[an error occurred while processing this directive] The New Time Machine - The Verdict - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Nifty Lifty
156th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"The New Time Machine - The Verdict" , posted Fri 7 Jun 04:22post reply

Yesterday I went to see the Time Machine at the cinema. I'm a big fan of H.G Wells and the original movie adaption, so I was dubious to say the least as to how they would fuck it up. I couldn't not see it though, and I'm bloody glad I did too. The film doesn't try and be a carbon copy of the original, instead telling a similar story parrallel to that of the original. There are elements of the original still in there, such as the crawling ivy and shop dummy, but ideas like this have been taken to the extreme with continents breaking up and futuristic cities sprouting. There are many new characters which are all great, and the locations are spectacular. There is a dark side to the story which gradually unfolds, and there is always an underlying threat keeping it tense. There's a good sense of mythology, science, story and character development, evolution, culture and action and I don't think there's one dull moment in the film. I don't want to give too much away, so I'll shut the fuck up. The verdict - along with Ghost World ranks as one of the best films I've seen this year, and it's a thousand times better than Attack of the Clones

Replies:

talbaineric
3426th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):The New Time Machine - The Verdict" , posted Fri 7 Jun 05:09post reply

quote:
Yesterday I went to see the Time Machine at the cinema. I'm a big fan of H.G Wells and the original movie adaption, so I was dubious to say the least as to how they would fuck it up. I couldn't not see it though, and I'm bloody glad I did too. The film doesn't try and be a carbon copy of the original, instead telling a similar story parrallel to that of the original. There are elements of the original still in there, such as the crawling ivy and shop dummy, but ideas like this have been taken to the extreme with continents breaking up and futuristic cities sprouting. There are many new characters which are all great, and the locations are spectacular. There is a dark side to the story which gradually unfolds, and there is always an underlying threat keeping it tense. There's a good sense of mythology, science, story and character development, evolution, culture and action and I don't think there's one dull moment in the film. I don't want to give too much away, so I'll shut the fuck up. The verdict - along with Ghost World ranks as one of the best films I've seen this year, and it's a thousand times better than Attack of the Clones

Wow! It barely came out over there? Didn't know that.

Anyway,I liked it. Samantha Mumba actually looked hot! I'll buy it on VHS when it comes out.

Nifty Lifty
160th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):The New Time Machine - The Verdict" , posted Fri 7 Jun 10:50post reply

quote:

Wow! It barely came out over there? Didn't know that.

Anyway,I liked it. Samantha Mumba actually looked hot! I'll buy it on VHS when it comes out.

Yeah, she's damn hot! Never heard any of her music though - is that any good?

Shapermc
27th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):The New Time Machine - The Verdict" , posted Fri 7 Jun 11:09post reply

quote:

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Did you see the same movie as me. I thought that that was a horrible movie.
I don't know I like the old as movie better. I also like Soylent Green .
I though that the movie sucked ass (my opinoin not yours). The movie needed to make revenu from some one though.
If it was a made for HBO movie or something it wold be good. Not a theatrical release.

Nifty Lifty
162th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):The New Time Machine - The Verdict" , posted Fri 7 Jun 11:37post reply

quote:

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Did you see the same movie as me. I thought that that was a horrible movie.
I don't know I like the old as movie better. I also like Soylent Green .
I though that the movie sucked ass (my opinoin not yours). The movie needed to make revenu from some one though.
If it was a made for HBO movie or something it wold be good. Not a theatrical release.

Why do you think it was so bad? I thought that the structure and direction of the film were near-perfect. Obviously the original is always the best, but that was certainly one of the best remakes I've seen, if you can call it a remake since it was almost totally different. The only thing I would have changed is the fights, which could have been more stylish. Nice avatar by the way.

Shapermc
29th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):The New Time Machine - The Verdict" , posted Fri 7 Jun 12:40:post reply

quote:
Why do you think it was so bad? I thought that the structure and direction of the film were near-perfect. Obviously the original is always the best, but that was certainly one of the best remakes I've seen, if you can call it a remake since it was almost totally different. The only thing I would have changed is the fights, which could have been more stylish. Nice avatar by the way.

Ok the acting was bad (sorry it was)

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
specially when his girlfriend gets whacked

End of Spoiler

I think it was (main characters name escapes me at the moment) worst acting yet. He was even better in the count of Monty Cristo.

It had very over used aspects of movies (it even had an you have to overpower the enemy speach with a little kid). The enemy creatues looked rushed and dont get me wrong I love jeremy Irons but this was such a messed up character and I don't remember exactly what the situation was but the climax was very non climatic and a little rediculous.

BTW if you like the avatar you can go to my website and grab an image that you will find on the front page and make yours better :D . Youll see go there!

[this message was edited by Shapermc on Fri 7 Jun 12:45]

Nifty Lifty
168th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):The New Time Machine - The Verdict" , posted Sat 8 Jun 02:15post reply

quote:

Ok the acting was bad (sorry it was)

I think it was (main characters name escapes me at the moment) worst acting yet. He was even better in the count of Monty Cristo.

It had very over used aspects of movies (it even had an you have to overpower the enemy speach with a little kid). The enemy creatues looked rushed and dont get me wrong I love jeremy Irons but this was such a messed up character and I don't remember exactly what the situation was but the climax was very non climatic and a little rediculous.

BTW if you like the avatar you can go to my website and grab an image that you will find on the front page and make yours better :D . Youll see go there!

I thought the acting was fine and though the climax wasn't the film's strong point (though I didn't think it was so bad) the film has a good ending (nice use of story plant). We probably won't agree on this, but what the phuck, I enjoyed it

Hungrywolf
1021th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(5):The New Time Machine - The Verdict" , posted Sat 8 Jun 17:17post reply

I liked it. I like Ep. II and Spider-man better, but I liked the new Time Machine. I prefer the original though. I don't think I could bear to watch remakes of some movies though, like Psycho....The original is so good. Alfred Hitchcock is great. Plus, Jimmy Stewart was in three of his movies (that I know of) and thats awesome (he's my fav. actor).