[an error occurred while processing this directive] New Sakura Taisen for US/Euro markets? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Holiday
1145th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"New Sakura Taisen for US/Euro markets?" , posted Sun 19 May 12:56post reply

I really hope that The Magic Box's report
about Sega is true: a new Sakura Taisen
series for US/European markets is under
development?

If it's true I'll be one very happy gamer ^_^

Magic Box

Replies:

whitesword
737th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):New Sakura Taisen for US/Euro markets?" , posted Sun 19 May 14:40post reply

quote:
development?

Magic Box

Pfft, who cares about Sakura Taisen when there's going to be a new Shining Force!? I mean, the main character isn't even a "knight" or a "warrior" in Shining Force, it's always a "SWORDsman"! Woohoo!

Holiday
1146th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):New Sakura Taisen for US/Euro markets?" , posted Sun 19 May 14:56post reply

quote:

Pfft, who cares about Sakura Taisen when there's going to be a new Shining Force!? I mean, the main character isn't even a "knight" or a "warrior" in Shining Force, it's always a "SWORDsman"! Woohoo!

Ahem, Sakura owns the Reiken Arataka (Wild
Hawk) demon slaying sword, and Sumire is
pretty handy with her Naginata, so they're
swordswomen ^_^

And BTW, when's the new Shining Force game
coming out? Must get that too!

Satoshi Miwa
1046th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):New Sakura Taisen for US/Euro markets?" , posted Sun 19 May 15:52post reply

It appear likely, as Sega seems to want to get into the manga and anime market (And plans to use Sakura Taisen anime as an entry point). Releasing a new game would help that cause...

Rid Hershel
2671th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):New Sakura Taisen for US/Euro markets?" , posted Sun 19 May 16:11post reply

I'm happy.

Jazzie D
1050th Post

"Ano..." , posted Sun 19 May 17:58post reply

quote:
development?

Magic Box

Yeah, I mentioned this earlier.

I'm guessing it's a rumor. The plan will get canned. Remember the Justice Gakuen games? If the board games were taken out, then I can't picture Sakura Taisen doing well in America or elsewhere.

Satoshi Miwa
1050th Post

"Re(1):Ano..." , posted Sun 19 May 18:04post reply

quote:

I'm guessing it's a rumor. The plan will get canned. Remember the Justice Gakuen games? If the board games were taken out, then I can't picture Sakura Taisen doing well in America or elsewhere.

Well, people used to say that about RPG's too, and look at how well they sell now. It's not hard to see that the game could sell decently if enough effort was put into marketing it. Sakura Taisen has the most mainstream appeal of the genre, and could be a real genre breaking game. So I'd take a shot on it, at least once (It'd have to be a PS2 game, though).

And as for the Justice Gakuen mini-games, those weren't removed because Capcom thought the games wouldn't sell, they were taken out cause Capcom USA are lazy (and thought they could take them out...)

Jazzie D
1051th Post

"Re(2):Ano..." , posted Sun 19 May 18:07post reply

quote:

Well, people used to say that about RPG's too, and look at how well they sell now. It's not hard to see that the game could sell decently if enough effort was put into marketing it. Sakura Taisen has the most mainstream appeal of the genre, and could be a real genre breaking game. So I'd take a shot on it, at least once (It'd have to be a PS2 game, though).

And as for the Justice Gakuen mini-games, those weren't removed because Capcom thought the games wouldn't sell, they were taken out cause Capcom USA are lazy (and thought they could take them out...)

Eh. True.

Still, I say the plan is treading on water.