[an error occurred while processing this directive] Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Jazzie D
1125th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 10:06post reply

Here's something I found out just recently.

There will be a new Ninja Turtles series next year.

Okay. Does anyone have any more info behind this?

Replies:

Shin ATproof
606th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 10:08post reply

quote:

1)It's based off of the Comic so it will be more dark and gory unlike the happy kiddie Cartoon series

2)John Woo is directing the film

U-Fire
13th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 10:11post reply

quote:
1)It's based off of the Comic so it will be more dark and gory unlike the happy kiddie Cartoon series

So basically at the end, there'll be a long winded seaboat chase! W00T-age.

Guilty Gear- Owning your mom since 1998

TheBeast
440th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 10:15post reply

quote:

I haven't been following the series for a long time, but I heard there is a female turtle in the gang?? Man, that is going to pose A LOT of inconvenience...But anyone can verify this?

Anyway are we getting a new tv series or film?

*recalls Leonardo, Donatello, Michaelangelo, Raphael, Splinter, Shedder, Bebop, RockSteady,Krang (Dimension X), April O' Neil, Cassey Jones, Ace Duck, Foot soldiers, Usagi Yojimbo, Baxter Stockman...TURTLE SOUP!!*

The only antidote to my poison is death...Hey! No fair! You have a resurrection move??

TheBeast
441th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 10:17post reply

quote:

So basically at the end, there'll be a long winded seaboat chase! W00T-age.

Not to mention that the final shodown with Shredder and Splinter will end up having their weapons pointing each other, with white doves flying in the background...

The only antidote to my poison is death...Hey! No fair! You have a resurrection move??

Shin ATproof
608th Post

"Re(3):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 10:18post reply

quote:

I haven't been following the series for a long time, but I heard there is a female turtle in the gang?? Man, that is going to pose A LOT of inconvenience...But anyone can verify this?

*recalls Leonardo, Donatello, Michaelangelo, Raphael, Splinter, Shedder, Bebop, RockSteady,Krang (Dimension X), April O' Neil, Cassey Jones, Ace Duck, Foot soldiers, Usagi Yojimbo, Baxter Stockman...TURTLE SOUP!!*

That female turtle I recall was just part of that live action TV series. Also I doubt that we will see even half of the people you mentioned.

Oh and this is a movie in the making.

Jazzie D
1126th Post

"Re(4):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 10:29post reply

quote:

That female turtle I recall was just part of that live action TV series. Also I doubt that we will see even half of the people you mentioned.

A movie?

*Sighs*

I want my happy kiddie cartoon series back!

Man! I still remember the theme song! I had bought lots of their merchandise - action figures, bed covers, books, videos, a pool table, dining ware, cereal, and so forth. I am not kidding! I was a big Turtles fantatic back then and yes, there were such things as a Turtles pool table, Turtles dining ware and Turtles cereal. (If I remember correctly, the cereal had Turtle nets that looked like Chex and there were marshmallows also. Man, I have always loved that cereal.) Up to this day, I still use my Turtles bed covers. Sadly, that's the only Turtles merchandise I have left. =P

Taa kun
126th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 10:46post reply

quote:

Guess it's a 'retour aux sources'...

Wasn't the first thing about these turtles the role playing game 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness' and the comic a kind of 'illustration collection/adventure' for the game ?

Tsukurimashou... Tsukurimashou...
Sate sate nani ga dekiru ka na ?

Dr Orochi
288th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 11:35post reply

quote:

The girl was called "Venus" amd that show was pretty bad. Shredder was defeated in an early episode (think TMNT movie shredder with lots of ninja warriors from NY and not robots) and it was immensely stupid. I love Shred head..he's one of the best villains ever. But to see him destroyed was saddening.... How did it happen? Well...

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Venus has some psychic abilities and tapped into Oroku Saki's (Shredder) mind, telling him he really didn't want to do this..and that he was only consumed with revenge and hatred...
Shredder then threw off his mask and fell to the ground grabbing his head and crying like a pansy....THE END.. WTF?!!

