[an error occurred while processing this directive] Who really won? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

HazZan
610th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Who really won?" , posted Thu 6 Jun 23:57post reply

Capcom vs Marvel
I think Capcom won in that match up because Marvel just sucks.
Capcom vs SNK
Capcom is looking like if it's going to come out on top. Cause, to me, good old Capcom has the better characters (i.e., Gouki/Shin Gouki, Gen, e.t.c) and what does SNK have?

Future match upes

Capcom vs Namco - Who do you think will win?
I'm guessin' Capcom has this one. NO dought

P.S.
If you can think up of any other match upes just HOLLA.

JAMATA
MESSATSU

Replies:

Burning Kyo
401th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 00:09:post reply

quote:
Capcom vs Marvel
Capcom vs SNK
Capcom is looking like if it's going to come out on top. Cause, to me, good old Capcom has the better characters (i.e., Gouki/Shin Gouki, Gen, e.t.c) and what does SNK have?

Future match upes

P.S.

JAMATA
MESSATSU

IMO, SNK's characters own Capcom's characters !
It's just that Capcom have reduced SNK's characters in CvS series ...
For regain their potential, you must played with the A-groove activated !
SNK's characters are combo-fighters 'n not poke-fighters like Capcom's one.
Besides, SNK's fighters are cooler !

P.S. : What do you think of a "Capcom vs Sammy" ?

[this message was edited by Burning Kyo on Fri 7 Jun 00:19]

Gen
323th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 00:17post reply

probably Capcom won because of downtweeking of SNKers.

quote:
P.S.
If you can think up of any other match upes

SNK vs Psikyo.

(:

MrWhitefolks
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 00:43post reply

ok, Capcom vs Marvel? Uh...how many Capcom chars are used in top tier play?

*ponders*

cammy/captain commando/and maybe ken(all because of anti air assists and easy damage)

Capcom vs Snk

Bison/Sagat/Blanka/whoever...

only good Snk char on that game is Athena

now, as far as "down grading" goes...in the snk version of Snk vs Capcom for neopocket, akuma owns all, with 100% combos and infs that are easy to do on ANYONE.

so i doubt that it was some mass conspiracy by capcom since a capcom char beats ass on the neopocket game made by SNK.

i can't wait to see the neogeo rev of Snk vs Capcom tho. Hope that shit is more balanced and tweaked so we dont have glitches whoring out everything and the tiers all fucked up.

*looks around*

yeah right; it happens in every fighter from snk and capcom(and namco and sega and tecmo...)

peace

MrWhitefolks

Innovating combos you havent even thought of...

Zyzyfer
422th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 00:51post reply

quote:
...is Athena

nah, kim's really good in it, and chang fits right in with the capcom style of play. hell, joe's damn near invincible. come now, be fair about it.

MrWhitefolks
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 00:55post reply

quote:
...is Athena

nah, kim's really good in it, and chang fits right in with the capcom style of play. hell, joe's damn near invincible. come now, be fair about it.

i am, look at the top tier usage of chars. it's not that i'm bashing on the snk chars, i love me some kof(hell, i've owned 2 neogeos)...but in cvs2 it's all bout bison/sagat/blanka/athena/and whoever can whore out the rolling cancel the best with a shoto.

nak got slammed back down to mediocricity from cvs1, mai got shot down, joe's good...but not good enuf to take sagat in this game. chang is aiight; but chang vs bison or sagat = capcom char wins for free. it's sad...but true. it's not some conspiracy by capcom developers or the community, it's just that these chars in THIS game arent as good.

now, if they "downgraded" the snk chars for cvs, and the "upgrade" the capcom chars to make up for lack of moves in SvC for neogeo...that's gonna be weird.

*imagines sagat with more priority and stuff to do*

peace

MrWhitefolks

Zyzyfer
424th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 01:36post reply

quote:
i am, look at the top tier usage of chars.

i don't buy the tiers crap, and that's where a difference of opinion will largely lie. not big on letting a glitch promote a character's greatness either(got a similar feeling with whatever the mist trap mess is with johnny in guilty gear x)...glitches might make the character devastating, but it's hard for me to consider that a legitimate "tier claim" kind of thing. it's all opinions, of course.

just wanted to make sure the snk characters weren't forgotten is all, because i found myself bored when playing blanka and rolling to and fro across the way...

Burning Kyo
401th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 01:46post reply

quote:
i am, look at the top tier usage of chars.

i don't buy the tiers crap, and that's where a difference of opinion will largely lie. not big on letting a glitch promote a character's greatness either(got a similar feeling with whatever the mist trap mess is with johnny in guilty gear x)...glitches might make the character devastating, but it's hard for me to consider that a legitimate "tier claim" kind of thing. it's all opinions, of course.

just wanted to make sure the snk characters weren't forgotten is all, because i found myself bored when playing blanka and rolling to and fro across the way...

What's a Gouki ? It's just a handicapped Ryo ('95 one).
N' Ken 'n Ryu, a handicapped Iori.
But it's only MY OPINION ^_-

MrWhitefolks
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 01:50post reply

Tiers are based upon usage of chars in tourneys for efficency.

case in point: goro in kof98

was a glitch the reason he was used so much? you damn right. but was he used alot in tourney matches regardless of his glitch?

yep.

same with MvC2 and how storm/mag/cable/sent have become THE top echelon.

and same with the tiers in CvS2.

it's not opinion when damn near everyone that's a top level player uses them.

now, i understand how you feel on the subject, but we gotta be realistic here. tiers always abound and no matter what people say about glitches/etc...a top tier is a group of chars that are played the MOST because they are the best at that time.

period.

if down the road a new glitch/gimmick/char gets revealed OR a current char has a new glarring weakness; then the new char gets played hella and the old char gets dropped.

tiers are always evolving, but they are always there, and are not opinions(as the "opinions" are usually made by the n00bs/scrubs that have no idea as to how to play the game at a high level), they are the facts as to who gets used in top tourney play.

peace

MrWhitefolks

p.s...this has turned into a very fun and informative discussion; i'd like to hear more from the rest of you forum goers on the subject at hand.

Burning Kyo
404th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 02:02:post reply

quote:
(as the "opinions" are usually made by the n00bs/scrubs that have no idea as to how to play the game at a high level)

You're talkin' about me ? What I'm sure, It's that I ownz you at KOF.
>>>
quote:
What's a Gouki ? It's just a handicapped Ryo ('95 one).
N' Ken 'n Ryu, a handicapped Iori.
But it's only MY OPINION ^_-

Sorry, if I misunderstand your sentence ! because I speak only engrish 'n your sentence is too complex.

[this message was edited by Burning Kyo on Fri 7 Jun 02:06]

MrWhitefolks
0th Post

New Customer

"i'll be DAMNED!" , posted Fri 7 Jun 02:05post reply

http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/product_info.php?category=41&products_id=1867 &

check the comparrison rates...this thing does everything major 100% with no swaps(including playing legit imports of ps1 and ps2...HOLY CHRIST!)

i love messiah...as now i can finally play my bloody roar 3 import and do the fighting choreography i wanted to. :D

peace

MrWhitefolks

MrWhitefolks
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(7):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 02:08:post reply

quote:
(as the "opinions" are usually made by the n00bs/scrubs that have no idea as to how to play the game at a high level)

You're talkin' about me ?

no, i wasn't. i'm talking about my runins over the last 10 years with countless scrubs and n00bs that are heavily misinformed about games/tiers/etc.

an easy way to find uninformed players/scrubs is to head over to tecmo's doa3 forums and just read around.

*shivers*

to many 13yr old kids have that game and an access to the internet. :P

Peace

MrWhitefolks

[this message was edited by MrWhitefolks on Fri 7 Jun 02:13]

Juke Joint Jezebel
438th Post

Gold Customer

"haha no way i'm getting into this" , posted Fri 7 Jun 02:09post reply

me and my buds have argued this topic time and time again. ugh, hurts my brain thinking ... brain

argh

Burning Kyo
404th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 02:18post reply

quote:

You're talkin' about me ?

no, i wasn't. i'm talking about my runins over the last 10 years with countless scrubs and n00bs that are heavily misinformed about games/tiers/etc.

an easy way to find uninformed players/scrubs is to head over to tecmo's doa3 forums and just read around.

