[an error occurred while processing this directive] Odd SNK story question. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Ferrio
27th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Rare Customer

"Odd SNK story question." , posted Sat 18 May 02:57post reply

Has there ever been a gay SNK character?

Replies:

Nifty Lifty
47th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sat 18 May 03:01post reply

Yes, in Samurai Shodown RPG. I don't know his name, but I'm someone here does

Y'know what I mean?

Holiday
1135th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sat 18 May 03:54post reply

Some site mentions that:

Galford - Samurai Shodown series: He
wears an outfit with mesh sleeves that show
off his biceps, has a pet dog, and likes to
hang out on the docks of San Francisco. You
do the math.

Other than that I cannot recall any official
data which mentions any homosexual SNK
character, eventhough people are sure to
mention Benimaru and IoriXKyo and K'XMaxima :)

iggy
156th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sat 18 May 04:28:post reply

quote:

Galford hangs out with Nakoruru, Beni is ultimate straight, Kyo has Yuki, Iori, well, you can't team with Mature and Vice and be gay...
King and Ryo were... strange in Ryuko, but since KOF 99, everybody assume they are together (everybody, except them). Maybe it's a cover...? However, in KOF Kyo, Takuma was completely mad about Yuri beeing friend with King, and Yuri didn't understand why.
I think Yashiro has something about Chris (the perfect girl would be Chris if he was a girl).
Only K' is pretty obvious with Maxima, no wonder many sites call him "Gay dash"
I don't know about Terry (though he has very CLOSE relation to Rock) but Rock is gay, that's sure. proof

And ANDY !!!! of course!!!
How can you refuse to marry Mai like that!!

I think the question is much more easy for Capcom characters...

[this message was edited by iggy on Sat 18 May 04:34]

Gojira
392th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sat 18 May 04:58post reply

I dunno. There were instances, but nothing plain as day.

Kyo did once try to proposition Benimaru for some reason, so Beni got pissed and that's when Kyo discovered for himself that Beni was straight. I remember reading about it a loooong time ago from a CD drama trascript (like around KoF96). Not sure why he did that though; he might have just been teasing.

Schizo_Wolf
7th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sat 18 May 07:27post reply

quote:
Yes, in Samurai Shodown RPG. I don't know his name, but I'm someone here does

In Samurai Showdown Warriors Rage there is this one odd couple.
This guy named Izanagi Yaci is in love with Namino, but the only problem is that Namino really is a guy.
Namino has always confused people because he is a crossdresser.
In Izanagi's ending, Namino gets shot and says something about "Finally being a woman in his next life" or something.
You might find something about it on that fine SS page: Samurai Spirits
Yes... There are gay people in videogames...

Why wait 'till the Full Moon?
I want to howl now!

the REAL master
9th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sat 18 May 10:19post reply

I swear to god vega(balrog) is gay, i always thought beni was too, and i think yashiro is, being teamed up with shermi and not wanting to bang her i think something was wrong

Capcom is a glorious and respectable company and rolento is the greatest charachter ever created also van damn played guile to a tee :)
*please dont kill me*

TiamatRoar
95th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sat 18 May 10:36post reply

quote:
I swear to god vega(balrog) is gay, i always thought beni was too, and i think yashiro is, being teamed up with shermi and not wanting to bang her i think something was wrong

Hard to tell with Vega/Balrog. The guy just likes everything that's beautiful, be it a man or a woman (just check out all the characters he throws roses to in Capcom vs SNK 2 :P Beauty doesn't differentiate among gender)

Nifty Lifty
50th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sat 18 May 11:51post reply

He's probably bi-sexual. Lucky git, he's got the best of both worlds.

Y'know what I mean?

Dr Baghead
917th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sat 18 May 13:15post reply

quote:
you can't team with Mature and Vice and be gay...

there's a paradox in the statement...

talbaineric
3298th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sat 18 May 13:33:post reply

I don't care about any of these issues,it's just too freaky,but here's my two cents.

I'd say Bao since I hate him. But he's just a kid. So I'll skip him.

Hmmmmmmmmm.........I don't know who,but I'm guessing Chris,Yashiro and K' might be. They do look pretty gay.

Interesting thing on Galford. I never noticed that reason before. But,he hangs out with Nakoruru. So.........but the mesh thing is pretty freaky........