End of Spoiler

Holiday
1204th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 11:43:post reply

quote:

The girl was called "Venus" amd that show was pretty bad. Shredder was defeated in an early episode (think TMNT movie shredder with lots of ninja warriors from NY and not robots) and it was immensely stupid. I love Shred head..he's one of the best villains ever. But to see him destroyed was saddening.... How did it happen? Well...

Yeah, her name was Venus De Milo, and I
remember that spoilerish episode as well :p
Shredder deserved better than that!

Hehe, X-Entertainment has a new article on TMNT: TMNT Toys!

Also:
TMNT 1st episode
TMNT III: Turtles in Time movie
More toys, whee!

Strange. Feel like eating... pizza... now...

[this message was edited by Holiday on Tue 4 Jun 11:46]

Dr Baghead
1056th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 11:45post reply

quote:

There was in the HORRID Live action series "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: the Next Mutation"

Her name was "Venus Di Milo" or maybe that was just what the others called her. Her master in Japan called her a Japanese name I forgot and just to confuse the white kids more for the first 2 or 3 episodes the other turtles called her "Shinobi"

anyway she was a piss poor idea, she had implyed breast on her shell and knew magic spells... she "killed" Shredder allowing the good Hiroku Sake to reagain control of his mind and body (note:yes, they pretended like Hiroku was just a good man who went insane, not the cold hearted sabator the orginal cartoon made it clear he was) after he was on screen for a minute...

I hope the new series at least has Shredder, April, and pizza... I missed them in the shitty live action version...

Ishmael
18th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 13:01post reply

quote:

Wasn't the first thing about these turtles the role playing game 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness' and the comic a kind of 'illustration collection/adventure' for the game ?

Actually the turtles started out as a B&W small press comic book that was little more than a parody/tribute/knock-off of what Frank Miller was producing at the time. Notable for featuring the turtles swearing, stabbing people in the face and committing other jolly acts of mayhem, the first issue even had the four turtles attacking en masse and beating Shredder to death. Ah, the good old days before the turtles started eating pizza and being toned down so parents wouldn't freak out over their actions.

Iron D
1788th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 14:36post reply

quote:
Actually the turtles started out as a B&W small press comic book that was little more than a parody/tribute/knock-off of what Frank Miller was producing at the time. Notable for featuring the turtles swearing, stabbing people in the face and committing other jolly acts of mayhem, the first issue even had the four turtles attacking en masse and beating Shredder to death. Ah, the good old days before the turtles started eating pizza and being toned down so parents wouldn't freak out over their actions.

In fact, I like the kiddie series too, and was never too keen on the comics, although I still liked the movies as well. And I believe the comic book in which the turtles first appeared was titled "Gobbletygook." I've heard that there was going to be a new movie AND a new, more kiddie oriented cartoon show. I can't verify this, but I certainly hope so.

Here's some trivia for you wrestling fans: Super Shredder in the second Turtles movie...that's Kevin Nash! It's true, it's true!

Satoshi Miwa
1094th Post

"Re(5):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 16:01post reply

I hope they take the mid-road between the old TV series and the black and white comic series. More serious stories, with the turtles still wisecracking and stuff...

And the further they stay away from the live action series, the better. Gawd, Saban can just butcher up a cartoon when they make it live action (Still remember Saban Moon...).

I don't think will see Usagi Yojimbo back, as they'd have to get the rights off of Stan Sakai. Though if they gave him his own cartoon that'd be cool..

talbaineric
3399th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(6):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 16:57post reply

I miss the old Turtles cartoons! They were the bomb back in the day! So cool!

Maybe they'll bring the cartoon back for a new generation!

Shin ATproof
611th Post

"Re(7):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 17:49post reply

This movie I believe is going to be for Turtle fans who are now generally late teens early 20's. That's why John Woo is going for the more hardcore Turtles then the mild ones of the TV series.