*shivers*

to many 13yr old kids have that game and an access to the internet. :P

Peace

MrWhitefolks

Ahahahah ! So I'm agree with you !

iggy
237th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 03:01post reply

If you don't mean "who is the strongest" but "who is the coolest" or "the funnier to play with", Capcom blows Marvel away, that's for sure.
in CvS, it's more ballanced, I nearly only played SNK characters until a few weeks ago, when I began to learn Chun li, Vega and Zangief (first time I ever played the big fat ass, and... whaaaa... was he THAT strong in other games? he could be my new Dahlsim). I use quite well (and with pleasure) 17 SNK characters and Capcom 14 characters, it's quite balanced for me. (I need a CvS3!!)
In the Neo Pocket version, it's easier : Capcom has Bulleta with them, they win before you even turn the console on.

(remember the "SNK vs Capcom vs Namco" article in Gamest).....
hmphhh.... too much crossovers for me.

Zyzyfer
425th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 03:18post reply

quote:
Tiers are based upon usage of chars in tourneys for efficency.

case in point: goro in kof98

was a glitch the reason he was used so much? you damn right. but was he used alot in tourney matches regardless of his glitch?

yep.

same with MvC2 and how storm/mag/cable/sent have become THE top echelon.

and same with the tiers in CvS2.

it's not opinion when damn near everyone that's a top level player uses them.

now, i understand how you feel on the subject, but we gotta be realistic here. tiers always abound and no matter what people say about glitches/etc...a top tier is a group of chars that are played the MOST because they are the best at that time.

period.

if down the road a new glitch/gimmick/char gets revealed OR a current char has a new glarring weakness; then the new char gets played hella and the old char gets dropped.

tiers are always evolving, but they are always there, and are not opinions(as the "opinions" are usually made by the n00bs/scrubs that have no idea as to how to play the game at a high level), they are the facts as to who gets used in top tourney play.

peace

MrWhitefolks

p.s...this has turned into a very fun and informative discussion; i'd like to hear more from the rest of you forum goers on the subject at hand.

i know it's going offtopic, but it's kinda relevant, so i'll bring it up.

i've never seen any tiers for king of fighters...well...i've seen unofficial ones made by random people on the internet here and there, and i'm sure they exist, but i've seen too much go on outside of the realm of conventional gameplay, and it's safe to say that kof is one of the few games that caters to an array of fighting styles. the characters are uniquely different, some combo powerhouses, some grapplers, some light fast pokers, some rough tough pokers, and then in between, there's yamazaki. anyways, the point i'm trying to make is, as far as kof goes, i've been around *literally* and seen a lot of different playing styles, and, in '99 especially, i've been whipped by every character in the roster pretty evenly. so i think that, while tiers might matter if you're going to resort to that playing style, it requires you to accept a certain level of conformity to appreciate the tiers. it's why i never got into mvc2...there's one way to play it, and that was that. i could play xvssf fine and dandy, using juggernaut and a fairly unique style that not many people could easily thrash *unless* they relied on infinites. sure, i could learn an infinite and do just as well, but it's not my gaming style.

so, all i'm saying is, if you dig tiers, that's fine. but in most games, cvs included, the tier isn't the game. the players are the game. otherwise, you might as well just set the computer on level 8 and let the ai play itself yo...

another example. this is the only time i'll buy a tier. playing street fighter 2 one time, i had zangief and my friend had blanka. he decided to be cheesy and jump up and down with fierce kick. no matter what i did, i couldn't find a way to get in close enough to land *anything* zangief had.

this would obviously play a part in zangief being low in tier. does that stop him from beating able to be played effectively regardless?

tourney fights are just that...some thing that's done in a little hole in the wall somewhere, by people who claim to know the game. whether they do or not, whether you like it or not, is speculation, opinion, not necessarily my own point of view.

c ya

MrWhitefolks
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(7):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 03:32post reply

ok, gotta clear some stuff up here.

when i'm talkin tiers in any game, it's the tiers that are used by the top group of players(i.e...svgl/southcenter/ctf in mvc2). not some "hole in the wall" otaku hangout.

the tiers that i listed are who the "players" that you insist that "make the game" use on a constant basis in any of their given games(in this case, mvc2/cvs2) in real top tournament play(once again...not "hole in the wall").

again, tiers are a FACT as to who's being used the most for their effiencicy(sp?) at the time. so there's no "opinion" about who's top tier, when it's obvious at this time. whether or not down the road someone might come out and discover a new character/strat to add to the 'tier' is when the current 'tier' will evolve(whether to adopt the new char/strats, or to find ways with current chars to get past what has been brought forth).

peace

MrWhitefolks

ninjabastard
596th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 04:07:post reply

quote:
ok, gotta clear some stuff up here.

when i'm talkin tiers in any game, it's the tiers that are used by the top group of players(i.e...svgl/southcenter/ctf in mvc2). not some "hole in the wall" otaku hangout.

the tiers that i listed are who the "players" that you insist that "make the game" use on a constant basis in any of their given games(in this case, mvc2/cvs2) in real top tournament play(once again...not "hole in the wall").

again, tiers are a FACT as to who's being used the most for their effiencicy(sp?) at the time. so there's no "opinion" about who's top tier, when it's obvious at this time. whether or not down the road someone might come out and discover a new character/strat to add to the 'tier' is when the current 'tier' will evolve(whether to adopt the new char/strats, or to find ways with current chars to get past what has been brought forth).

peace

MrWhitefolks

Marvel vs Capcom
Marvel beats the shit out of Capcom. Go play someone who has a good Magneto, or even some cable scrub.

Capcom Vs SNK
More Blanced. But, at the top are Sagat and Blanka.
lower top teir Bison/Cammy/Vega/Iori/Gesse/Hibiki/Yamazaki/Rolento.
Upper middle tier Kyo/Ryu/Ken/Chun-Li/Guile/Rugal/Vice/Nak/Morrigan/Sakukra/Yuri

Those are pretty much all the characters that are used in CvS 2. If your character isn't there he's either mid-tier or bottom(Dan,Kyosuke,Maki). But, A groove can play around with tiers. A groove Terry,Rock, and Sakura are really good.

[this message was edited by ninjabastard on Fri 7 Jun 04:18]

iggy
238th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(9):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 04:37post reply

quote:
Those are pretty much all the characters that are used in CvS 2. If your character isn't there he's either mid-tier or bottom(Dan,Kyosuke,Maki). But, A groove can play around with tiers. A groove Terry,Rock, and Sakura are really good.

Are you sure you didn't forget Athena? I thought she was worshipped as a strong character...
But, talking of grooves, is it just me, or the K groove seems barely used by american players, whereas it is extremely used by japanese players? (equal to N groove, if I remember well)

ninjabastard
597th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(10):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 07:38:post reply

quote:

Are you sure you didn't forget Athena? I thought she was worshipped as a strong character...
But, talking of grooves, is it just me, or the K groove seems barely used by american players, whereas it is extremely used by japanese players? (equal to N groove, if I remember well)

Athena sucks. Middle tier at best. She has got a great cr.fp, but that's it. Crappy supers, crappy specials, ok normals. Valle used her and gave up on her. But as I said, A groove can mess around with teirs. She's a lot better in A. She also plays well in p, but you're going to have to work. As for K groove there are a lot of K groove players in SHGL, including me. That is my favorite groove and Vinscant's. Next groove I use is N, to help fight against A(my roll cancel skills help.) or for me to use my N groove characters(Iori,Yamazaki). Basically I see, N,A,K,C and P(yes p. It won a big tourny so everyone is using it.) in that order.

[this message was edited by ninjabastard on Fri 7 Jun 07:52]

Shapermc
18th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):i'll be DAMNED!" , posted Fri 7 Jun 08:38post reply

quote:
http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/product_info.php?category=41&products_id=1867 &

check the comparrison rates...this thing does everything major 100% with no swaps(including playing legit imports of ps1 and ps2...HOLY CHRIST!)

i love messiah...as now i can finally play my bloody roar 3 import and do the fighting choreography i wanted to. :D

peace

MrWhitefolks

And onlt 23 soldering points!!!!!!

Anyways. I don't give one rats ass about teirs, n00bs, scrubs. You can call me any of those. I don't care, I dident get the memo when you were supposed to stop having fun with games. I get my ass whipped at the arcade but I rule vs the AI at home. I still try at the arcade and have fun.

BTW any one in New Orleans area that wants to take my ass on at KOF come on over. Shoot me an email!

Iron D
1807th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 08:39post reply

Ugh. This topic is already flirtin' with the flames.

I think I'll say this though, in reality almost any Marvel character in MvC2 could take on pretty much ALL of Capcom and SNK. I mean come on, Magneto has the ability to manipulate the electrons in your cell structure? Thanos can make you cease to exist with a mere thought? And all these martial artists and robots and S.T.A.R.S. agents and cat people are supposed to stand a chance against that? Akuma could stand a chance against some of the Marvel characters (I mean come on, he DID single handedly destroy a submarine), and maybe even Bison, but otherwise....

ONSLAUGHT
2070th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 09:06post reply

quote:

I think I'll say this though, in reality almost any Marvel character in MvC2 could take on pretty much ALL of Capcom and SNK. I mean come on, Magneto has the ability to manipulate the electrons in your cell structure? Thanos can make you cease to exist with a mere thought? And all these martial artists and robots and S.T.A.R.S. agents and cat people are supposed to stand a chance against that? Akuma could stand a chance against some of the Marvel characters (I mean come on, he DID single handedly destroy a submarine), and maybe even Bison, but otherwise....

Yes, I agree with my friend D in here, I think the original poster meant who won in termns of power storywise, not top tiers and crap like that...

If that so, in MvC2 -as D said-, almost any Marvel Char can wipe out the entire Capcom universe, only few stand a chance, but that's not enough...

In CvS2... now, that's a hard one, and I think it is a mere thing of taste.
While I think the capcom side wins with relative ease, someone can think that SNK can win... It's not as clear as with the MvC2 one...

Shapermc
21th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 09:12post reply

quote:
While I think the capcom side wins with relative ease, someone can think that SNK can win... It's not as clear as with the MvC2 one...

Sure it is. Look most of the KOF characters have a stor and a timeline and like 8 years of tournements under their belts. They train in their off time. They compete all the time. And most have their own side games as well as the KOF tourney (fatal fury, AOF, Ikari) There is alot more age and practice and variety (not just adding alphas, zero's, ex's, -isms)
Hands down SNK.

Then again I may just be a SNK fanboy, because I have no Idea about the Story behind SF (well any more then the basics)

But OOO OOO you can play old skool SF2 CE on the ultracde down the street OOO OOO :D

ninjabastard
597th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 10:10post reply

quote:

Sure it is. Look most of the KOF characters have a stor and a timeline and like 8 years of tournements under their belts. They train in their off time. They compete all the time. And most have their own side games as well as the KOF tourney (fatal fury, AOF, Ikari) There is alot more age and practice and variety (not just adding alphas, zero's, ex's, -isms)
Hands down SNK.

Then again I may just be a SNK fanboy, because I have no Idea about the Story behind SF (well any more then the basics)

But OOO OOO you can play old skool SF2 CE on the ultracde down the street OOO OOO :D

Story wise in CvS 2. SNK wins. Come on Kyo beat a demi-god. Or Iori who is the only one that can take on Kyo. Then there is Terry who trains even harder than Ryu. Etc. etc. All the SNK characters by story kick ass.

iggy
242th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 10:21post reply

quote:
Story wise in CvS 2. SNK wins. Come on Kyo beat a demi-god. Or Iori who is the only one that can take on Kyo. Then there is Terry who trains even harder than Ryu. Etc. etc. All the SNK characters by story kick ass.

Not a demi god...
They beated 4 demi gods, plus Orochi who is a real god, plus Ignitz and all the what ever they are guys of the Nests, the Samurai Spirits cast destroyed a few allmighty demons too....
Meanwhile, most of the SF cast had to use a space laser to beat Vega, and they fought a ridiculous colored thing in the sequel. On the other hand, most of the Vampire cast is immortal or have died at least 1 time and resurected, and has really superhuman powers.
I think the scale would be SF (nearly human) - KOF (able to take down gods) - Vampire (at least equal to the Marvel drag queens, I think).
Another proof of the superiority of the KOF cast? They fought the almighty American Sports Team, when the Street Fighters only had Captain Sawada.

Zyzyfer
427th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):i'll be DAMNED!" , posted Fri 7 Jun 10:26:post reply

quote:
Anyways. I don't give one rats ass about teirs, n00bs, scrubs. You can call me any of those. I don't care, I dident get the memo when you were supposed to stop having fun with games. I get my ass whipped at the arcade but I rule vs the AI at home. I still try at the arcade and have fun.

hey mr. whitefolks...i think this guy summed up my sentiments nicely. you can call tournament players the people who make the games happen, but i've seen like a total of three tournaments in my heyday. i've been around...so that says something. people have to do something in their offtime; otherwise, they'd get outta practice.

you're thumping the tier bible too much for me to get any point across. in that case, it'd usually be the boss that's highest tier, possibly? from an snk perspective, anyways. m. bison's a wimp~

[this message was edited by Zyzyfer on Fri 7 Jun 10:27]

Shapermc
25th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 10:47post reply

quote:
Another proof of the superiority of the KOF cast? They fought the almighty American Sports Team, when the Street Fighters only had Captain Sawada.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Then In '98 the American sports team had a revival then where was Captain Sawanda?

Huh punk!

Mosquiton
389th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(7):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 11:06post reply

If they had Gods and Demons in the SF continuity and they stomped all over the SF non-boss cast, then maybe you'd have a point. :P

As far as fighting technique I'd say that SNK and Capcom are reasonably equal... plenty of chi focusing and psycho power and etc. etc. Anyone answering the SNK vs Capcom question is of course going to vote for their favorite side.

That said Ryu would hand Kyo such an ass-kicking...

Heheh.

/ / /

israfel
11th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 11:23post reply

quote:

i like that idea. in the very least it would make capcom have to redraw their all their old alpha sprites in high res, unless they wanted to look like midgets being owned by sammys high res glory.

Iggy
245th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 11:29post reply

quote:
i like that idea. in the very least it would make capcom have to redraw their all their old alpha sprites in high res, unless they wanted to look like midgets being owned by sammys high res glory.

Who cares? The real next crossover must be "Bio Hazard vs Space Channel 5", with the complete "Thriller" steps.

YeldellGW
168th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 12:41post reply

Topics like this make me happy Vampire is never brought into the equation.

Marvel would win in MvC senario. It was dumb of Capcom to even pit their characters against comic book legends who can destroy mountains just by looking at them, etc.

As for CvS, it could go either way. Both companies have provided some ultra powerful characters.

MrWhitefolks
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 14:29post reply

first off, i understand what this topic was really about. but, myself and a few others were having a fine educated discussion REALLY early in the morning on this thread about tiers and the majority of you took it the wrong way(like i thought you would).

so i'm gonna get back to basics here and go with the topic flow...

gouki is fucking unstoppable as a character. only a select few from the snk series would have a chance(i'm betting on yama, because he's full orochi i think and maybe orochi iori). geese aint got a squats chance in hell due to him being a normal badass and gouki being an unstoppable demon killing machine. raging storm? teleport into shin goku satsu(or whatever the demon rage is called) and he's toast.

but i'd really like to see some dream matches between to the 2 companies "normal" characters.

dan vs robert(lol...robert owns him for free)

ryu vs ryo(this would prolly come to a draw)

duck king vs elena

r.mika vs ???

etc

etc

peace

MrWhitefolks

Juan
2062th Post

"Re(6):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 14:36:post reply

Hmmm the problem with orochi iori is that he does have incredible power, but he's a bit out of control. In the other hand Gouki also has incredible power, but he is sober and in full control of his power. So Gouki outsmarts the orochi dog easily.

A good match for R. Mika would be Hinako, thats about the closest character they have.

quote:
first off, i understand what this topic was really about. but, myself and a few others were having a fine educated discussion REALLY early in the morning on this thread about tiers and the majority of you took it the wrong way(like i thought you would).

so i'm gonna get back to basics here and go with the topic flow...

gouki is fucking unstoppable as a character. only a select few from the snk series would have a chance(i'm betting on yama, because he's full orochi i think and maybe orochi iori). geese aint got a squats chance in hell due to him being a normal badass and gouki being an unstoppable demon killing machine. raging storm? teleport into shin goku satsu(or whatever the demon rage is called) and he's toast.

but i'd really like to see some dream matches between to the 2 companies "normal" characters.

dan vs robert(lol...robert owns him for free)

ryu vs ryo(this would prolly come to a draw)

duck king vs elena

r.mika vs ???

etc

etc

peace

MrWhitefolks

[this message was edited by Juan on Fri 7 Jun 14:38]

Shin ATproof
621th Post

"Re(7):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 16:17post reply

Capcom in general fights superpowered Humans and a couple of Demigods.

SNK in general fights high level demons, Demigods and Gods on a regular basis.

IMHO I'd say in storyline SNK>Capcom...gameplay is a whole different story...

ONSLAUGHT
2076th Post

"mmmhh..." , posted Fri 7 Jun 16:23post reply

quote:

Are you counting the Vampire cast?? Or the Devil May Cry and Megaman universes? or just plain Street Fighter??
Remember that KoF has characters from non fighting games...

Shin ATproof
624th Post

"Re(1):mmmhh..." , posted Fri 7 Jun 16:29:post reply

quote:

Are you counting the Vampire cast?? Or the Devil May Cry and Megaman universes? or just plain Street Fighter??
Remember that KoF has characters from non fighting games...

In DMC we have characters like Mundus and Sparda right? Look at Last Blade...you have people who are at that rank...just that we see them in human form. Jeddah is powerful so is that Fetus of God...however we can look at characters like Orochi(if not in human form) and Mizuki.

Edit:Note I am not saying it's a written in stone flat fact that SNK's powerlevel is greater than Capcom's but there is reason to believe that...

[this message was edited by Shin ATproof on Fri 7 Jun 16:34]

ONSLAUGHT
2077th Post

"Re(2):mmmhh..." , posted Fri 7 Jun 16:44post reply

quote:
Edit:Note I am not saying it's a written in stone flat fact that SNK's powerlevel is greater than Capcom's but there is reason to believe that...

Mmmhh, this is getting interesting...
Should we clash the entire SNK and Capcom universes? that would be a heck of a fight!

HazZan
612th Post

"What about these match ups?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 17:53post reply

quote:
Capcom vs Marvel
Capcom vs SNK

Future match upes

P.S.

JAMATA
MESSATSU

StreetFighter(all streetfighter characters) vs. Midway
Capcom vs. Pokemon
SNK vs. Namco
SNK vs. Pokemon
SNK vs. Final Fantasy
Capcom vs. Final Fantasy

I'll post more later

JAMATA
MESSATSU

RugalBernstein
1984th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(7):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 18:25post reply

I think that Hinako should fight Honda instead. They're both sumo... ^_^

RugalBernstein
1987th Post

"Re(2):mmmhh..." , posted Fri 7 Jun 18:30post reply

BTW, Mizuki is under control of the devil Ambrosia, who is " fighting to get free " ... he's that enormous eye in the background.

justicekyo
167th Post

Regular Customer

"they have stollen my damned seal...." , posted Fri 7 Jun 19:16post reply

quote:
BTW, Mizuki is under control of the devil Ambrosia, who is " fighting to get free " ... he's that enormous eye in the background.

now, i return to them!

that's the living imbodiment of the seal, correct?

Zazzarius
78th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 21:15post reply

quote:

nah! sol alone would own the entire cast for free.

keep GG outta this vs. stuff.

Zyzyfer
429th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 21:47post reply

quote:

heh but only one person (chi) thinks geese is the supreme being in the snk cast. geese is the m. bison of snk, at least to me.

Iron D
1814th Post

"Re(7):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 22:26post reply

I'll say this much. Until I see any SNK character INCLUDING Orochi or any of the other god-bosses pull off something as impressive as splitting friggin' AYERS ROCK IN HALF with one technique, or singlehandedly destroying a submarine that is so low underwater that no one (except Akuma, apparently) could actually survive at those depths, then I think that Capcom has the edge as far as the cast that's in any of the CvS games (including MotM for NGPC). And not only because of Akuma either.

Also, someone said that Terry has trained harder than Ryu. Terry trains hard yes, but Terry also has to take care of his girlfriend and his adopted son. Ryu doesn't have any of these things to worry about, therefore allowing him to spend pretty much ALL of his time training. So I highly doubt that Terry has as much training as Ryu does...

RugalBernstein
1991th Post

"Re(8):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 22:29:post reply

Personally, I don't think anybody really won, and I don't think it really matters that much. I think the characters are roughly equal in strength. People overstate many of the character's powers on both sides. Gouki can do that, sure, but Capcom is just showing off what he can do. I'm sure that if SNK had felt inclined to do so, they could have had Orochi destroy Osaka or Goenitz do more than just cause a hurricane over the stadium. Just because they don't show them doing something doesn't mean they can't.

As for who WOULD win.. Simon Belmont!! He can take hordes of undead, and keep on kicking ass!! Yeah!!! Cough, cough...

[this message was edited by RugalBernstein on Fri 7 Jun 22:51]

Zyzyfer
430th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(9):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 23:15post reply

quote:
I'm sure that if SNK had felt inclined to do so, they could have had Orochi destroy Osaka or Goenitz do more than just cause a hurricane over the stadium. Just because they don't show them doing something doesn't mean they can't.

that's what i was thinking. the single most impressive display of destruction from the kof bosses was clone zero blowing up southtown, but it doesn't mean more isn't possible. orochi was sealed before it could even gain full strength. had it escaped, or had, say, akuma/gouki jacked iori and killed him or something(ending the sacred forces team), orochi would've just calmly evicted gouki from existence with some fruity holy light, or crushed the eenie weenie bit of soul the thing might have left.

what's worse, gouki's hideously ugly. i've never seen a nose that big...

MrWhitefolks
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(10):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 23:18post reply

quote:
I'm sure that if SNK had felt inclined to do so, they could have had Orochi destroy Osaka or Goenitz do more than just cause a hurricane over the stadium. Just because they don't show them doing something doesn't mean they can't.

that's what i was thinking. the single most impressive display of destruction from the kof bosses was clone zero blowing up southtown, but it doesn't mean more isn't possible. orochi was sealed before it could even gain full strength. had it escaped, or had, say, akuma/gouki jacked iori and killed him or something(ending the sacred forces team), orochi would've just calmly evicted gouki from existence with some fruity holy light, or crushed the eenie weenie bit of soul the thing might have left.

see, you people say "that's not all they can do, just cuz they dont show it in game"...but you forget to realize that THAT exact same reasoning works for capcom chars.

be more open minded and less biased.

peace

MrWhitefolks

Iron D
1816th Post

"Re(10):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 23:34post reply

quote:

Zero didn't blow up Southtown. The Zero Cannon blew up Southtown.

Come on. If these 'god' bosses were so freakin' powerful...and could pull off such feats...why is it that almost exactly as each new KoF boss is introduced, he gets his @$$ handed to him? I mean, with all that power, you'd assume they'd somehow at least be able to keep themselves alive for more than one game...

Oh, and Gouki's a demon. That's why his nose looks like that. He ain't human.

Iron D
1817th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Who really won?" , posted Fri 7 Jun 23:44post reply

Let me add that what I said above is the reason why I, personally, always though that Geese, Bison, Pyron, Rugal (the only KoF boss to make more than one appearance, and no "Clone" Zero and Zero don't count), and quite a few others would toast any of the KoF "god" bosses except Orochi, but only because Orochi can only be hurt by the Kusanagi flames.

Which brings up another question: since there is such a limited number of people that can actually hurt Orochi (those of Kusanagi decent), doesn't it make him look even wussier when he has already been beaten twice (once while at full power), while Akuma, who anyone could theoretically hurt, has never been defeated?

Shin ATproof
624th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Who really won?" , posted Sat 8 Jun 00:10post reply

1)You can't kill Orochi however you can kill Gouki.

2)When the Kusanagi, Hassaku and Yata beat Orochi for the first time he was at full power and in the 8 headed serpent form and they had to get Orochi drunk before they had a chance.

