker

There was a such thing?

I liked Kris Kross as a young 'un. They were the best kid rap artists ever. They were better when they got older. Shame one of them passed away. I think it was Smith who died.

Ishmael
25th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Rap and video games..." , posted Sun 9 Jun 13:10post reply

Whenever anyone mentions video games and rap music to me it always brings up unpleasant memories of B. Rap Boys.

Fro Boy11
533th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Rats and beedio geeemu..." , posted Sun 9 Jun 13:14post reply

quote:

Anyway,I like some rap. But it's gotta have some sort of meaning,or a bad-ass beat I can jam,too. Not about all this bling-bling shit.

EXACTLY! I like rap too, but I just can't get into the bling-bling shit either. It is meaningless unless you relate to it, and I can't relate to that shit, I'm broke, and I don't want all kinds of crazy women all over me, I'm happy with the one I have right now. Rap has gone downhill since 1996. That's why Eminem got soooo fuckin' popular because he came in rappin about how troubled his life is and how he was broke and his problems. This is what makes him so interesting. He basically is a throwback to the early 90's when rap was really controversial. I remember when they were gonna put out another NWA CD, but what would they rap about? Would they have a song called "Fuck Room Serivice"?

Basically broke rappers are better because they are hungry.

A good CD: N.E.R.D., In Search Of........

It's really good. It's different.

Radish
27th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Kris Kross..." , posted Sun 9 Jun 13:24post reply

quote:
And i'm not talking about like Kris Kross Video Maker

There was a such thing?

I liked Kris Kross as a young 'un. They were the best kid rap artists ever. They were better when they got older. Shame one of them passed away. I think it was Smith who died.

Yep.
Link Here

Juan
2064th Post

"Re(1):Kris Kross..." , posted Sun 9 Jun 14:17post reply

No good can come from two kids that wear their pants backwards. Im sorry.

quote: