[an error occurred while processing this directive] Anyone RO players? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

NeoRyu
599th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"Anyone RO players?" , posted Sun 19 May 09:41post reply

Who here plays Ragnarok Online?

Replies:

Shin ATproof
424th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Anyone RO players?" , posted Sun 19 May 11:34post reply

quote:

nah....what is it?

Jazzie D
1048th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Anyone RO players?" , posted Sun 19 May 11:41post reply

quote:

nah....what is it?

A Korean massive multi-player online RPG.

iggy
161th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Anyone RO players?" , posted Mon 20 May 03:27post reply

quote:

I played it a little, but....
I don't like MMORPG much, and this one in really boring. I had a hard time to raise my Jolyne to level 10, and even after it still was slow as hell to level up fighting poring and bees because the almighty bats (and most of the other monsters) killed me in one hit...
It is extremly unballanced IMO, or maybe I just don't like these kind of games. man, Diablo 2 has more freedom and dephth in it, and, well, Diablo 2.
(and there is a new patch going on in July, I can't wait!)

Professor
1561th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Anyone RO players?" , posted Mon 20 May 03:50post reply

quote:

I'm hoping to be able to play it in 2 months. If anyone's around at the time to help me out get used to things in there, I'll appreciate it. Thanks. >:D

I stained my hand with your butt!

Suichi
39th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):Anyone RO players?" , posted Mon 20 May 04:55post reply

I've been playing for a while now. It's cute and fun, but lag and rude looters and semi-PKers were a problem so I stopped back in March. I got a nice set of cat ears though. :)

It's a good game, they just need to iron out the bugs in it and get a faster, more supportive American server.

<20/16 Archer>

Awesome tag Prof. Do you have any idea who the girl with bloody hands is? I always get a freaky translation of the series, like: "The song of the eighth month night"

--Suichi

NeoRyu
601th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Anyone RO players?" , posted Mon 20 May 09:03post reply

quote:

I'm hoping to be able to play it in 2 months. If anyone's around at the time to help me out get used to things in there, I'll appreciate it. Thanks. >:D

I will help you out in RO, once you start playing it.

Juan
1932th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):Anyone RO players?" , posted Mon 20 May 09:10post reply

i just sarted playing myself not long ago, what level do you need to be to change classes? can you change classes constantly or are you forced to stick with only one?

quote:

I will help you out in RO, once you start playing it.

Professor
1562th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):Anyone RO players?" , posted Mon 20 May 11:57post reply

quote:
i just sarted playing myself not long ago, what level do you need to be to change classes? can you change classes constantly or are you forced to stick with only one?

I think it's Novice/Skill LV 9.

I stained my hand with your butt!

NeoRyu
602th Post

"Re(5):Anyone RO players?" , posted Mon 20 May 11:59post reply

I am not sure. Btw who plays in choas?

Juan
1936th Post

"Re(6):Anyone RO players?" , posted Mon 20 May 13:53:post reply

Me, under the handle "Pocion," should be a red haired runt.

quote:

[this message was edited by Juan on Mon 20 May 13:57]

NeoRyu
604th Post

"Juan?" , posted Mon 20 May 16:42post reply

quote:
Me, under the handle "Pocion," should be a red haired runt.

I am IceRyu the sliver haired swordsman, right now im in Geffen, my level is 17/13. Where are you right now, whats your level, and when do you play it?

Suichi
41th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):Anyone RO players?" , posted Mon 20 May 17:44post reply

quote:

Unless it's changed a whole lot since I've played, you need to be at least level 9 novice before you can change classes. Once you pick a class to be, you're stuck with that class. It will change later, but as of right now, once you pick, that's it. You will need to quest to a particular spot in order to become a certain job class. So read up on it online, and try to make your way over to the proper city you need to be at, while you're still a novice.

Furthermore, once you achieve a higher job level in that class, you can be a subclass. Like the Thief can become a Ninja or the Swordsman can become a Samurai. This is still in planning stages AFAIK, but will be in the final release.

Since Job level EXP is seperate from total level EXP, you can vary how much each level is at. It's possible to be a 10/3 Swordsman or a 15/1 Wizard depending upon what monsters you take on. To up you job level faster, fight many smaller monsters, to up your stat level fasters, fight fewer, stronger monsters.

--Suichi

Juan
1939th Post

"Re(6):Anyone RO players?" , posted Mon 20 May 22:01post reply

Thanks for the info Suichi, i think i will stick with the swordsman (i love meele fighting.) At this point i started at some sort of desert town, i tried to go to another town but i normally get killed by one of those jolly wolves :)

i will keep trying.

AND DAMN THEM BLOODY BASTARD LOOTERS!!! i love when they stand right over the egg im trying to destroy.

quote:

Unless it's changed a whole lot since I've played, you need to be at least level 9 novice before you can change classes. Once you pick a class to be, you're stuck with that class. It will change later, but as of right now, once you pick, that's it. You will need to quest to a particular spot in order to become a certain job class. So read up on it online, and try to make your way over to the proper city you need to be at, while you're still a novice.

Furthermore, once you achieve a higher job level in that class, you can be a subclass. Like the Thief can become a Ninja or the Swordsman can become a Samurai. This is still in planning stages AFAIK, but will be in the final release.

Since Job level EXP is seperate from total level EXP, you can vary how much each level is at. It's possible to be a 10/3 Swordsman or a 15/1 Wizard depending upon what monsters you take on. To up you job level faster, fight many smaller monsters, to up your stat level fasters, fight fewer, stronger monsters.

--Suichi

Suichi
42th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(7):Anyone RO players?" , posted Tue 21 May 09:50post reply

quote:
AND DAMN THEM BLOODY BASTARD LOOTERS!!! i love when they stand right over the egg im trying to destroy.

<Nods> Looters are part of the reason I stopped playing. I had heard that Gravity had introduced a few looting patches already that made it harder for looters to loot, but apparently it's not too successful. Supposedly, if you deal the most damage to the monster, you and only you are allowed to pick up the items they drop for 3 seconds. Then after that, the others can pick up items as well. So you go for the best item first, and then looters get all the crap. Of course, I haven't been playing for quite a while now, and I've never seen the patch in action.

--Suichi