3)In KoF97 Orochi was not at full power and Kyo, Iori and Chizuru won by luck.

4)Yes Crimson flames are anti-Orochi however you DO need to be physically strong as well as metaphysically strong to battle a God like Orochi and have any chance of survival.

5)Yes someone like Gouki can break Ayers(sp?)Rock and survive at extreme depth in the Ocean...but he got beat by mere mortals. Yes Gill can part the ocean like Moses...these are STILL mortals or demi-gods. Who get defeated or equalled by mere mortals.

MrWhitefolks
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Who really won?" , posted Sat 8 Jun 00:54post reply

quote:

2)When the Kusanagi, Hassaku and Yata beat Orochi for the first time he was at full power and in the 8 headed serpent form and they had to get Orochi drunk before they had a chance.

4)Yes Crimson flames are anti-Orochi however you DO need to be physically strong as well as metaphysically strong to battle a God like Orochi and have any chance of survival.

5)Yes someone like Gouki can break Ayers(sp?)Rock and survive at extreme depth in the Ocean...but he got beat by mere mortals. Yes Gill can part the ocean like Moses...these are STILL mortals or demi-gods. Who get defeated or equalled by mere mortals.

if you pay attnetion to the capcom storyline as you do with the kof ones, you would know that no one has ever defeted gouki. ever.

he killed his master, brother, and "supposedly" bison(at the end of ssf2t, which ends the sf2 saga...and is way before sf3). all he does is just await the time when ryu goes full blown apeshit shin goku satsu style and they actually get to battle one on one. until then, he hasnt been touched.

once again, keep opened minded and stray away from being biased towards one side of the genre. it'll do you alot of good to enjoy the story and games from both.

peace

MrWhitefolks

DKW
92th Post

Occasional Customer

"Apples 'n oranges, people." , posted Sat 8 Jun 00:55post reply

Let me make one thing perfectly clear: the Marvel universe is separate from the Capcom and SNK universes. (Yes, I know Marvel once put out a Street Fighter comic; I'm talking superheroes.) You can't say for sure how Ken or Blanka or Balrog or Strider would fare against Magneto, Juggernaut, or Dr. Doom, because they never met in the comics. Sure, Maggie owns any of the puny humans he faces, but how many of them had Shinku-Hadokens or Somersault Justices or Final Atomic Busters? You simply cannot use a standard of power in one world to dictate who in it would or wouldn't dominate in another.

As far as fighting games are concerned, what matters the most is balance, i.e. giving everyone a relatively equal shot. Of course Yuri Sakazaki can't be as powerful as she is in KOF or AOF...she'd rip everyone on the Capcom side if she were. By the same token, Akuma can't be the dominator he is in SSF2T or SFA1. So comparing relative power on this scale is a non-starter as well.

And don't even start with "The Story". That's PURE fiction, ESPECIALLY anything and everything regarding Orochi. The idea that only a certain kind of fire has any effect on him is ludicrous. If it's actually true, then Orochi has no place in any fighting game (which is a separate issue in itself).

Let's be honest here: You have a bunch of people with fantastic powers against another bunch of people with completely different kinds of fantastic powers, there's no way in hell you're gonna deterine who's "better" or who "should win" in reality, assuming you can even determine which FICTITIOUS universe constitutes "reality". If you mean the actual real world, it's a meaningless issue, because these powers don't exist at all in the real world.

So let's just say they're all good and get on with our lives. Who's with me?

(C'mon, I know there's someone out there... )

homepage - http://home.hawaii.rr.com/dkwff

MrWhitefolks
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Apples 'n oranges, people." , posted Sat 8 Jun 01:08post reply

good shit there, nice n prudent.

but...i'm not saying which ones would be better or not, i'm just pondering the ideas(after a lengthy and semi-intelligent discussion about tiers) of who would be badass in a dream match scenerio and the overly fanatic snk guys here took it WAY to seriously.

see, i've played both the neogeo and capcom games(along with sega/namco/etc) ALOT for a LONG time and i see them as all equals. it's just that the fanatics that are biased to one side always try to make a "my guys are better than your guys" argument with story backups, etc. then naturally...i gotta retort with my own opinion that states that theyre equal.

etc etc etc

if we could just get these folks to realize that this is a discussion for fun and not for "my fav company" dominance, it'd be alot more interesting for the people on this forum.

so, i'm gonna summarize everything i've said on this thread so far so people don't get shit out of hand.

1- in CvS2, Capcom chars are in the top tiers. snk chars were overly badass(as were some capcom ones) in cvs1, and they were toned down...this time capcom chars just happened to be the most effiecent as of this post.

2- snk fucking rules

3- capcom fucking rules

4- both companies storylines are badass

5- you serious fans need to chill the hell out and have fun instead of taking this shit seriously to the point of turning a very interesting and decent thread into a full blown argument.

peace

MrWhitefolks

p.s...we need more "hot fighting game babes" posts and a more laid back attitude towards threads like this.

Zyzyfer
432th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Apples 'n oranges, people." , posted Sat 8 Jun 02:37post reply

quote:

but...i'm not saying which ones would be better or not, i'm just pondering the ideas(after a lengthy and semi-intelligent discussion about tiers) of who would be badass in a dream match scenerio and the overly fanatic snk guys here took it WAY to seriously.

if we could just get these folks to realize that this is a discussion for fun and not for "my fav company" dominance, it'd be alot more interesting for the people on this forum.

5- you serious fans need to chill the hell out and have fun instead of taking this shit seriously to the point of turning a very interesting and decent thread into a full blown argument.

peace

MrWhitefolks

p.s...we need more "hot fighting game babes" posts and a more laid back attitude towards threads like this.

jeez...who said anyone's worked up? definitely not me...being one of the few people i'm willing to bet who knows where your screen name comes from, such a knowledge *requires* a laid back approach to things, mistah whitefolks.

but seriously, who's getting serious, other than me just now? i don't see any fanboys getting angry as all getout, but then i think people on this forum tend to be some of the most tightassed, nonjoketaking, defensive people i've seen on a board. and now the professor's gonna kick my ass ^^;

i mean, i make a crack at gouki being an ugly sumbeeznatch and i got people reminding me that he's a demon like i didn't already know. to roll with the sarcasm bandwagon though, well hell, orochi's a demon in humanity's eyes as well, but he's darn purdy.

frankly, all i know is i said i don't buy tiers, and then i gots people telling me i'm wrong. soon as i agree with people saying they don't care about tiers, it looks like i'm getting labelled, as quoted above. whatever. i ain't sweatin' it. but i'll just let ya know i noticed.

i know you're trying to play a relative moderator in the current issue here and all, but people like to have their opinions, and it's acceptance, not correction, that gets the mad props. if someone's an snk fanboy, let 'em be. if someone's a capcom fanboy, let 'em be. i played sf2 long before i ever heard of some kof, but i'm gettin' called a company favorer? errrrrrr.....funk dat noise.

frankly, i never saw any game footage where gouki sunk a submarine or chopped mount uluru/ayers rock in half, so someone mind filling me in? manga don't count as a source.

Zepy
211th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Apples 'n oranges, people." , posted Sat 8 Jun 03:56post reply

quote:
frankly, i never saw any game footage where gouki sunk a submarine or chopped mount uluru/ayers rock in half, so someone mind filling me in? manga don't count as a source.

*skips thread*
mount uluru/ayers rock was in SF3:2I, submarine was in SF3:3S.

Erm?

Zyzyfer
433th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Apples 'n oranges, people." , posted Sat 8 Jun 07:50post reply

quote:
*skips thread*
mount uluru/ayers rock was in SF3:2I, submarine was in SF3:3S.

and look at you with your little cutlet at the top, like you're something special~ no wonder i saw the endings, i've never seen a sf3 ending...

Mosquiton
394th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):Apples 'n oranges, people." , posted Sat 8 Jun 10:54post reply

OH YEAH??? Well MY oranges could kick YOUR apples' ASS!!!!

Heh, but seriously... I AGREE WITH DKW, that's the coolest post in this thread IMO. Kind of what I expressed in an earlier post but much more detailed.

And also, Zyzy, what did Zepy ever do to you? O_o

I also don't think that comment about the board members being the most can't-take-a-jokingest-mofos-that-ever-lived isn't quite called for. I mean, tensions flare from time to time with anyone. People here are passionate about their fighters, but I do agree that it's good to take a step back.