Dude and that kinda of a good thing because I have a TMNT comic with this hitman of the mafia who was going to be killed by a rival gang was "saved" by the turtles but he goes nuts and then starts to see turtles everywhere. He starts to become like Rambo and kill all "toitles" and he finally finds teh turtle lair, beats the crap out Splinter and fights the TMNTs. Don and Leo trick the guy by making him look in a mirror and he sees himself as a turtle and he shoots himself in the head....

I WANNA SEE STUFF LIKE THIS!

Shin ATproof
612th Post

"Re(8):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 17:51post reply

Oh yeah and another bit of info on the TMNT movie:

The turtles I hear are going to be 1/2 rubber suits like the past movies and 1/2 CG animated...meaning we are going to see some kick ass action without the restriction of fully live action movie.

Freeter
2746th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(9):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 19:01post reply

quote:
Oh yeah and another bit of info on the TMNT movie:

The turtles I hear are going to be 1/2 rubber suits like the past movies and 1/2 CG animated...meaning we are going to see some kick ass action without the restriction of fully live action movie.

It better be ZERO popstar cameos also. I don't need another "Go Ninja Go Ninja Go!"...

DoA girls in bikinis? Count me in!

Rolling Start
85th Post

Occasional Customer

"Honestly..." , posted Tue 4 Jun 19:03:post reply

Honestly...

Ninja Turtles was fuckin awesome! I always argue with my friend about this: did pizza really take off in popularity after TMNT? I'm not an idiot, i know that pizza has been around for a hell of a long time, but i mean the big chains, like Pizza Hut, Dominos and Little Caesers. Did the turtles jump-start the pizza industry? How many of these franchises were around before the whole ninja turtles craze?

Little nuggets of information about TMNT:

Kevin Nash (Diesel, Big Sexy) of wrestling fame played super shredder in TMNT2: SOTO. No shit! EDIT: Whoops, i didn't notice that this was posted above!

The guy who did leonardo's voice in the cartoon did the voice of Kaneda in the dub of akira, IIRC.

Ernie Reyes Jr. is awesome.
"Did i mention i study martial arts?"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...ugh.

Bolischoy Tavieda!

Owhyawhyawhyawhya!

[this message was edited by Rolling Start on Tue 4 Jun 22:27]

Toxico
1985th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 20:37post reply

quote:

Unusual, in my country there is a parody where the characters are Rats and that's said on a very hash way [degenration of lenguage at your service], they came within a bigger parody magazine of Rambo.

Zyzyfer
415th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 22:28post reply

i remember hearing that kevin nash rumor before...

it'd be sweet, i loved the first time and give it props even at my current age, because it did what the cartoon couldn't do and got a little more ballsy. predictable, yet good explanation for why shredder and the turtles hated each other. it went to hell in the other two movies, but yea.

and the games were awesome as hell to play, even the nearly-impossible first ninja turtles. an all-around excellent franchise, though that live-action show with the chick turtle really sucked...

Dr Baghead
1059th Post

"Re(10):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 22:34post reply

quote:
It better be ZERO popstar cameos also. I don't need another "Go Ninja Go Ninja Go!"...

No way man! that was awesome!!!! I loved how they for no reason stopped fighting and took their attention off of Shredder and his cohorts to bust a fly move on the dance floor!

I hope they get Vanilla Ice's modern day equalitant, Vanilla Coke, to show up in the new move! I mean, why make a move about superheros when you're not going to date it by including a flavor of the month?

Fro Boy11
520th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 22:41post reply

quote:

I heard that there will be a whole Ninja Turtles renniassance or something. Movies, action figures, tv cartoons. The whole bit.

Dr Baghead
1062th Post

"Re(2):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 22:49post reply

quote:
...Ninja Turtles renniassance...

there's irony or something in that statement given the Turtles name sakes...

Fro Boy11
521th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 22:51post reply

quote:
...Ninja Turtles renniassance...

there's irony or something in that statement given the Turtles name sakes...

LOL, I didn't even think of that

BlackNinjaVinny
196th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Tue 4 Jun 23:34post reply

I hopethe series is like the first episodes of ninja turtles. If you recall, these were more serious then the later crazy adventures (like the turtle terminator, and bug man episode.). The beginning of the series was very good, especially when Shredder says "Tonight I'll dine on turtle soup." He says it so bad ass at that part.
And then, from then on, the series pretty much goes down hill with to much humor and not enough seriousness. I hope the new series will be as good as the first episodes were.
And with new TMNT stuff, you know a new game is on the horizon ^_^

Iron D
1792th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(5):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Wed 5 Jun 00:18post reply

How could we go a whole thread without saying something about the videogames? I'm currently on a TMNTIV: Turtles in Time high. The music, the gameplay, the stages....man all of the Turtle games (except the original for Nintendo) were awesome!

Dr Baghead
1067th Post

"Re(6):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Wed 5 Jun 18:58post reply

quote:
How could we go a whole thread without saying something about the videogames? I'm currently on a TMNTIV: Turtles in Time high. The music, the gameplay, the stages....man all of the Turtle games (except the original for Nintendo) were awesome!

I really loved the SNES version of Turtles Tournament Fighters...

I wish some company could make a Soul Calibur level weapon based fighting game featuring the Turtles, but the Turtles are a "fad" so tought luck on that ever happening...

Luisinan
18th Post

New Customer

"Re(7):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Thu 6 Jun 00:18post reply

The only console TMNT game worth playing is the original NES one. THAT WAS THE BEST TMNT game ever. It involved basic side scrolling action with a weak map/strategy aspect. Very hard but certainly one of the best NES games ever.

This game had it all. You fought Bebop and Rocksteady. The robotic turtle. A giant mouser. THE TECHNODROME. Yes, you had to batle a whack out of scale technodrone. And Shredder. There was a ton of sweet cut scenes. Konami went ALL OUT on this game and then got real lazy in their future games- which were basically weak arcade rehashes. But anyway, this game was ahead of its time.

Most other companies made simple games with simple graphics and simple gameplay. They reused a lot of animation and graphics to cut corners. But Konami went nuts here. I've never seen the map/sidescroller idea used again. Plus you had 4 turtles at all times. And if one of them died, you had a chance to rescue him in each stage. Did I mention this game is awesome (for an early NES game!)

Oh and each turtle had advantages and disadvantages with their weapons. Ralph and Mike had an easy time killing quick, small enemies like Mousers. Donatello had the strongest and longest weapon, but it was a bit slow and hard to aim. Leonardo was really good, but weaker then Don and slower then Mike and Ralph. Ralph was the quickest but weakest and had the shortest range. You'd usually use Don to fight bosses. Ralph and Mike were good for clearing areas. And Leo was great when you had to jump across the screen and slash things.

And April and Splinter would always give you dumb advice and tell you that you were doing a good job! Only thing missing is Casey Jones and Baxter Stockman. And Krang, but he's in there as a minor enemy.

I love this game so much. I think I will look for it on the net and play it again.

What constantly surprises me is that a lot of NES games were so hard to beat and the NES was made for little kids. Even some games are tough to beat as adults. What the hell were those developers thinking!

Luis.

Zyzyfer
418th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Thu 6 Jun 06:57post reply

Did anyone else ever try to pause the game, switch turtles, and take advantage of this for attacking bosses? I figure you could use Donatello, lash out, then instead of waiting for the recovery, switch turtles and go to Raphael, then when the next attack comes, switch back to Donatello. I think I tried it when I was a kid, but don't remember if it worked or anything...

I could usually get to the air force base thing, but then things just got too hard at that stage.

Shin ATproof
617th Post

"Re(9):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Thu 6 Jun 21:11post reply

The two arcade titles were my favorite TMNT games...and they are still some of my favorite beat'em ups.

Go ninja go ninja go!

[sigh]I have high hopes for the new movie....