Those Chinese brothers from FF:Real Bout are probably gay,too.....I'm guessing......they had this one quote that I think I found on some FAQ site that sounded pretty gay........

Poor Geese! He must've been rolling around in his grave knowing that his only son is a fruitcake!!!!!!

[this message was edited by talbaineric on Sat 18 May 13:36]

Juke Joint Jezebel
372th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sat 18 May 14:31post reply

quote:
Those Chinese brothers from FF:Real Bout are probably gay,too.....I'm guessing......they had this one quote that I think I found on some FAQ site that sounded pretty gay........

hahahaha was gonna mention them. something not right about those ancient spirits

when i first played kof, i thought Benimaru was gay ... then i realized the stuff he wears is just his style. i'm pretty sure it was common in the 80s. see Testament in Guilty Gear X and Remy in Street Fighter III: Third Strike. i'm pretty certain none of them are gay. Testament's got that hotass raven and is obsessed with Dizzy. as for Remy, uhhh, i don't wanna spoil it but his ending suggests that he isn't gay. they're just sexy bastards and you know it!!

Shingo might be gay..... nahhh nevermind. he's just obsessed with Kyo. poor guy, he needs another role model. Kyo's kinda a prick. at least Shishiro (ehh? i forgot his name. Kyo's dad) took him in

hmm, gay ... who's gay .... hmmm

by reading some of the comic (well, i dunno how official this is, but..) i'd have to say that Iori's so god damn gay. teamed up with the two sexiest chicks in any god damn video game and all he could think of the whole time was "KYO!!!!" they even made moves on him and he brushed them off. that stupid bastard

other than the manga (i think it was the manga. i dunno. i may be wrong), in the kofs, Iori didn't seem too interested in Mature and Vice .. was just obsessed with fighting Kyo. probably just an excuse so he could cop a feel during the fight, hehehe

TiamatRoar
96th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sat 18 May 16:36post reply

On a random side note, I've just realized recently that Iori's pre-battle dialogue with Goenitz really doesn't necessarily mean he slept with Mature and Vice at all.

Dr Baghead
918th Post

"Re(4):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sat 18 May 17:00post reply

quotelaugh: Poor Geese! He must've been rolling around in his grave knowing that his only son is a fruitcake!!!!!!

Considering it's unknown who Terry and Andy's real father is, and Geese and Andy look WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much a like you should repharse that too:

"Poor Geese! He must've been rolling around in his grave knowing that his only confirmed son is a fruitcake! and another one of his sons is probably one as well since he's afraid of Mai Shiranui"

Gen
296th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sat 18 May 17:16post reply

quote:

None of them are homosexuals. Many are gay which means happy.

Toxico
1891th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sat 18 May 18:10post reply

Amakuza is possesed by a woman & Mizuki is possesed by a man... though they have the actitude, they are not gay...

On Neo Geo:

Ranmaru: Sub boss of Ninja Master... She is a man.

Orochimaru: Kabuki Clash, he is not openly gay, but he enjoys to play the rol of woman's on kabuki plays.

Olivier Hagué
21th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sat 18 May 20:01:post reply

quote:
Amakuza is possesed by a woman & Mizuki is possesed by a man... though they have the actitude, they are not gay...

Er... No. ^^;
Amakusa Shirô Tokisada possessed Hattori Shinzô, and they were both men.
Mizuki possessed Bizuki, and they were both women.

[this message was edited by Olivier Hagué on Sat 18 May 20:02]

iggy
156th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sun 19 May 04:21post reply

quote:
Hard to tell with Vega/Balrog. The guy just likes everything that's beautiful, be it a man or a woman

I thought he only loved him and no one else, wich made him "un-sexual"...
Eagle and Zangief are Gay.
In SSF2X, Zangief has a picture of Balrog in front of his mirror (or it may means he wants to ressemble Balrog, wich is not clear either)
Eagle has.... strange sentences when he beats Yun or when he teams with Kyosuke.
And in Seishun Nikki, there where funny scenes with Kyosuke beeing absorbed in himself (like Balrog)... nothing more, but... (he is the star of the scandalous "Yaoi Megane Webring")

Gojira
394th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sun 19 May 05:49post reply

quote:

Well if you wanna bring up Capcom characters, Eagle is very gay. Especially in the Jap version...