On that note...

YA GOTTA BELIEVE!

/ / /

Rid Hershel
2804th Post

"Re(1):Apples 'n oranges, people." , posted Sat 8 Jun 11:00post reply

quote:
Let me make one thing perfectly clear: the Marvel universe is separate from the Capcom and SNK universes. (Yes, I know Marvel once put out a Street Fighter comic; I'm talking superheroes.) You can't say for sure how Ken or Blanka or Balrog or Strider would fare against Magneto, Juggernaut, or Dr. Doom, because they never met in the comics. Sure, Maggie owns any of the puny humans he faces, but how many of them had Shinku-Hadokens or Somersault Justices or Final Atomic Busters? You simply cannot use a standard of power in one world to dictate who in it would or wouldn't dominate in another.

As far as fighting games are concerned, what matters the most is balance, i.e. giving everyone a relatively equal shot. Of course Yuri Sakazaki can't be as powerful as she is in KOF or AOF...she'd rip everyone on the Capcom side if she were. By the same token, Akuma can't be the dominator he is in SSF2T or SFA1. So comparing relative power on this scale is a non-starter as well.

And don't even start with "The Story". That's PURE fiction, ESPECIALLY anything and everything regarding Orochi. The idea that only a certain kind of fire has any effect on him is ludicrous. If it's actually true, then Orochi has no place in any fighting game (which is a separate issue in itself).

Let's be honest here: You have a bunch of people with fantastic powers against another bunch of people with completely different kinds of fantastic powers, there's no way in hell you're gonna deterine who's "better" or who "should win" in reality, assuming you can even determine which FICTITIOUS universe constitutes "reality". If you mean the actual real world, it's a meaningless issue, because these powers don't exist at all in the real world.

I'm with you this time DKW...

Wise post.

RugalBernstein
1993th Post

"Re(1):Apples 'n oranges, people." , posted Sat 8 Jun 11:21:post reply

I agree. I tried to make a " neutralist " post, but it seems taking the middle ground rarely works, it just invites criticism from both sides..

[this message was edited by RugalBernstein on Sat 8 Jun 11:24]

MrWhitefolks
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Apples 'n oranges, people." , posted Sat 8 Jun 13:23post reply

hey, can we get back to havin fun now? jeez.

*ponders the idea of a "shin dan" where he actually gets all badass*

that'd be funky.

peace

MrWhitefolks

p.s..actually, if you knew REALLY why i have this name, i'd give you like 300 bucks in cash(no it has NOTHING to do with pimps up hoes down. never has. never will).

Burning Kyo
417th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Apples 'n oranges, people." , posted Sat 8 Jun 13:38post reply

quote:

Talk about a girl who has no master 'n who can throw a fireball !
Whereas Shingo has a master 'n who can't use fire yet.

Peace !

HazZan
617th Post

"U guys are wrong CAPCOM RULES!!!!!!!" , posted Sat 8 Jun 15:00post reply

quote:
Capcom vs Marvel
Capcom vs SNK

Future match upes

P.S.

JAMATA
MESSATSU

CAPCOM WILL FOREVER RULE. SNK COMES SECOND.

GO CAPCOM!!!!!!!

P.S.
MARVEL SUCKS AAAAAASSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

JAMATA
MESSATSU

talbaineric
3443th Post

"Re(1):U guys are wrong CAPCOM RULES!!!!!!!" , posted Sat 8 Jun 15:02post reply

YES!!!!!!!! CAPCOM RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HazZan
619th Post

"Re(2):U guys are wrong CAPCOM RULES!!!!!!!" , posted Sat 8 Jun 15:16post reply

quote:
YES!!!!!!!! CAPCOM RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH YOU AND ME DUDE.
FOREVER CAPCOM

JAMATA
MESSATSU

Satoshi Miwa
1111th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Apples 'n oranges, people." , posted Sat 8 Jun 15:20post reply

quote:
I agree. I tried to make a " neutralist " post, but it seems taking the middle ground rarely works, it just invites criticism from both sides..

Can't people like both companies? They've both made kick ass games, and that's good enough for me!!! ^^

Burning Kyo
420th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Apples 'n oranges, people." , posted Sat 8 Jun 15:32:post reply

quote:

Can't people like both companies? They've both made kick ass games, and that's good enough for me!!! ^^

Street Fighter has no really true story ... or it sucks !
I like the 2 but I prefer SNK !

[this message was edited by Burning Kyo on Sat 8 Jun 15:33]

HazZan
621th Post

"Re(3):Apples 'n oranges, people." , posted Sat 8 Jun 15:40post reply

quote:

I'm not saying that I don't like SNK, I love SNK it's just that I grew up with CAPCOM. Everyday I'd watch the series, My favorite character was blanka until I met GOUKI.
THE TRUE WARRIOR.
JAMATA
MESSATSU

Shin ATproof
626th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Who really won?" , posted Sat 8 Jun 19:22:post reply

quote:

if you pay attnetion to the capcom storyline as you do with the kof ones, you would know that no one has ever defeted gouki. ever.

he killed his master, brother, and "supposedly" bison(at the end of ssf2t, which ends the sf2 saga...and is way before sf3). all he does is just await the time when ryu goes full blown apeshit shin goku satsu style and they actually get to battle one on one. until then, he hasnt been touched.

once again, keep opened minded and stray away from being biased towards one side of the genre. it'll do you alot of good to enjoy the story and games from both.

peace

MrWhitefolks

Correct me if I am wrong but I seem to recall that Gen was able to rival Gouki because he was able to counter the SGS...and Ryu defeated Gouki(I don't recall if it was the Shin Gouki was included). Oh btw...I am not biased towards SNK or against Capcom. It's just that when you compare enemies to both Capcom and SNK especially in the SF/KoF games the latter has stronger enemies. You cannot compare Gouki or Gill to Orochi...it's like trying to compare bronze and silver to gold.

Edit: Note that I STILL enjoy the stories from either company...my enjoyment of either is irrlevant to who I believe has stronger characters storyline-wise.

[this message was edited by Shin ATproof on Sat 8 Jun 19:25]

Dutch Schultz
37th Post

Rare Customer

"Crapcom vs. SNGay" , posted Sat 8 Jun 19:35post reply

let's see. gouki is looking for a fighter that can beat him so he can die, or something along those lines. the fact that he's alive shows that no one has beaten him.

Ignus vs. Gill; Gill and Ignus should be the last bosses of CvS3- i'd say they're the most evenly matched bosses of both companies, and they both want to be gods.. gill wants to be a god by collecting fighters or something, and ignus by flying him blimp around. i think both have no idea what being a god entails, because i'm sure it doesn't involve flying a blimp.

if not ignus, then orochi.

orochi was some guy with pants, orochi at half power is a suitable enemy for Gill. i'd say they're equally powerful; think of it this way; iori and kyo kill orochi. gouki (storywise) could probably beat those 20 year old punks, since he's all about fighting. gill fights gouki, i assume, and wins. probably cause gill has that ressurection move, ohhhh and that seraphic wings move!!.....

LET ME BE THE BLESSER OF ALL SOULS.....
(wowowowowowowowowowoowow.. then you're dead)

what was i talking about?... oh yeah money rocks.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
i'm dutch schultz

End of Spoiler

"I wish i was crazy so that instead of worrying about people eating me people would worry about being eaten by me." - dutch schultz

Freeter
2764th Post

"Re(1):Crapcom vs. SNGay" , posted Sat 8 Jun 19:46post reply

Sheng Long can kick all their asses, because he's THE original hidden badass boss.

Um...what are we talkin about again?

DoA girls in bikinis? Count me in!

whitesword
832th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"*looks at the long thread*" , posted Sat 8 Jun 20:14post reply

Geez, you guys make even me look un-spoony...

*Goes back to Plasma Sword*

Better work on finding a way to combo into Zelkin's supers...I know the secret must be in the air-dash kick...

Freeter
2767th Post

"Re(1):*looks at the long thread*" , posted Sat 8 Jun 20:17post reply

quote:
Geez, you guys make even me look un-spoony...

