[an error occurred while processing this directive] Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3 !!! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Burning Kyo
412th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3 !!!" , posted Fri 7 Jun 14:28post reply

What's the top-tiers of SF 3.3 ???

N' It's possible to put the option 'n extra option in english IN THE JP VERSION ???

Replies:

Freeter
2760th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3 " , posted Fri 7 Jun 14:33post reply

quote:

N' It's possible to put the option 'n extra option in english IN THE JP VERSION ???

3.3? Wha'?

DoA girls in bikinis? Count me in!

Schizo_Wolf
10th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3" , posted Fri 7 Jun 14:40post reply

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike.

Why wait 'till the Full Moon?
I want to howl now!

ONSLAUGHT
2074th Post

"Re(1):Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3 " , posted Fri 7 Jun 14:46post reply

quote:

No one, the parry system makes them all equal, end of thread.

iggy
251th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3" , posted Fri 7 Jun 15:56:post reply

quote:

It's a bit late, but i promise, I will make the same thing Kaa did for GGX (with the table of Arcadia) tomorrow. The table was done with the 3 super arts usable.
I remember Ken beeing first, and Chun li and Yun not very far away.
Oro was much higher than I thought, and Elena far lower. The end of the table was Q, Twelve and /or Hugo. (and an interesting note about the confirmed Twelve players who developped a run away technique to nearly always win by time over).
And for the japanese question, I never asked it myself, but isn't there something at Gamefaqs to help?

[this message was edited by iggy on Fri 7 Jun 15:56]

TiamatRoar
108th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3" , posted Fri 7 Jun 16:08post reply

quote:

No one, the parry system makes them all equal, end of thread.

Theretically, because EVERYONE can parry, doesn't everyones' ability to parry cancel out everyone else's ability to parry, thus making parry a nonfactor in how equal characters are? Unless some characters have moves that fall prey to parry easier than other characters, in which case, parry would unbalance things even further because it helps some characters more than others. :P

Now, the only way that parry could help the balance is that those characters who's OTHER abilities are better than other characters are cancelled out by the fact that their other abilities are easier to parry, but then how easy to parry and punish does it have to be to make things equal? If it's too easy, then those without those other abilities that aren't as good but are harder to parry in practical situations win, but if it's too hard, then those without it win. And why would things coincidentally fall into place like that, too? What if characters with other abilities are made even STRONGER by parrying because not only are their other abilities better, but their other abilities are also harder to parry? Sort of like how groove gimmicks in CvS2 end up favoring Sagat and Blanka even more because their other abilities allow them to take advantage of the groove extra abilities even more than other characters, making them more top tier than they already are, already.

I find the argument that a game feature could balance out characters within the game to be highly suspect. Theretically, the game feature is something all characters have so it either cancels out, or the chances of it coincidentally bumping down the characters that are already better than the others without hurting the others are a very slim chance.

Anyways, just rambling. Generally, the top tier I hear is Ken, Chun-Li, Yun, and I think Makoto.

ONSLAUGHT
2075th Post

"uh..." , posted Fri 7 Jun 16:19post reply

quote:
Theretically, because EVERYONE can parry, doesn't everyones' ability to parry cancel out everyone else's ability to parry, thus making parry a nonfactor in how equal characters are?

Dude, I was being sarcastic... This damn top tiers threads always ends with flames and crap like that...
Just look at the GGX top tiers thread...

Anyway, I'm not going to return to this thread...
As the great Rikimaru said "I sense danger"

Juan
2062th Post

"Re(1):uh..." , posted Fri 7 Jun 16:45post reply

LOSER SENSE IS TINGLING!!!

quote:

ninjabastard
598th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):uh..." , posted Fri 7 Jun 17:36post reply

quote:
LOSER SENSE IS TINGLING!!!

Chun-Li is top. Ken is up there. I forgot. I used to know the tiering.

RugalBernstein
1988th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3 " , posted Fri 7 Jun 18:46post reply

Having seen a lot of discussion on " tiers " lately, I thought I'd say this. When I play a fighter, I don't give a damn about tiers, or who is naturally stronger. I play to have fun. Playing exclusively to win is not in the equation. People who play only to win tire me; it leads to repetitive fights, and little variety in character usage. This was one of the problems I wouldn't play SF Zero 3 for a long time, although people have " loosened up " thanks to my proselytizing.

TiamatRoar
109th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3" , posted Fri 7 Jun 23:20post reply

I play mainly just to have fun, myself (just look at my avs and sigs and all that and you should be able to tell who my characters of choice in SFA3 were, and they definately weren't top tier by any sense of the word :P). Though I think it'd be naive to assume that tiers don't exist. And they're important for tournaments, because in general, no one plays in the more serious tournaments 'just for fun.' By definition, serious tournaments are... well, serious (course, if you have a character that you honestly believe is top tier even though no one else does, then by all means, use that character if you feel that strongly about him/her. You might be right!)

...course, not like anyone here so far is assuming they don't exist anyways, though, now that Onslaught pointed out that he was being sarcastic. Sorry about that. It's sad that I've seen people say exactly what Onslaught said and they were SERIOUS, though. Oo Even the most obviously sarcastic comes off as serious if you've seen actual people say that seriously :P

Burning Kyo
413th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):uh..." , posted Sat 8 Jun 01:56post reply

quote:
Theretically, because EVERYONE can parry, doesn't everyones' ability to parry cancel out everyone else's ability to parry, thus making parry a nonfactor in how equal characters are?

Dude, I was being sarcastic... This damn top tiers threads always ends with flames and crap like that...
Just look at the GGX top tiers thread...

Anyway, I'm not going to return to this thread...

Sorry, but I've never would that the GGX top-tiers thread become a flaming thread !
Gomen ne !
So, Guys don't flame here, just because the other guys don't think like you ...

Burning Kyo
416th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3" , posted Sat 8 Jun 02:40post reply

quote:

"Oro was much higher than I thought ..."

A exhibition match (S grade) between 2 french players : Oro(winner) vs. Elena >>>
Link Here

PS : Just for you Iggy ! ^_-
Watch his "infinite" !?! I don't know if it's an infinite but it seems ^_^'

Iggy
254th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3" , posted Sat 8 Jun 02:59post reply

quote:
When I play a fighter, I don't give a damn about tiers, or who is naturally stronger. I play to have fun. Playing exclusively to win is not in the equation. People who play only to win tire me; it leads to repetitive fights, and little variety in character usage.

As I said it before, I don't let tiers influence my way of playing (or usually it's the contrary : I used to played Blanka at the begenning of CvS2, and stop when I saw that 1/3 of the used character was him. I'm happy I never liked Sagat) but it's still interesting, especially when thoses table appear long after the game was out, so most people already had their uses in the game and won't change it. And it didn't prevent me from using Hugo and Necro even if they were low. (and there are still many Alex players in tournament, so...)
Still, I think it is always interesting to look at it to check if you were right or not when you played the game (I thought Necro or Ibuki would be much higher, and Oro much lower, for example)
Anyway, here they are :

Ken
Chun Li
Yun
Makoto
Yan
Oro
Ryu
Elena
Urien
Gôki
Dudley
Alex
Ibuki
Remy
Necro
Twelve
Q
Sean
Hugo

But since it was done with all 3 super arts, it may not be the same if it has been done with the Super Art Select.

Time Mage
576th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3" , posted Sat 8 Jun 15:18post reply

Although I know who the top tiers are, I don't care, I play everyone (I have my favourites, Remy and Makoto) in "random" (push left or right, close eyes, wait a while, hit button).

3rd Strike is so amusing that this is the only game I play everyone without exceptions. Some are better than others, but the differences are not very remarkable unless you're in high level play.