Taa kun
64th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sun 19 May 06:02post reply

quote:
In SSF2X, Zangief has a picture of Balrog in front of his mirror (or it may means he wants to ressemble Balrog, wich is not clear either)

And don't forget Zangief's ending in MvC : now Zangief is happilly rampaging in a succubus body!!!

Tsukurimashou... Tsukurimashou...
Sate sate nani ga dekiru ka na ?

Toxico
1894th Post

"Re(6):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sun 19 May 13:36post reply

quote:

In fact I recall that the picture said "baka" aka "stupid"...

And on the SS issue; though the real Amakuza is a man, in SS Amakuza is a female (it does not matter what yumekobo said on SSRGP); and Rashoujin Mizuki is a devil (male), the king of evil; that possessed a shinto priest (Bizuki, female) when she tried to exsorcise him.

Olivier Hagué
21th Post

New Customer

"Re(7):Odd SNK story question." , posted Sun 19 May 20:35post reply

quote:
And on the SS issue; though the real Amakuza is a man, in SS Amakuza is a female

No, he's a man, even in Samurai Spirits. ^^;
quote:
and Rashoujin Mizuki is a devil (male),

Why, because you need to be a man to become a demon? ^_^;

I'd like to know where you heard/read that Amakusa was a woman and Mizuki a man, really. ^^;

Toxico
1903th Post

"Re(8):Odd SNK story question." , posted Mon 20 May 00:58post reply

I'd like to know where you heard/read that Amakusa was a woman and Mizuki a man, really. ^^;

It was in some old storyline explanation on the net; though it was confirmed by the spoony SS Motion Picture.

iggy
158th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):Odd SNK story question." , posted Mon 20 May 03:00post reply

quote:
It was in some old storyline explanation on the net; though it was confirmed by the spoony SS Motion Picture.

The OVA are not from SNK, they only gave the licence, whereas Yumekobo is part of SNK...
And in A.A.SNK Taisen Kakutô game1991-2000, my bible on the subject, they Say Rashôjin Mizuki is a girl, and possess Bizuki.
And Amakusashirô Tokisada is a man, and possess Shinzô, Hanzô's elder son.

TiamatRoar
97th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Odd SNK story question." , posted Mon 20 May 10:56post reply

quote:
Hard to tell with Vega/Balrog. The guy just likes everything that's beautiful, be it a man or a woman

I thought he only loved him and no one else, wich made him "un-sexual"...
Eagle has.... strange sentences when he beats Yun or when he teams with Kyosuke.
And in Seishun Nikki, there where funny scenes with Kyosuke beeing absorbed in himself (like Balrog)... nothing more, but... (he is the star of the scandalous "Yaoi Megane Webring")

Although it's sometimes hard for people to realize (it was hard for me to realize for a while, even) Balrog/Vega likes everything that's beautiful, not just himself. This is why he throws roses at 'beautiful' characters in Capcom vs SNK 2 (All females, Benimaru, Kyosuke), and also why he decides to save Cammy in SFA3 (he talks a lot of how all he wants is a beautiful rival). And also why he'd prefer that Rose not suicidally walk into her death, etc etc. If it's beautiful, he likes it. Of course, I still imagine that he considers himself to be above every other beautiful thing because he considers himself to be the most beautiful, but eh... ^_~

Zangief is officially stated to be gay by Capcom, and you can see the hints strewn around a lot if you look hard enough :P, but the picture of Vega in that ending isn't one of those hints. ^^ Yea, the picture has "Baka" on it which means stupid which means it's basically Zangief making fun of Vega. Zangief... doesn't like Vega very much (see Vega's SFA3 mid-boss battle with him, I guess)

Eagle has strange sentences with more than half the cast of CvS2, LOL!!! XD But yea, Eagle is almost positively gay in that game (dunno if that's meant to be canon or Capcom just goofing off because they don't plan on doing anything else with Eagle in an actual storyline canon game). In CvS2, Eagle is a tribute to Freddie Mercury of Queen (his win quote, "The show must go on!" as well as several of his poses are heavy indicators of this). Freddie Mercury is gay, so odds are Eagle is gay, too.

Iron D
1746th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"WHAT!?!" , posted Mon 20 May 13:09post reply

quote:
Zangief is officially stated to be gay by Capcom, and you can see the hints strewn around a lot if you look hard enough

I find this hard to believe! What hints? I need examples! I need PROOF!!!

Olivier Hagué
22th Post

New Customer

"Re(9):Odd SNK story question." , posted Mon 20 May 14:50post reply

quote:
It was in some old storyline explanation on the net;

... So? ^^;
quote:
though it was confirmed by the spoony SS Motion Picture.

No, it wasn't. Maybe you saw a badly translated version (it's a TV movie, by the way).

TiamatRoar
98th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):WHAT!?!" , posted Mon 20 May 18:12post reply

quote:
Zangief is officially stated to be gay by Capcom, and you can see the hints strewn around a lot if you look hard enough

I find this hard to believe! What hints? I need examples! I need PROOF!!!

Important Note: I'm not sure exactly how many of these were intended by Capcom as hints about Zangief's sexuality, but they're there.

Implications

From SF2: "You dance very well, Mr. President."

Happily prancing around in a succubus body in Morrigan's ending in Marvel vs Capcom (or... where ever it was)

From CvS2: "My body is perfect! I belong in a magazine!" (On a random note, Zangief is on Vega's ugly list. He's one of the characters in CvS2 that Vega shakes his head in disgust at :P)

The speedo.

His SF2 stage is in a steel construction yard. To quote Moe from the Simpsons, "All Steel Construction Workers are gay."

He has a special introduction with Eagle in CvS2, who's gay.

You can tell that Capcom does NOT want to endorse nor imply a Zangief R. Mika love relationship because R. Mika says to Zangief in SFA3, "I'll have to tell my children about you, someday!" which shows that neither of the two care for a love relationship with the other.

Official proof

Zangief's official bio

Birthday: 1956 June 1
Height: 214cm
Weight: 121kg
BWH sizes: B172, W133, H154
Blood type: A
Birthplace: Russia
Special Skill: Drinking Vodka, enduring the cold
Dislikes: projectiles, young beautiful women
Fighting Style: Wrestling

Note a certain dislike ^_~

And finally, I'm pretty sure any Japanese official story source that gets its information directly from Capcom (All About Capcom, All About Street Fighter whatever, Official Street Fighter Guidebook) goes and flat out states it in Zangief's bio. But... eh, that's only useful to someone who knows Japanese and has access to those sources :P

Iron D
1749th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):WHAT!?!" , posted Tue 21 May 00:39:post reply

Hmm...let's see:

quote:
Implications

From SF2: "You dance very well, Mr. President.""

Well, I think he was cossack dancing pretty well, too, and I ain't gay...

quote:

Happily prancing around in a succubus body in Morrigan's ending in Marvel vs Capcom (or... where ever it was)

The VS. series game aren't meant to be taken seriously as a story anyway. I mean, in Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter's Zangief ending, he has a FAMILY! And I'm sure that that's his wife and kids in that ending....

quote:
From CvS2: "My body is perfect! I belong in a magazine!" (On a random note, Zangief is on Vega's ugly list. He's one of the characters in CvS2 that Vega shakes his head in disgust at :P)

Um...there are tons of different magazines ou there that feature male body builders. Men's Health, Bodybuilding, etc....

quote:
The speedo.

Urien and Gill wear even less...they wear THONGS! Not to mention the many male video game characters that wear tight pants *coughbenimarucoughremycoughcough*

quote:
His SF2 stage is in a steel construction yard. To quote Moe from the Simpsons, "All Steel Construction Workers are gay."

As anyone that watches the Simpsons know, Moe isn't exactly a fountain of knowledge. This is the same Moe that locked himself in a bulletproof cubicle to protect himself from Snake, only to leave his cash register wide open for Snake to take all of his money, after which he discovers that the bulletproof cubicle has no air in it...

Besides those look more like power plants to me. That would make more sense, since Russia is often associated with power and power plants (especially after the Russian Nuclear power plant incident that happened in the '80's...I forget the name).

quote:
He has a special introduction with Eagle in CvS2, who's gay.

So does Chang, but no one's calling him gay...

quote:
You can tell that Capcom does NOT want to endorse nor imply a Zangief R. Mika love relationship because R. Mika says to Zangief in SFA3, "I'll have to tell my children about you, someday!" which shows that neither of the two care for a love relationship with the other.