*Goes back to Plasma Sword*

Plasma Sword is SPOONY!!!

whitesword
833th Post

"Re(2):*looks at the long thread*" , posted Sat 8 Jun 20:22post reply

quote:

Plasma Sword is SPOONY!!!

Spoken like a true X-Box-loving graphics whore...

Yes, I know you were kidding, but I'm in an exceptionally bad mood today (blame it on a certain line referee in a certain World Cup match...)

Zyzyfer
435th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Apples 'n oranges, people." , posted Sat 8 Jun 21:02:post reply

quote:
And also, Zyzy, what did Zepy ever do to you? O_o

he duked me up the butt with his fishing rod! that stupid cockle game! *hint, i know zepy from elsewhere* this is precisely the thing that i was talking about about people being uptight...they're sensitive to anything said their way and get riled up. i make a joke about zepy using a pork cutlet as his posting icon and suddenly i'm getting labelled a flamer? by someone other than the person i was talking to? jeez, calm down yo.

quote:
I also don't think that comment about the board members being the most can't-take-a-jokingest-mofos-that-ever-lived isn't quite called for. I mean, tensions flare from time to time with anyone. People here are passionate about their fighters, but I do agree that it's good to take a step back.

it's just my opinion, and you're proving my point. so much is uncalled for here, and it's not even the professor's rules. it's just the general attitude of the board. i like some people here, which is why i keep coming back eventually, but a lot of the times, i find myself having to hold opinions to myself because i just know somebody's gonna jump out with their video game book of knowledge and try to tell me how it all is. at the end of the day, it's all useless opinions anyways, and i don't walk away feeling obliged to straighten out everyone else. it feels odd enough to sit here trying to explain to you my point, because it's self-defeatist, and makes me look dumb when you think about it, but i'm just trying to spread some easiness on the forum. it's usually met pretty roughly.

quote:
gill wants to be a god by collecting fighters or something, and ignus by flying him blimp around. i think both have no idea what being a god entails, because i'm sure it doesn't involve flying a blimp.

without a doubt the best thing i've read today. if being a god entails flying a blimp, i'm soooooooooooo there.

mr. whitefolks just trying to deny his heritage yo~

[this message was edited by Zyzyfer on Sat 8 Jun 21:03]

MrWhitefolks
0th Post

New Customer

"w00t x2" , posted Sat 8 Jun 21:19post reply

quote:
mr. whitefolks just trying to deny his heritage yo~

i'm not denying my heritage as a pimp(hell, i own www.pimp-productions.com ), but my name had nothing to do with that guy from that homo hbo special.

Mr.T needs to be in the next versus game. :D

Zyzyfer
435th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):w00t x2" , posted Sat 8 Jun 21:21post reply

quote:
i'm not denying my heritage as a pimp(hell, i own www.pimp-productions.com ), but my name had nothing to do with that guy from that homo hbo special.

Mr.T needs to be in the next versus game. :D

is this comment made with or without seeing the director's cut? i heard that's where all the good schiz was~

RugalBernstein
1994th Post

"Re(3):Apples 'n oranges, people." , posted Sat 8 Jun 22:48post reply

'Tis true. I like both. ^_^ People are too hard line. Like I said, I think both have characters of equal strength.

Dutch Schultz
40th Post

Rare Customer

"hey whitesword" , posted Sun 9 Jun 02:58post reply

if spoony is bad
and shiny is good....

have you ever seen a shiny spoon?

or do you quote the matrix saying "there is no spoon"

"I wish i was crazy so that instead of worrying about people eating me people would worry about being eaten by me." - dutch schultz

Kitsune413
99th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):hey whitesword" , posted Sun 9 Jun 04:56post reply

I pick SNK, I just like their character designs better.

Kyo and Iori are cooler than Ryu, therefore they could beat Ryu. =P In anime, coolness is all that matters. ^_^

whitesword
834th Post

"Re(1):hey whitesword" , posted Sun 9 Jun 09:21post reply

quote:
if spoony is bad
and shiny is good....

have you ever seen a shiny spoon?

or do you quote the matrix saying "there is no spoon"

Well, in the world of spoony, this is how it is:

"Spoon" as a noun has nothing to do with "spoon" as a verb and the adjective "spoony"

You see, if something is spoony, it becomes a spoonite, a bard, or a son of a submariner.

As for the Matrix, I've got something to say to them...there may or may not be a spoon, but there ARE spoony bards!

Juke Joint Jezebel
457th Post

Gold Customer

"Juan vs Justice" , posted Sun 9 Jun 09:46post reply

and that's why i didn't wanna participate in this topic (check my post waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up there). i've barely glanced through some of yours posts and argh .. so many people so angry -_- do more sensible posts ... like, uhh, if Juan faced off Justice, who would win?

Toxico
2014th Post

"Re(1):Juan vs Justice" , posted Sun 9 Jun 10:28post reply

quote:
and that's why i didn't wanna participate in this topic (check my post waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up there). i've barely glanced through some of yours posts and argh .. so many people so angry -_- do more sensible posts ... like, uhh, if Juan faced off Justice, who would win?

Probably Juan, after all he is not alone in the fight against the joust and the right....
I dunno actually, but one thing is for certain: Papá Mono will fall to defeat in a great and expectacular blaze of glory.

MrWhitefolks
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):w00t x2" , posted Sun 9 Jun 11:11post reply

quote:
is this comment made with or without seeing the director's cut? i heard that's where all the good schiz was~

i've seen the directors cut. it's ok, but nothin special.

HazZan
627th Post

"THE TRUTH" , posted Sun 9 Jun 16:49post reply

THE TRUTH IS THAT BOTH CAPCOM AND SNK ARE VERY SIMILAR. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT CAPCOM MOSTLY DEALS IN THE CHARACTER'S POWERS AND STRENGTHS, AND ALSO TRYING TO CREATE MORE "ORIGINAL" CHARACTERS. SNK, TO ME, MAINLY DEALS WITH THE APPAERENCE OF THE CHARACTER AND THEIR POWERS. THEY BOTH WORK ON THE STORY LINE THE SAME TO ME.

WHAT I'M SAYING IS THAT THEY ARE BOTH EQUALLY IN TEAMS OF FIGHTING CHARACTERS. AND I LOVE THEM BOTH. IT'S JUST THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE GROWN UP WITH ONE TEAM AND LATER ON YOU MET THE OTHER. I LOVE CAPCOM BECAUSE I GREW UP WITH IT. I ONLY MET SNK A YEAR AGO AND I LOVE, NOT AS EQUALLY BUT LOVE NON THE LESS.

HOW DO YOU FEEL ON THEM BEING EQUAL?
JAMATA
MESSATSU

whitesword
835th Post

"Spoony caps..." , posted Sun 9 Jun 18:45post reply

Please edit them out, it's for your own good...

Freeter
2771th Post

"Re(1):Spoony caps..." , posted Sun 9 Jun 18:49post reply

quote:
Please edit them out, it's for your own good...

Bah, leave it. You get more attention that way.

Zyzyfer
436th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):hey whitesword" , posted Sun 9 Jun 20:35post reply

quote:

"Spoon" as a noun has nothing to do with "spoon" as a verb and the adjective "spoony"

foo', spoony is an adjective! i bus you up bad foo'!

ChunliFan
212th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):hey whitesword" , posted Sun 9 Jun 21:02post reply

quote:

foo', spoony is an adjective! i bus you up bad foo'!

WOW! There are a lot of very strong opinions here! Man this is a tuff one. With just the normal fighters (no bosses like Akuma, Orochi everyone else has been throwing out) I think that the fight is pretty even. I have a question about kof. Are the comics that I read on Kofonline plot cannon? According to them Kyo has been weakend a bit after the fight with orochi. Can someone clear this up for me?

BlackNinjaVinny
200th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):hey whitesword" , posted Sun 9 Jun 21:06post reply

Chunli fan, no, they're not canon. But they still are a great read :) Alot of the comics have wierd stuff in them, like Kyo dressing up as GMantle and the Metal Slug team in one of them. They're not canon, but don't let that take away from you're enjoyment. The 2001 are very good :)

ChunliFan
213th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):hey whitesword" , posted Sun 9 Jun 21:12post reply

quote:
Chunli fan, no, they're not canon. But they still are a great read :) Alot of the comics have wierd stuff in them, like Kyo dressing up as GMantle and the Metal Slug team in one of them. They're not canon, but don't let that take away from you're enjoyment. The 2001 are very good :)

Mai beating Kyo was great for me. I was so shocked at that.