Hungrywolf
1022th Post

"Re(10):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Sat 8 Jun 17:25post reply

I'm trying to check so much, I might have missed it, but I read in a magazine the TMNT thing was going to be a miniseries, I forgot on which network. I could be mistaken, but I know I DID read it, and I think it was in Wizard.

Dr Baghead
1092th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Sun 9 Jun 14:45post reply

quote:
I'm trying to check so much, I might have missed it, but I read in a magazine the TMNT thing was going to be a miniseries, I forgot on which network. I could be mistaken, but I know I DID read it, and I think it was in Wizard.

From what I remember here's what the Turtles are up to:
-A new cel-based animated TV series (CGI series fell through and was replaced by a traditional one)
-A CGI/Live Action miniseries on the Hallmark Channel (Hallmark miniseries tend to be pretty good effectswise, might be worth a watch)
-A CGI movie directed by John Woo (geared towards the first fans of the Ninja Turtles who are now grown up, so it will be darker and truer to the comics)

no matter what I hope someone makes a 4-player beat-em-up!

Hungrywolf
1029th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Sun 9 Jun 18:00post reply

quote:

From what I remember here's what the Turtles are up to:
-A new cel-based animated TV series (CGI series fell through and was replaced by a traditional one)
-A CGI/Live Action miniseries on the Hallmark Channel (Hallmark miniseries tend to be pretty good effectswise, might be worth a watch)
-A CGI movie directed by John Woo (geared towards the first fans of the Ninja Turtles who are now grown up, so it will be darker and truer to the comics)

no matter what I hope someone makes a 4-player beat-em-up!

Cool, so there is a miniseries coming out. I hadn't heard about the movie or cartoon though, cool deal. Thanks for the info.

Dr Orochi
295th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Sun 9 Jun 18:17post reply

Directly from the horses mouth. www.ninjaturtles.com The official TMNT site.

long post, enjoy!

"Some great news became official this week! Here's the press release:

4Kids To Produce and Launch New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Series

Company To Serve As Exclusive Global Merchandise Licensing Representative For The Property Set To Air On The Recently Acquired 4Kids Entertainment Saturday Morning Kids Block On Fox.

4Kids Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: KDE - news) and Mirage Licensing, Inc., the holder of the rights to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, announced today that 4Kids will produce twenty-six (26) episodes of a new animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles television series.

The new Ninja Turtles series is scheduled to premiere in the first quarter of 2003 on the Fox Saturday Morning Block programmed by 4Kids. In addition to producing the television series, 4Kids will also serve as the exclusive merchandise licensing agent for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles property worldwide.

"We are delighted to be working with Peter Laird, the co-creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, to introduce the Ninja Turtles to a new generation of fans," said Al Kahn, Chairman and CEO of 4Kids Entertainment. "The Ninja Turtles property enjoys worldwide popularity and we expect the new Ninja Turtles series to be must see TV for kids around the globe. There has always been tremendous interest in the Turtles and we expect that the master toy licensee, Playmates Toys, Inc., will quickly be joined by other leading children's merchandise companies around the globe in supporting the re-launch of the Ninja Turtles."

"We are thrilled to partner with 4Kids to produce a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series," said Gary Richardson, CEO of Mirage. "4Kids has established itself as a leading producer of quality children's entertainment with such shows as Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! at the top of the children's television ratings. 4Kids also enjoys a stellar reputation as a leading merchandise licensing agent."

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were created in May 1984 when Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman published a forty page black and white comic book. The original Ninja Turtles animated series debuted in 1987. It was the #1 children's television show throughout the late 1980's and early `90's. Ninja Turtles merchandise licensees, including master toy licensee Playmates Toys and videogame licensee Konami were also enormously successful, selling in excess of $1 billion in sales at retail for toys, videogames and other merchandise within all product categories.