FatCat
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3 " , posted Sat 8 Jun 23:02post reply

quote:

Last I heard, the top was
Chun Li
Makoto
Yun

Ken

This was about a couple weeks ago.

m(_ _)m

Toxico
2017th Post

"Re(2):Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3" , posted Sun 9 Jun 10:56post reply

quote:
Having seen a lot of discussion on " tiers " lately, I thought I'd say this. When I play a fighter, I don't give a damn about tiers, or who is naturally stronger. I play to have fun. Playing exclusively to win is not in the equation. People who play only to win tire me; it leads to repetitive fights, and little variety in character usage. This was one of the problems I wouldn't play SF Zero 3 for a long time, although people have " loosened up " thanks to my proselytizing.

I don't rely on the "tiers" discussions either, mainly because I think it as "how a group of people play between them with the characters", at the moment of evaluating, of course if they have playing Ken to death or Ryo to death they will give them decent rankings; while with characters that DO need of a more hardcore gamer (practice, practice) they will not look at them with the same eyes that any other.

Q & Hugo are good examples of that; they need more practice than you would care (but I don't) to give them in order to became competitive, also there is the chance that even though you are battling a skilled player, there is always a place for you to use more techniques or tricks that the enemy may not know...

A good example of this (a bad example actually, because many people repels the game) I have found it on Tekken; the world wide opinion is that the Changs & the Mishimas are within the most powerful chracters, but I constantly kick ass with Lee or Kunimitsu.

For me the factors that decide the battle are:

- Creativity.
- Knowledge.
- Luck.

Burning Kyo
423th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3" , posted Sun 9 Jun 11:47post reply

quote:

I don't rely on the "tiers" discussions either, mainly because I think it as "how a group of people play between them with the characters", at the moment of evaluating, of course if they have playing Ken to death or Ryo to death they will give them decent rankings; while with characters that DO need of a more hardcore gamer (practice, practice) they will not look at them with the same eyes that any other.

Q & Hugo are good examples of that; they need more practice than you would care (but I don't) to give them in order to became competitive, also there is the chance that even though you are battling a skilled player, there is always a place for you to use more techniques or tricks that the enemy may not know...

A good example of this (a bad example actually, because many people repels the game) I have found it on Tekken; the world wide opinion is that the Changs & the Mishimas are within the most powerful chracters, but I constantly kick ass with Lee or Kunimitsu.

For me the factors that decide the battle are:

- Creativity.
- Knowledge.
- Luck.

Lee Shaolan rocks ! But, I've seen that he's a top-tier in Tekken 4 'n 2.
N' Lee isn't the adopted son of Heihachi Mishima ?

Dutch Schultz
43th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3" , posted Sun 9 Jun 12:45post reply

i'm not that great at sf3:ts but i play it for urien, he's too damn cool, like that win pose where he move ontp of that charactor he's beaten and begins to punch down, but stops then his arm shakes... ohhhh thats too cool.

thats why i paly as urien, i choose my charactors for coolness, thats why in capcom vs snk i choose most of the snk charactors like yama, iori, and rock- becuase they're different and cool; on capcom's side it's usually vega(claw) and ken they're alright, i have to say vega is the most creative charactor on capcom's side.

i have to admit i didn't read much of the posts in this thread, but i assume i know what everyone's talking about, so if i look like an idiot it's becuase i didn't read the posts.... which is an attribute of idiocy.

anyways long story short, i play charactors for theier looks and crap and not for who's best in the tier junk also i like money

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
i like money, i'm dutch schultz

End of Spoiler

"I wish i was crazy so that instead of worrying about people eating me people would worry about being eaten by me." - dutch schultz

FatCat
1th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3" , posted Sun 9 Jun 14:13post reply

The person who started the thread asked a question about what the tiers are, not whether or not anyone believes in them. Perhaps if people just resolved themselves to answer the question at hand, many flames in many threads could be avoided.