Burning Kyo
424th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):hey whitesword" , posted Mon 10 Jun 01:08post reply

quote:

Mai beating Kyo was great for me. I was so shocked at that.

Kyo has weakened after the Orochi battle because he has been kidnapped 'n cloned by NEST cartel. N' that's why he has loose his MuShiki move !

Time Mage
578th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Opinions are good." , posted Mon 10 Jun 03:47post reply

As someone said here (I don't recall now), people in this bbs is too sensible about "flames" and such. I know, they don't want this to be a shoryuken.com forums-like (fillled with insults, flames, and some very, very good posts), but sometimes their attitude is ridiculous.

In my opinion, people should be free to expose their opinions, but in a polite way. There's one example: the poll about the preference of Capcom or SNK had like 60 posts (I think), but all opinions were perfectly educated. Some expressed their fears about that turning into a flame war, but it didn't.

If someone acts bad, like flaming constantly and intentionally, and/or insulting people, they should be warned then if repeat, banned. Otherwise, let's for once believe in people. I do that, and it works wonders.

Oh, btw, strictly storyline-wise, *I* think that SNK would win, because of the reasons stated above, they fight gods and demi gods, etc... Of course Capcom could do a storyline in which their chars fighted powerfull-galaxy-destroying gods, but until they do that, SNK would won.

And by no means Terry trains more than Ryu. Ryu is the ultimate masochist.

Rid Hershel
2810th Post

"Re(1):Opinions are good." , posted Mon 10 Jun 06:45post reply

What's the point in asking which company do you prefer, if you're going to be flamed if you say that you dislike one of both...

Zyzyfer
439th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Opinions are good." , posted Mon 10 Jun 07:36:post reply

quote:
What's the point in asking which company do you prefer, if you're going to be flamed if you say that you dislike one of both...

the real question is "what's a flame?" anyone care to answer that? cause a lot of different people have a different opinion of what a "flame" consists of.

about the 2k1 comics...well, someone else did say it's not canon, and it's comicized right on out. kyo just being kyo probably got boring ten times faster than it did in snk, and they gotta do something with his edit character dorky self. kyo's not really weaker in 2k1, just less important i guess?

[this message was edited by Zyzyfer on Mon 10 Jun 07:39]

Rid Hershel
2811th Post

"Re(3):Opinions are good." , posted Mon 10 Jun 07:49post reply

quote:
the real question is "what's a flame?" anyone care to answer that? cause a lot of different people have a different opinion of what a "flame" consists of.

I was taklking about personal insults and agressions.

Ultima
252th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Who really won?" , posted Mon 10 Jun 08:35post reply

quote:
Capcom vs Marvel

Wow. First time I've ever heard anyone claim Marvel "sucked" in MvC(2). o_O

I think Marvel wins no matter which way you look at it. I like Capcom as much as anyone, but the characters aren't quite on the level of Cable, Sentinel, Magneto, Ironman, Doom and co. Those characters are classic. And that's just in terms of design. Don't even talk about gameplay, where you get Strider on point, Cammy/Commando/Ken/Tronne as assists, and almost nothing else. Marvel wins this one easily.

> Capcom vs SNK

Are you talking about the actual CvS games here, or just in general? Since Gen wasn't in any CvS game I ever played (unfortunately).

In CvS2, Capcom has the extreme ends - they have both the best characters (Sagat,Blanka,Cammy,Vega,Bison), and the worst characters (Zangief, Kyosuke, Yun, Dan). SNK is in the middle, but I their "average good" characters are better than the Capcom average good. Hard to call this one, but leaning towards Capcom since they get more play.

Future match-ups: Don't care. They don't exist, and aren't likely to. The only one I would be interested in would be Marvel vs DC - now THAT would be something to see.

--
Ultima - The Right arm of Scrub Voltron
http://uramble.com/index.html - U's Rambling Page

Time Mage
579th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Opinions are good." , posted Mon 10 Jun 08:40post reply

quote:

That's not very often here. Different opinions, yes, they exist, but flames are not common.
You can response to someone that likes Capcom better saying that you think SNK is better because A and B and C (all in-game or storyline arguments, for example). That's arguing with someone and not falling in a flame war. Other thing is that you consider the debate useful or not, but as long as it's educated (even if I believe it's a stupid discussion, and a definitely intense one), I won't say "don't start a flame war".

Believe in people, and be a little more lenient. I think most of us know when to stop. And if for some reason someone surpasses the limits, yes, we can say: "Hold on, XXXXXXX, cool off".

I don't know if I'm explaining myself correctly, but I haven't more time to explain, bye!

Burning Kyo
429th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Opinions are good." , posted Mon 10 Jun 08:50post reply

quote:

That's not very often here. Different opinions, yes, they exist, but flames are not common.
You can response to someone that likes Capcom better saying that you think SNK is better because A and B and C (all in-game or storyline arguments, for example). That's arguing with someone and not falling in a flame war. Other thing is that you consider the debate useful or not, but as long as it's educated (even if I believe it's a stupid discussion, and a definitely intense one), I won't say "don't start a flame war".

Believe in people, and be a little more lenient. I think most of us know when to stop. And if for some reason someone surpasses the limits, yes, we can say: "Hold on, XXXXXXX, cool off".

I don't know if I'm explaining myself correctly, but I haven't more time to explain, bye!

We should close this thread, no ?

Time Mage
580th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Opinions are good." , posted Mon 10 Jun 09:12post reply

quote:

No, why?

AAAAGH!! Occupied!!

Burning Kyo
432th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Opinions are good." , posted Mon 10 Jun 10:21post reply

quote:

No, why?

AAAAGH!! Occupied!!

Wow ! 100th post ! LL

Dutch Schultz
46th Post

Rare Customer

"gimme money" , posted Mon 10 Jun 12:22post reply

what is this thread about?

anyways, to let you guys know i'm going to follow in suit of ignus and become a god by buying a blimp. i'll in my blimp yelling at everyone "look at me sore(haha) above you!! like the god i am i spit on you! *spit* look it's the spit of god!!"

while everyone on the ground is comtemplating shotting my blimp down with their trusty handguns.

ONSLAUGHT
2083th Post

"Re(1):gimme money" , posted Mon 10 Jun 12:49post reply

quote:
what is this thread about?

anyways, to let you guys know i'm going to follow in suit of ignus and become a god by buying a blimp. i'll in my blimp yelling at everyone "look at me sore(haha) above you!! like the god i am i spit on you! *spit* look it's the spit of god!!"

while everyone on the ground is comtemplating shotting my blimp down with their trusty handguns.

No no no no no!! You're wrong! How can you say something that ridiculous??? Having a blimp makes you a god?? please, that's insane!!

To be a god you don't require a blimp, a cannon or such nonsense...

To be a TRUE god, you need...

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
A thong!! You can't be a decent god without a thong!

End of Spoiler

Juke Joint Jezebel
459th Post

Gold Customer

"god? dear god" , posted Mon 10 Jun 14:50post reply

steam's a god, if you know what i mean. ehh, goddess

hehehehe

ONSLAUGHT
2084th Post

"Re(1):god? dear god" , posted Mon 10 Jun 16:51post reply

quote:
steam's a god, if you know what i mean. ehh, goddess

hehehehe

Holy!!! SHOW ME, SHOW ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

RackPacker
22th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Who really won?" , posted Tue 11 Jun 11:15post reply

quote:
Capcom vs Marvel
Capcom vs SNK

Future match upes

P.S.

JAMATA
MESSATSU

Damn this is a long post.
I'm with you. Capcom is hot but I like SNK better.

SNK vs Super Smash Brothers Melee.

HazZan
632th Post

"End of Thread" , posted Tue 11 Jun 11:35post reply

I really appreciate yous guys postin' so much.
I like your opinions.
MESSATSU

Iron D
1819th Post

"Re(1):End of Thread" , posted Tue 11 Jun 23:16post reply

Angry? Who in this post was angry?
*Sees that this thread is supposed to be closed*

Whoops....