Not all male/female relationships in videogames become love affairs. Guile and Chun-li had interaction with each other, but it seems that there's no relationship potential there either. And according to your next point:

quote:
Official proof

Zangief's official bio

Birthday: 1956 June 1
Height: 214cm
Weight: 121kg
BWH sizes: B172, W133, H154
Blood type: A
Birthplace: Russia
Special Skill: Drinking Vodka, enduring the cold
Dislikes: projectiles, young beautiful women
Fighting Style: Wrestling

Note a certain dislike ^_~

Rainbow Mika=young and beautiful (I certainly think so!^_^) so Zangief wouldn't be attracted to her anyway.

Now, notice how specific the description is. It says "young and beautiful women". Key words: "young" and "beautiful". In Germany, there's a name for a big woman fetish. I'm not sure how it's spelled, but the fetish is called "zaftig". It's a man's love for a big woman. Zangief liking his women big and thick would certainly fit his already pseudo-comedic personality. And, just to add on to that, the woman whom I assume is his wife in his MSHvSF ending is...drum roll please...big and fat.

If Capcom were trying to imply that Zanfief was gay, I think they'd be more likely to say something like

Dislikes:projectiles, women

With the description being as specific as it is, you should be more likely to assume that he just doesn't like what we'd consider to be good looking women, and instead probably prefers them to be big.

quote:
And finally, I'm pretty sure any Japanese official story source that gets its information directly from Capcom (All About Capcom, All About Street Fighter whatever, Official Street Fighter Guidebook) goes and flat out states it in Zangief's bio. But... eh, that's only useful to someone who knows Japanese and has access to those sources :P

If this is indeed true info, wouldn't somebody have confirmed this by now?

I'm not trying to start an argument, and I'm certainly not flaming you (as a matter of fact, you and Ultima are the people whom I regard to be the kings as far as the SF and DS stories are concerned), but I don't find any of these hints to be all that convincing.

[this message was edited by Iron D on Tue 21 May 00:44]

Olivier Hagué
24th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):WHAT!?!" , posted Tue 21 May 02:16:post reply

quote:
I mean, in Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter's Zangief ending, he has a FAMILY! And I'm sure that that's his wife and kids in that ending....

That's his parents, brother and sister. No wife, no kids.

[this message was edited by Olivier Hagué on Tue 21 May 02:18]

kikkoken
47th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):WHAT!?!" , posted Tue 21 May 04:11post reply

Zangief must be gay, since I'm gay and my favourite characters are Zangief from Capcom and Clark from SNK ^-^

Toxico
1909th Post

"What to add????" , posted Tue 21 May 09:11post reply

I don't think Zangief cares about those things... hooking up with a couple (writher male or female... His only true love is the pride of the Mother Russia.

TiamatRoar
100th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):WHAT!?!" , posted Tue 21 May 10:23:post reply

quote:

...I don't count as somebody? :(

Well, like I said, I'm not sure how many of those were intentional or not. All I know is that Capcom of Japan flat out states in more than one source that he's gay. Unless you read Japanese, then... *shrug* What more is there for me to say? Capcom of America censors or changes a whole bunch of Street Fighter information that gets over here, and they most certainly would censor anything that has to do with homosexuality (they did so to Eagle's win quotes in CvS2), so there isn't any proof in English, whatsoever. And most street fighter storyline people who could speak Japanese didn't care enough about Zangief to bring it up to people or just assumed everyone already knew (Zangief isn't exactly a guy that crops up often in storyline discussions, you know? :P I think he's been mentioned only twice in all 1200 posts in the SF storyline thread at shoryuken.com, and both of those times were a long time ago about how he was... well, gay :P). It was a while that the plot guide was labelled with "Regarding a certain Zangief dislike: I have no comment." and nothing else until my Japanese friends finally saw that in the guide and said "Um, you know that Zangief IS gay, right?"

Though it's been well known for quite a while at shoryuken.com that Zangief was gay. So it has been 'confirmed by now' for quite a while. You just didn't hear about it yourself until now :P Sadly, this one falls under the Guile is Ken's brother-in-law category in terms of my ability to prove it to anyone who can't read Japanese. That's even worse than the Poison-is-a-guy category since at least that one people could realize even if they can't read Japanese because the ankh symbol for a male is universal. :P

Not that it really matters, but I always thought that woman in that ending with Zangief's family was meant to be Zangief's mom, not his wife. Birdie calls him a mother's boy in SFA2, after all.