"In reintroducing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I am pleased to say that 4Kids will be going back to the Turtles' comic book roots," said Peter Laird, co-creator of the Turtles. "We anticipate that the new Ninja Turtles series will contain the same irreverent contemporary humor and compelling action sequences that the Turtles are famous for, updated for the 21st century."

About 4Kids Entertainment:

Headquartered in New York City with international offices in London, 4Kids Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: KDE - news) is a global provider of children's entertainment and merchandise licensing. 4Kids, through its wholly owned subsidiaries, provides domestic and international merchandise licensing and product development, television, film, music and home video production and distribution, media buying and planning and website development. For further information, please visit the company's Web site at www.4kidsEntertainment.com .

About Mirage Licensing:

Mirage Licensing, Inc. is the licensing arm of a group of companies - Mirage Studios, Inc., Mirage Management, Inc., Mirage Publishing, Inc. - located in Northampton, Massachusetts that for 18 years has administered, nurtured and protected the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles property, one of the most successful and respected worldwide children's entertainment and merchandise properties of all time.

So that's the scoop! The Turtles are back in business in Tinsel Town! Cowabunga! =O)

This news has already drawn alotta questions, and here's some answers:

The show will be traditional, 2D cel animation (like the original toon was). There is a chance that some 3D models may be used for backgrounds and vehicles, in a process that's being dubbed "2.5D" in Hollywood (check out "Futurama" to see how this works, as they use "2.5D" on that show).

The lead director for the new Turtles series will be Ilya Skorupsky. The head writer is Lloyd Goldfine (I'll be attempting to get an interview with Lloyd if his hectic schedule will permit it). The current "catch phrase" for the TMNT story bible is "SBKNA" - which stands for "Serious Butt-Kicking Ninja Action," so we're confident that Lloyd knows his Turtles. Our goal is for the show to appeal to both adult fans and the new generation of children. Peter Laird has been very pleased with his conversations with everyone from 4Kids - so we're off to an incredibly positive relationship!

There will be new action figures. Playmates is already working with 4Kids to produce a new line of toys that should be released around the same as the new cartoon debuts.

Yes, there will be new video games. 4Kids has tremendous clout and connections within the gaming industry, so we fully anticipate that some new games will go into development over the next few months. Nothing has been signed yet - but we'll announce who's doing what on what platform as soon as we know.

This is very good news for the CGI TMNT movie. Hopefully it will kick into high gear soon. More news on that in the coming months!

That's the scoop from Hollywood! Things are looking great for the TMNT in 2003!"

Dr Baghead
1096th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Sun 9 Jun 19:24post reply

quote:
Directly from the horses mouth. www.ninjaturtles.com The official TMNT site.

long post, enjoy!

"Some great news became official this week! Here's the press release:

4Kids To Produce and Launch New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Series

Company To Serve As Exclusive Global Merchandise Licensing Representative For The Property Set To Air On The Recently Acquired 4Kids Entertainment Saturday Morning Kids Block On Fox.

4Kids Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: KDE - news) and Mirage Licensing, Inc., the holder of the rights to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, announced today that 4Kids will produce twenty-six (26) episodes of a new animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles television series.

The new Ninja Turtles series is scheduled to premiere in the first quarter of 2003 on the Fox Saturday Morning Block programmed by 4Kids. In addition to producing the television series, 4Kids will also serve as the exclusive merchandise licensing agent for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles property worldwide.

"We are delighted to be working with Peter Laird, the co-creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, to introduce the Ninja Turtles to a new generation of fans," said Al Kahn, Chairman and CEO of 4Kids Entertainment. "The Ninja Turtles property enjoys worldwide popularity and we expect the new Ninja Turtles series to be must see TV for kids around the globe. There has always been tremendous interest in the Turtles and we expect that the master toy licensee, Playmates Toys, Inc., will quickly be joined by other leading children's merchandise companies around the globe in supporting the re-launch of the Ninja Turtles."

"We are thrilled to partner with 4Kids to produce a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series," said Gary Richardson, CEO of Mirage. "4Kids has established itself as a leading producer of quality children's entertainment with such shows as Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! at the top of the children's television ratings. 4Kids also enjoys a stellar reputation as a leading merchandise licensing agent."

