[an error occurred while processing this directive] JS Campbell's Thundercats cover - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

rid_hershel
2687th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"JS Campbell's Thundercats cover" , posted Wed 22 May 05:59post reply

Too bad that he won't be the interior artist...

Replies:

Fro Boy11
371th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):JS Campbell's Thundercats cover" , posted Wed 22 May 11:20post reply

quote:

This is one of the reasons why I stopped buying comics. The cover art is way better than the interior art. I can't stand that crap!!

For me to buy a comic it has to have a good story accompanied by good art to tell the story. That's why Superman is good right now. Superman finally has good art and good stories again. Jim Lee is gonna do Batman later on. Fantastic Four had good art and stories and they became popular again. X-Men doesn't have that great art it had since Madureira left. The closest they got was Ian Churchill then he left Uncanny too.

That Marvel Mangaverse stuff is cool though. I might pick up the novel when I can get enough money that I know I can spend on stuff like that.

Dr Baghead
934th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):JS Campbell's Thundercats cover" , posted Wed 22 May 11:40post reply

quote:

(fall to the ground weeping) I'm not a fan of J. Scott Campbell, but that cover is beautiful!

Within it's simple layout is a metaphor for man's internal struggle, Thundercats representing out youth, what we were and our hopes and dreams of the time, our innocence, those simple care free days we long since lost... while Campbell's revision of them represents the future. What we've strived to become, trying to make a name for our selves, to find our true soul, our destiny.

This is not so much a cover drawing, as a God!

Fro Boy11
376th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):JS Campbell's Thundercats cover" , posted Wed 22 May 11:42post reply

quote:

(fall to the ground weeping) I'm not a fan of J. Scott Campbell, but that cover is beautiful!

Within it's simple layout is a metaphor for man's internal struggle, Thundercats representing out youth, what we were and our hopes and dreams of the time, our innocence, those simple care free days we long since lost... while Campbell's revision of them represents the future. What we've strived to become, trying to make a name for our selves, to find our true soul, our destiny.

This is not so much a cover drawing, as a God!

Damn, It's like that!!

Omar
36th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):JS Campbell's Thundercats cover" , posted Wed 22 May 12:54post reply

quote:

"Thundercats #0 will feature a 12-page story co-written by J. Scott Campbell and Ford Lytle (Nightfall: The Black Chronicles) Gilmore. The story will also be illustrated by Campbell, who will provide the cover to the issue as well"

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=13&t=001101

P.D.: Me vengaré aunque sea lo ultimo que haga. ˇLo último que haga!

Burning Ranger
190th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):JS Campbell's Thundercats cover" , posted Wed 22 May 13:39post reply

quote:
That Marvel Mangaverse stuff is cool though. I might pick up the novel when I can get enough money that I know I can spend on stuff like that.

The Mangaverse is a pretty good miniseries. I love the beginning and end issues (both done by Ben Dunn of Ninja High School game! I met him and he autographed my copy of the Mangaverse #1 issue!). There is also a continuing series as well.

Ed aka Burning Ranger
- "If you can't beat them arrange to have them beaten." -George Carlin

Dr Baghead
946th Post

"Re(3):JS Campbell's Thundercats cover" , posted Wed 22 May 13:42post reply

quote:
There is also a continuing series as well.

Dear God no...

Burning Ranger
192th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):JS Campbell's Thundercats cover" , posted Wed 22 May 14:08post reply

quote:

Dear God no...

Why do you hate Mangaverse? I myself loved it. Its good to see something envisioned in an entirely different way. I LOVED the idea of Antoinette Stark as Irongirl. And the new Fantastic Four (which is my fave Marvel group BTW) is cool, though the continuity is bad (between Ben Dunn's and the other Mangaverse version). The separate Mangaverse version is pretty cool (they curse! WHOA!).

Ed aka Burning Ranger
- "If you can't beat them arrange to have them beaten." -George Carlin

Fro Boy11
388th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):JS Campbell's Thundercats cover" , posted Wed 22 May 14:19post reply

quote:

Dear God no...

Why do you hate Mangaverse? I myself loved it. Its good to see something envisioned in an entirely different way. I LOVED the idea of Antoinette Stark as Irongirl. And the new Fantastic Four (which is my fave Marvel group BTW) is cool, though the continuity is bad (between Ben Dunn's and the other Mangaverse version). The separate Mangaverse version is pretty cool (they curse! WHOA!).

I also loved the Fantastic Four mangaverse. That and the Avengers was pretty cool, in a Voltron like way. I was weird seeing Reed Richard young like that.

Dr Baghead
951th Post

"Re(5):JS Campbell's Thundercats cover" , posted Wed 22 May 15:51post reply

quote:

you like it because they curse? uh huh... you I want to draw comics for a living and I used to write comics FILLED with cussing, my favorite line from one of them was "shut the f*ck up you stupid f*cking rat!" (said to Pikachu in a parody comic) then I realized cussing doesn't make a comic better, it makes me look retarded.

why I hate Mangaverse:
-it's insulting: I'd like to think if real Japanese artist had made these characters they wouldn't have been crammed into sterotypes prexisiting by Americans of Japan (such as ninjas and tickle tourture teachers)there's more to manga then almost naked girls and using random Japanese words. ("I such a BAKA to have not gotten the OMAKE question on my test right, forgive me SENSAI! AYYYYYI! Don't look up my ridiculously short skirt you HENTAI!"... cool! I'm writing for manga characters now!)
-I still laugh that Venom is a "Samaurai/ninja" that's like having a delicious "Chocolate/Vomit" sandwhich.
-I think "Toni Stark" would have been a better name for Samus Ara...opps, Iron Girl then Antoniette Stark. But that's just me (I actually have nothing againist making male heros female... hopefully DC will let me write comics about a female GL someday ^_^')
-Adam Warren only WROTE a comic (the Fantastic Four one... which I'd like to read) he did not draw one.
-Personally I hate Antarctic Press and everything connected to it, but meh, that's just me.

I actually semi-enjoyed the Spiderman one... I just didn't see how it was "manga" so much as a "retelling" as if Spiderman was a ninja instead of a photographer... it reminds me of the terrific Elseworld "Shogun of Steel" only not as good, which if you enjoy Japanesey versions of American heros is a MUST read book.

so feel free to keep enjoying mangaverse. I sure ain't going to stop ya... I just ain't going to shower the book with praise.

Holiday
1154th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):JS Campbell's Thundercats cover" , posted Wed 22 May 16:28post reply

quote:

Hey, that's really nice!
Brings back memories, doesn't it?

And I think that most of us here are children of the 80's.
ThunderX3cats Hoooo ^_^