[this message was edited by TiamatRoar on Tue 21 May 10:38]

Juan
1945th Post

"fruity atomic BUSTAAAHH!!!" , posted Tue 21 May 10:35:post reply

I dont know about the whole "Zangief is fruity" thing, to me he's just a happy wrestling Russian.

About the intro with Eagle, i always tought it was because both of them have spinning attacks (if Mike Haggar was in the game, i guarantee you that they would have similar intros.)
Spinning attacks dont make you weird, right?

And about the speedo, ever seen wrestling on tv? wrestler use those and spandex pants.

Can you point to the page in japanese that you mentioned that Zangief is a weirdo? or a scan of the magazine?

quote:

Well, like I said, I'm not sure how many of those were intentional or not. All I know is that Capcom of Japan flat out states in more than one source that he's gay. Unless you read Japanese, then... *shrug* What more is there for me to say? Capcom of America censors or changes a whole bunch of Street Fighter information that gets over here, and they most certainly would censor anything that has to do with homosexuality. I secretly want to believe that he is fruity yada yada. (they did so to Eagle's win quotes in CvS2), so there isn't any proof in English, whatsoever. And most street fighter storyline people who could speak Japanese didn't care enough about Zangief to bring it up to people (Zangief isn't exactly a guy that i have weak arguments yada yada crops up often in storyline discussions, you know? :P). It was a while that the plot guide was labelled with "Regarding a certain Zangief dislike: I have no comment." and nothing else until my Japanese friends finally saw that in the guide and said "Um, you know that Zangief IS gay, right?"

Though it's been well known for quite a while at shoryuken.com that Zangief was gay. So it has been 'confirmed by now' for quite a while. You just didn't hear about it yourself until now :P

[this message was edited by Juan on Tue 21 May 10:42]

TiamatRoar
100th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):fruity atomic BUSTAAAHH!!!" , posted Tue 21 May 10:47post reply

quote:

Can you point to the page in japanese that you mentioned that Zangief is a weirdo? or a scan of the magazine?

I dunno about webpages and I dunno if it's on a magazine (I wouldn't trust a magazine or any webpage besides Capcom of Japan's, anyways. They tend to make up info). There was a scan of a Street Fighter 2 compendium mini-bios thing that might have had it, but it got taken down from the net. As did lots of various scans that came and went throughout the plot guide discussion thread.

The place to find it would be All About Capcom. You could probably buy that book from your local anime convention or on e-bay or from various book order stores. I've looked through the book myself but my knowledge of Japanese is crap and my scanner has been broken for a year now, so I didn't bother buying it (thinking of buying it at anime north this year, though).

Sigh, I wish someone would translate an All About Street Fighter or All About Capcom book like those peeps did for All About Vampire Savior. Ah well. I've stopped caring about trying to prove things that rely on official books for their proofs long ago simply because it's literally impossible for me to prove them unless people actually own those sources AND can speak Japanese :P So if you want to keep believing that Zangief is straight, go ahead. I won't stop you :P

Juan
1946th Post

"Re(2):fruity atomic BUSTAAAHH!!!" , posted Tue 21 May 10:50post reply

I think Alex is the love child of Guile and Zangief. You could use that as a possible proof.

haha.

quote:

I dunno about webpages and I dunno if it's on a magazine (I wouldn't trust a magazine or any webpage besides Capcom of Japan's, anyways. They tend to make up info). There was a scan of a Street Fighter 2 compendium mini-bios thing that might have had it, but it got taken down from the net. As did lots of various scans that came and went throughout the plot guide discussion thread.

The place to find it would be All About Capcom. You could probably buy that book from your local anime convention or on e-bay or from various book order stores. I've looked through the book myself but my knowledge of Japanese is crap and my scanner has been broken for a year now, so I didn't bother buying it (thinking of buying it at anime north this year, though).

Sigh, I wish someone would translate an All About Street Fighter or All About Capcom book like those peeps did for All About Vampire Savior. Ah well. I've stopped caring about trying to prove things that rely on official books for their proofs long ago simply because it's literally impossible for me to prove them unless people actually own those sources AND can speak Japanese :P So if you want to keep believing that Zangief is straight, go ahead. I won't stop you :P

Iron D
1752th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):WHAT!?!" , posted Tue 21 May 21:16post reply

quote:

Sorry. What I meant to say was, "somebody who speaks japanese and could translate any direct statement of Zangief's sexuality".

