[an error occurred while processing this directive] Anyone still on Ragnarok Online? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Professor
1589th Post

user profileedit/delete message

MMCafe Owner

"Anyone still on Ragnarok Online?" , posted Sat 8 Jun 01:43:post reply

Despite that I have a dial-up modem, I decided to give Ragnarok Online a try before it goes to pay/full service (which I heard was planned to be this month). I'm on the Iris server as a Lv11/6 Magician named Professeur, near the Magician's town.

I rarely play PC games so I was amazed at how nice the graphics are... the last online rpg I tried out was "Graal Online", and it was an unbalanced nightmare. Btw, I seem to be able to play the game without much lag, despite being on a 56k modem.

I haven't met any looters or lamers yet. In fact, most people seem pretty nice.. there's a few times that Acolytes passing by would cure me while I was sitting down, and one player even gave me 5000z for free, without me even asking or even talking in advance. So needless to say, my impressions on the game are thus far, pretty good.

Game seems a bit unbalanced though. There's either only strong enemies or weak enemies. Or so it seems when you're still low in level. Anythus, anyone on that server?

Coffee stains Suck.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sat 8 Jun 01:44]

Replies:

Juke Joint Jezebel
449th Post

Gold Customer

"Graal! whoo!" , posted Sat 8 Jun 01:51post reply

quote:
Despite that I have a dial-up modem, I decided to give Ragnarok Online a try before it goes to pay/full service (which I heard was planned to be this month). I'm on the Iris server as a Lv11/6 Magician named Professeur, near the Magician's town.

I rarely play PC games so I was amazed at how nice the graphics are... the last online rpg I tried out was "Graal Online", and it was an unbalanced nightmare. Btw, I seem to be able to play the game without much lag, despite being on a 56k modem.

I haven't met any looters or lamers yet. In fact, most people seem pretty nice.. there's a few times that Acolytes passing by would cure me while I was sitting down, and one player even gave me 5000z for free, without me even asking or even talking in advance. So needless to say, my impressions on the game are thus far, pretty good.

Game seems a bit unbalanced though. There's either only strong enemies or weak enemies. Or so it seems when you're still low in level. Anythus, anyone on that server?

sorry, i've never tried Ragnarok Online. as for Graal -- RRRRRRROFL
a game that can be both annoying and fun at the same time. ah, the many adventures i've had there. broke into a gang's hangout and slapped them around/destroyed some of their stuff, married two people i've never met before (i think i've got the screen shot around here somewhere), hid under bushes and rocks then jumping out to attack weary travellers, the list goes on. the best (and worst) part about the game is you could pause it, even in mid-battle, and nobody could do anything to you while you were paused. beautiful. hehehe

Zepy
209th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Anyone still on Ragnarok Online?" , posted Sat 8 Jun 02:33post reply

Hmmm... Magician? They're pretty hard to play...
Are you on the japanese or english server? Hard to imagine the english server being so friendly and lamer free :P

Erm?

Professor
1589th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Anyone still on Ragnarok Online?" , posted Sat 8 Jun 02:41post reply

quote:
Hmmm... Magician? They're pretty hard to play...
Are you on the japanese or english server? Hard to imagine the english server being so friendly and lamer free :P

Zepy- There's a Japanese and English server? hummm... didn't know that. I guess that I'm on the Japanese server since the majority speak JP', but I've talked to people from other countries as well. Btw, I ought to be getting broadband this month, or early next. Hohoho'.

Juke Joint- I love hiding under them bushes too!!

Coffee stains Suck.

Zepy
210th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Anyone still on Ragnarok Online?" , posted Sat 8 Jun 03:44post reply

Broadband! The earlier the better! :D~
Oh yeah, I got some HQ versions of E2 and E3 if you want them.

I've just finished Utaware recently! Are you going to get it soon? :P
Truly great game it was, plus you get to see the leaf office & Mitsumi's cubicle when you finish the game!

Erm?

Professor
1590th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):Anyone still on Ragnarok Online?" , posted Sat 8 Jun 06:03post reply

quote:

Truly great game it was, plus you get to see the leaf office & Mitsumi's cubicle when you finish the game!