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were created in May 1984 when Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman published a forty page black and white comic book. The original Ninja Turtles animated series debuted in 1987. It was the #1 children's television show throughout the late 1980's and early `90's. Ninja Turtles merchandise licensees, including master toy licensee Playmates Toys and videogame licensee Konami were also enormously successful, selling in excess of $1 billion in sales at retail for toys, videogames and other merchandise within all product categories.

"In reintroducing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I am pleased to say that 4Kids will be going back to the Turtles' comic book roots," said Peter Laird, co-creator of the Turtles. "We anticipate that the new Ninja Turtles series will contain the same irreverent contemporary humor and compelling action sequences that the Turtles are famous for, updated for the 21st century."

About 4Kids Entertainment:

Headquartered in New York City with international offices in London, 4Kids Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: KDE - news) is a global provider of children's entertainment and merchandise licensing. 4Kids, through its wholly owned subsidiaries, provides domestic and international merchandise licensing and product development, television, film, music and home video production and distribution, media buying and planning and website development. For further information, please visit the company's Web site at www.4kidsEntertainment.com .

About Mirage Licensing:

Mirage Licensing, Inc. is the licensing arm of a group of companies - Mirage Studios, Inc., Mirage Management, Inc., Mirage Publishing, Inc. - located in Northampton, Massachusetts that for 18 years has administered, nurtured and protected the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles property, one of the most successful and respected worldwide children's entertainment and merchandise properties of all time.

So that's the scoop! The Turtles are back in business in Tinsel Town! Cowabunga! =O)

This news has already drawn alotta questions, and here's some answers:

The show will be traditional, 2D cel animation (like the original toon was). There is a chance that some 3D models may be used for backgrounds and vehicles, in a process that's being dubbed "2.5D" in Hollywood (check out "Futurama" to see how this works, as they use "2.5D" on that show).

The lead director for the new Turtles series will be Ilya Skorupsky. The head writer is Lloyd Goldfine (I'll be attempting to get an interview with Lloyd if his hectic schedule will permit it). The current "catch phrase" for the TMNT story bible is "SBKNA" - which stands for "Serious Butt-Kicking Ninja Action," so we're confident that Lloyd knows his Turtles. Our goal is for the show to appeal to both adult fans and the new generation of children. Peter Laird has been very pleased with his conversations with everyone from 4Kids - so we're off to an incredibly positive relationship!

There will be new action figures. Playmates is already working with 4Kids to produce a new line of toys that should be released around the same as the new cartoon debuts.

Yes, there will be new video games. 4Kids has tremendous clout and connections within the gaming industry, so we fully anticipate that some new games will go into development over the next few months. Nothing has been signed yet - but we'll announce who's doing what on what platform as soon as we know.

This is very good news for the CGI TMNT movie. Hopefully it will kick into high gear soon. More news on that in the coming months!

That's the scoop from Hollywood! Things are looking great for the TMNT in 2003!"

4Kids is involved, EEP! .....I can't help but think of Saban, also known for just bring stuff from Japan over and locating it rather then making original matterial who made that awful "the Next Mutation", when I hear that...

but I miss my childhood so I'll pretend like this won't end up the same and we're going to get some brilliantly well made entertaining show..

Shin ATproof
629th Post

"I'm gonna be rich!!!" , posted Sun 9 Jun 20:39post reply

I have literally a gold mine in old TMNT stuff! I have toys NRFB and RFB! I can even take some of the broken ones to get fixed! YAY! If TMNT gets popular again I'm gonna be freak'n rich selling collectors stuff TMNT related! COWABUNGA!

I am SOOOOOOOO watching the new TV series and I wait to hear more news about the John Woo movie.

I hope Konami makes more TMNT games...4 player mayhem once again!