Until I see that, I'm still not quite convinced. But to be honest, even if Zangief was gay, that wouldn't make me like any less. BOLISCHOY TAVIEDA!!!

ZamIAm
492th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):WHAT!?!" , posted Tue 21 May 21:54:post reply

quote:

If this is Until I see that, I'm still not quite convinced. But to be honest, even if Zangief was gay, that wouldn't make me like any less. BOLISCHOY TAVIEDA!!!

Even though I dislike the act of homosexuality, I can still respect the person as a whole. I guess you learn something new everyday. I personally don't have any specifically homosexual characters but one specific situation never mind. Intriguigingly enough, it seems like homosexuality is more accepted when it is with females instead of males.

BTW, big women can be quite nice.

Iron D, what is your email (I lost it).

Failed Scripts:

K9999: Why must they insult my body calling it ugly!
Angel: Don't worry. A little Oil of Olay and Oxy 10 and you'll be good as new.

[this message was edited by ZamIAm on Tue 21 May 21:57]

Dr Baghead
929th Post

"Re(6):WHAT!?!" , posted Tue 21 May 22:08post reply

quote:
Intriguigingly enough, it seems like homosexuality is more accepted when it is with females instead of males.

Not really, In reality lesbians can't adopt children, can't get married, can't share health benifits from work... just because comics/movies/games/TV shows/etc. sneak in girl/girl relationships (which I might I add seems to be based more on sex then actual love most of the time making the concept seem demeaning) doesn't mean it's "accepted" it just means dumb guys like to watch.

TiamatRoar
102th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):WHAT!?!" , posted Tue 21 May 23:05:post reply

quote:

Sorry. What I meant to say was, "somebody who speaks japanese and could translate any direct statement of Zangief's sexuality".

Until I see that, I'm still not quite convinced. But to be honest, even if Zangief was gay, that wouldn't make me like any less. BOLISCHOY TAVIEDA!!!

Ah, in that case, if you really want the quote from someone who speaks Japanese, you can find it in this thread. Saiki's the guy you want.

Good luck finding it, though. He's very hard to get a hold of, these days, so a private message won't be very successful. You should trust me when I say that he told it to me directly, but eh, if you really want the truth for yourself directly, it's not my job to go rummaging through 50 posts of backlog just to point out something I've already seen someone post, just because people don't trust me when I say they did ^^

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40326

[this message was edited by TiamatRoar on Tue 21 May 23:20]

Iron D
1759th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Well..." , posted Tue 21 May 23:30:post reply

quote:
Ah, in that case, if you really want the quote from someone who speaks Japanese, you can find it in this thread. Saiki's the guy you want.

Good luck finding it, though. He's very hard to get a hold of, these days, so a private message won't be very successful. You should trust me when I say that he told it to me directly, but eh, if you really want the truth for yourself directly, it's not my job to go rummaging through 50 posts of backlog just to point out something I've already seen someone post, just because people don't trust me when I say they did ^^

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40326

...alright. I'll try to look him up (not right now, though, it's almost midnight here where I am). If possible, do you think you could get him to come here?

Zamuel: My email has changed since the last time we exchanged e-mails. Now it's irongatsby@yahoo.com.

[this message was edited by Iron D on Wed 22 May 18:50]

iggy
166th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):fruity atomic BUSTAAAHH!!!" , posted Wed 22 May 01:07post reply

quote:
(if Mike Haggar was in the game, i guarantee you that they would have similar intros.)

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!
MIKE HAGGAR !!!!! GAYEST CHARACTER IN THE GAYEST GAME EVER !!!!

Oh, and about Zangief....
there is nothing about any gayness thing in AACapcom, but the only thing interesting is that until SFZero3, the only dislike of Zangief was "Hadôken, Sonic Boom, Yoga Fire, etc". It is only in Zero3 that he begins to dislike young beautifull women too. Maybe Capcom saw the rumor and found it funny, so they hinted it in the game?

TiamatRoar
102th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Well..." , posted Wed 22 May 11:10post reply

quote:

...alright. I'll try to look him up (not right now, though, it's almost midnight here where I am). If possible, do you think you could get him to come here?

I wish. I've been trying to get ahold of him for a couple months now to confirm a few other things, myself. Ack!