Oooh, HQ of E3 would be splendid. I gotta send you the CP shots too, haven't had a chance to find you during an available time yet.

I'll probby get Utaware in September. Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy streaming video and online radio with the broadband I'll be getting. It'll be hard to have the PC off at any time since it'll act even more like a TV or radio after that, heh heh.

Coffee stains Suck.

exodus
15th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):Anyone still on Ragnarok Online?" , posted Sat 8 Jun 09:54post reply

hey hey. no english server as far as I know...only korean and japanese...maybe one in taiwan. I spoke to them at E3, and they're not ready to release a final english version yet, nor to support a large-scale server in english-speaking nations.

Actually Gravity themselves mentioned that the Japanese server seemed to be 'more polite' on the whole, and that's what they suggested I try.

if you need further info hopefully I can provide it ^_^

anyone else know about Gravity? I'm interested in their earlier games (antman 2 and lars the wanderer) but have been unable to find info...and I forgot to ask at E3...arggggh

quote:

Oooh, HQ of E3 would be splendid. I gotta send you the CP shots too, haven't had a chance to find you during an available time yet.

I'll probby get Utaware in September. Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy streaming video and online radio with the broadband I'll be getting. It'll be hard to have the PC off at any time since it'll act even more like a TV or radio after that, heh heh.

It's the riot of your time...

www.insertcredit.com

Jazzie D
1135th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Nani?" , posted Sat 8 Jun 10:17post reply

quote:
Despite that I have a dial-up modem, I decided to give Ragnarok Online a try before it goes to pay/full service (which I heard was planned to be this month).

Huh?

It will be a pay service soon? I never knew about this!

exodus
16th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Nani?" , posted Sun 9 Jun 01:22post reply

quote:
Despite that I have a dial-up modem, I decided to give Ragnarok Online a try before it goes to pay/full service (which I heard was planned to be this month).

Huh?

heh...how do you expect them to make money otherwise???

It's the riot of your time...

www.insertcredit.com

Juan
2063th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Anyone still on Ragnarok Online?" , posted Sun 9 Jun 02:47post reply

When i first started playing i met some guy that gave me a free sword and some pretty good clothing, that was very nice.

Havent played it lately since the american servers are super unstable (either you cant connect at all or the server doesnt save properly your character,) and because the game turned into a rat race where i had to make sure i dealt enough damage to the enemies before some tiny god would come by, smack the monster, and grab the items since whoever deals the most damage gets priority. Im sure the japanese servers are nicer, but cant access them from here.

Dont know why they are going to charge so soon tho, as the game stands at this point is not really worth spending money on, but maybe they have some super update that they will use when the charge system starts.

Blargh. I really want to check this out: http://www.starwarsgalaxies.com .

quote:

threesixtee
15th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Anyone still on Ragnarok Online?" , posted Sun 9 Jun 20:34post reply

quote:

I play on one of the english servers, there are two, chaos and loki - I play on loki. if anyone is interested in the english version, you can download it at http://ro.pak0.com under the "download" section. register your account at http://www.ragnarokonline.com under the "english" section.

are you serious about switching to pay-to-play already? they're still in beta testing as far as I know, and we're still awaiting the second beta (the one which includes the new third level job classes, new headgear, etc) which is rumored to come this fall / early winter, so I was under the impression that we'd be playing for free until the final version comes out.

anyway, I play on the english loki server, my name is rock-howard, I'm a lv 20/12 swordsman, find me.

"you have to swing the bat before anything happens." - haruharo haruko FLCL

Jazzie D
1141th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Nani?" , posted Sun 9 Jun 20:44post reply

quote:

Huh?

heh...how do you expect them to make money otherwise???

I know it would be a pay service eventually, but I never thought it would happen now. I was thinking next month.

pointystick
688th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Nani?" , posted Sun 9 Jun 23:18post reply

I played it for a while, and then quit. The average age seemed to be a bit low for me. However, I am not too fond of public multiplayer games in general, so I have a bias.