TheBeast
467th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" , posted Sun 9 Jun 21:48post reply

quote:
The only console TMNT game worth playing is the original NES one. THAT WAS THE BEST TMNT game ever. It involved basic side scrolling action with a weak map/strategy aspect. Very hard but certainly one of the best NES games ever.

This game had it all. You fought Bebop and Rocksteady. The robotic turtle. A giant mouser. THE TECHNODROME. Yes, you had to batle a whack out of scale technodrone. And Shredder. There was a ton of sweet cut scenes. Konami went ALL OUT on this game and then got real lazy in their future games- which were basically weak arcade rehashes. But anyway, this game was ahead of its time.

Most other companies made simple games with simple graphics and simple gameplay. They reused a lot of animation and graphics to cut corners. But Konami went nuts here. I've never seen the map/sidescroller idea used again. Plus you had 4 turtles at all times. And if one of them died, you had a chance to rescue him in each stage. Did I mention this game is awesome (for an early NES game!)

Oh and each turtle had advantages and disadvantages with their weapons. Ralph and Mike had an easy time killing quick, small enemies like Mousers. Donatello had the strongest and longest weapon, but it was a bit slow and hard to aim. Leonardo was really good, but weaker then Don and slower then Mike and Ralph. Ralph was the quickest but weakest and had the shortest range. You'd usually use Don to fight bosses. Ralph and Mike were good for clearing areas. And Leo was great when you had to jump across the screen and slash things.

And April and Splinter would always give you dumb advice and tell you that you were doing a good job! Only thing missing is Casey Jones and Baxter Stockman. And Krang, but he's in there as a minor enemy.

I love this game so much. I think I will look for it on the net and play it again.

What constantly surprises me is that a lot of NES games were so hard to beat and the NES was made for little kids. Even some games are tough to beat as adults. What the hell were those developers thinking!

Luis.

Hey Luis - I totally agree with you that the original NES game is so cool and oozing with orginality during its time of release. I have been trying to look for it on the Internet but to no avail. If you know where I can grab a copy of the game, please inform me would ya? Thanks...

Email me at: guoer@iamwaiting.com

mbisonhatclub
4th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):I'm gonna be rich!!!" , posted Tue 11 Jun 13:56post reply

quote:
I have literally a gold mine in old TMNT stuff! I have toys NRFB and RFB! I can even take some of the broken ones to get fixed! YAY! If TMNT gets popular again I'm gonna be freak'n rich selling collectors stuff TMNT related! COWABUNGA!

I am SOOOOOOOO watching the new TV series and I wait to hear more news about the John Woo movie.

I hope Konami makes more TMNT games...4 player mayhem once again!

Sorry to inform you that Konami is no longer eligible to renew their long-since-expired TMNT license deal--at least, this is what a Konami representative told me. I believe the licensing has been handed over back to Playmates.

TMNT is great. However, I wish there were characters with M.Bison hats.

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

bootation
78th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):I'm gonna be rich!!!" , posted Wed 12 Jun 10:07post reply

The Turtles audience has grown up. I want to see blood i want to see swearing i want to see sex and violence. i want to hear corey feldman. The movie better be good. I want to see quality animation like the comic.

ALso fox kids can suck my ass. They put out nothing but shite. WHereS the RIPPING FRIENDS?

To live is to fight...To fight is to live

Ryu Marvel Vs. Street Fighter

Dr Baghead
1114th Post

"Re(3):I'm gonna be rich!!!" , posted Wed 12 Jun 12:10post reply

quote:
The Turtles audience has grown up. I want to see blood i want to see swearing i want to see sex and violence. i want to hear corey feldman. The movie better be good. I want to see quality animation like the comic.

I would rather see a show in the middle ground between the first movie/the comics and the second movie/the old cartoons.

I mean I'm all for the Turtles having darker adventures and maybe getting to kill something other then robots, but I'd miss having them say silly catchpharse and eat nasty sounding pizzas...

also I hope they use more movie-alike voices for the Turtles (I like New York accent Rapheal more then Might Max Rapheal)