Sumimasen m(_ _)m

m(_ _)m

Taa kun
137th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3" , posted Sun 9 Jun 14:47post reply

quote:

It's a bit late, but i promise, I will make the same thing Kaa did for GGX (with the table of Arcadia) tomorrow. The table was done with the 3 super arts usable.

Hey, the mad Arcadia grids posters are here???
By the way, I have the Garou grid, should I post it or is it too much "flamefull"...

Sniff... you call me Kaa... Am I the bad snake from Jungle Book ?

Tsukurimashou... Tsukurimashou...
Sate sate nani ga dekiru ka na ?

Burning Kyo
425th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3" , posted Mon 10 Jun 01:11post reply

quote:

Hey, the mad Arcadia grids posters are here???
By the way, I have the Garou grid, should I post it or is it too much "flamefull"...

Sniff... you call me Kaa... Am I the bad snake from Jungle Book ?

Post it ! please Taa !
I want it !

P.S. : (^o^) *Il en faut peu pour être heureux, vraiment très peu pour être heureux ...*

Ultima
251th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3" , posted Mon 10 Jun 08:24post reply

quote:
The person who started the thread asked a question about what the tiers are, not whether or not anyone believes in them. Perhaps if people just resolved themselves to answer the question at hand, many flames in many threads could be avoided.

Preach it Brother Lim (at least I hope this is FCL).

I wish people would stop assuming that tier rankings are made just for popular characters, and are the result of people not putting in enough effort with character X (sometimes it's so, but most of the time it's not). I also wish people would stop assuming "I win with character X, so he MUST be good". Few people are aware of just how bad they or their competition truly are. *sigh*

--
Ultima - The Right arm of Scrub Voltron
http://uramble.com/index.html - U's Rambling Page

Burning Kyo
428th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Some questions about StreetFighter 3.3" , posted Mon 10 Jun 08:44post reply

quote:

Preach it Brother Lim (at least I hope this is FCL).

I wish people would stop assuming that tier rankings are made just for popular characters, and are the result of people not putting in enough effort with character X (sometimes it's so, but most of the time it's not). I also wish people would stop assuming "I win with character X, so he MUST be good". Few people are aware of just how bad they or their competition truly are. *sigh*

But at a high level of competition, you must play with it to win ^_^ !
If we are good with a last-tier so we will be better with a top-tier, no ?
I know that it's not always the case, I asked this question just to satisfy my curiosity ...

Peace ! (^o^)y- oO°

Iggy
258th Post

Copper Customer

"Lee Shaolan?" , posted Mon 10 Jun 09:24post reply

quote:
Lee Shaolan rocks !

Lee Shaolan?
Is it the same name (same chinese characters) as the Li Shaoran in Card Captor Sakura??
Is it a common name, or is one of the character a reference to the other one?

Burning Kyo
430th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Lee Shaolan?" , posted Mon 10 Jun 10:18post reply

quote:
Lee Shaolan rocks !

Lee Shaolan?
Is it the same name (same chinese characters) as the Li Shaoran in Card Captor Sakura??
Is it a common name, or is one of the character a reference to the other one?

I don't know ... maybe ?

Burning Kyo
440th Post

Gold Customer

"What's MSF grade ?!?!" , posted Tue 11 Jun 11:49:post reply

What's the MSF grade ? 'N what's the tips to have it ?
My highest is S++ against Com. !
N' stupid human is S !

[this message was edited by Burning Kyo on Tue 11 Jun 11:50]

ONSLAUGHT
2087th Post

"Re(1):What's MSF grade ?!?!" , posted Tue 11 Jun 12:08post reply

quote:
What's the MSF grade ? 'N what's the tips to have it ?
My highest is S++ against Com. !
N' stupid human is S !

I have no idea... I have several MSF grades against the CPU...
Maybe it means "Master Street Fighter"??