[an error occurred while processing this directive] GGXX: NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

NARUTO
464th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"GGXX: NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!" , posted Fri 17 May 04:46post reply

Ok for all of the GGXX fan on this Board (JETT??) here I make a report of the ArcadiA magazine.
Since my scanner is dead, sorry no pics to send. I'll make it characters by characters but first the system:

Nothing have really changed exept the new DUST button who allow new moves to the character and now an air throw for every body.
All of the old stuff is here, Roman cancel, Faultless defence....
All of the characters have 6 difrent colour now, the bad thing is that some of them are really UGLY!!!!!!!!!

Ok, first one:
-SLAYER: he have a good number of secial moves, one of them is a straint punch like Makoto, he got a fire punch like Kyo.
A teleportation moves, and 3 super moves.
One of them is a super punch like Ralf Galactica Phantom, and in the 2nd you'll see him with some tiny bat wings in his back and he go in a 45° angle and hit you, similar to T.HAWK move.
I don't know if it's his 3rd super or his Instant kill but Slayer hit you to the outer space, you'll se him with a nebula in the back ground.

-I-NO: only for special moves for her, one is a fireball like, a rush moves that allow her to pass under the fireball, a Psycho crusher like and a full screen things to looks like JUSTICE walkirie Ark.
For the super and instnt kill, nothing new, the super is the 2 withe ring thing(note she have a 2nd super) and the I.K is the stage porformence.

-BRIDGET:Many moves use his/her yoyo and she can throw some teddy bear with a fire ring on it. she got a strange moves with his/her yoyo that trun around him/her.
One of his/her super is a yoyo juggling move with an huge teddy bear that fall on you.
Nothing else on Him/her.

_ZAPPA: (for you JETT) Have his ghost sumonnig move and then have 1 up to 3 special move by ghost.
So far the ghosts I've seen are: 3 grey thing, a cantipede like, a dead dog, a sword, and an huge electric guy(chiniese general???)thank looks like donovan's thunder summon, in a real better look!
He got 2 super moves, one with the centipede, they get out of his back and rush in you, and one with the electric guy, who slam the ground and then and huge electric
pillar come out.
Soory Jett I haven't see his I.K, got only his name: COWAI, tham mean in Japanise Scary.

Now that will go faster:

-Sol:got 3 news specials one is a power dunk like. 1 of is super have ganged, the fireball like one. Don't know if it's the move himself or just the command.

-KY:1 new special, and 1 new super, in this he throw an giant balde like in GG1 the super fireball.
His I.K. have ganged, I've didn't see it and since I'm only a newbie in japanise I only understand that he play with the lighting, or ride them....

-MAY: just 2 super moves, one with a killer whale to smash you. have her old I.K.

-Millia: NOTHING NEW!!!!

-POTEMKIN: got an Electric bow move. seem to be a projectil thing.

-EDDIE: couriously, just 2 new moves.

-CHIPP: a new move with an eltric pentagram that catch you.

-BAIKEN:with her chain claw now, she got 2 new special. the gard+ quart cicle down+ punch have changed.

-FAUST:2 new special. And a new I.K. sorry I don't know what happen here, the only thing I see is a desert like background and faust getting out from a door on the floor.

-JAM: a new super move with some flamming effect.

-AXL: a new bandana counter move, and a new super.

-JHONNY: just a new special.

-VENOM: same as Jhonny.

-ANJI: Haa, some change, a new special, and 2 new siper, One of them, you'll see ANJI in front of a japanise poster,( well sorry I don't know the real name of this: the thing you pass in the back to ghange you clothes).

-TESTAMENT:2 new special, one made some tree grows, and the other is a blood spider web that catch you. got a new super called: Master of pupet.

-DIZZY: sadly just a new special witha buble that can hit you when it pops.
And no I.K for her!

That all I got, the only thing bad is that some characters seens to be forgoten by the crew, like millia, Jhonny, Venom.
And since Dizzy didn't have an I.K; did she will be the boss again???????? How sad!

But well, we just have to wait for the game and then we will know.

Replies:

JETT
383th Post

Silver Customer

"Thank you very much" , posted Fri 17 May 07:47post reply

all of this sounds amazing. especially the new characters. I can't wait for more screens/movies and to find out the boss!

well, thanks you very much. you are my idol.

JETT
384th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Thank you very much" , posted Fri 17 May 07:54post reply

by the way, venom is not entierly "forgotten", besides his new move, he can lay orbs in the air and they stay longer. and johnnuy did'nt really need changes, he was by far (once you get into him) one of the/if not the best in the game (GGX)...but millia, no changes?...I never used her anyway, but that sucks I guess.

....hmmmm the bosses....it can't be dizzy again. because I read somewhare that there are 2 more boss characters...let's hope so...

JETT
385th Post

Silver Customer

"one moren thing..." , posted Fri 17 May 08:13post reply

was there anything in there about zappa's orbs? what do they do?

Zazzarius
24th Post

New Customer

"faust's new IK?!" , posted Fri 17 May 08:48post reply

the beloved doctor has a new ik?!

oh how i'll miss his afro . . .

iggy
148th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):GGXX: NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!" , posted Fri 17 May 09:04post reply

Sorry, I don't have the mag right now, but I will try to add things I remind from my first reading last week... (and the first one who make any remark on my japanese gets an instant visit of angry Iggy)

quote:
I don't know if it's his 3rd super or his Instant kill but Slayer hit you to the outer space, you'll se him with a nebula in the back ground.

Yes, it's his one hit kill, with an haiku. (who changes randomly, I think...?)

quote:
-BRIDGET:Many moves use his/her yoyo and she can throw some teddy bear with a fire ring on it. she got a strange moves with his/her yoyo that trun around him/her.
One of his/her super is a yoyo juggling move with an huge teddy bear that fall on you.
Nothing else on Him/her.

The most surprising thing (for me, I mean) is that his yoyo doesn't touch when you send it, it's when it comes back that it hit (and there are special commands about making it come back woth special effects, or with the special bear, and so on...)

quote:
_ZAPPA: (for you JETT) Have his ghost sumonnig move and then have 1 up to 3 special move by ghost.

I would like someone to explain me something about him, because I really didn't get everything...
The centipede is a special you can do when you have no spirit, and it adds 3 points to the ghost point he has, and every hit adds to this ghost point (but I think I remember every hit doesn't add to the same ghost...?)
Well, anyway, theses ghost point or whatever determine what ghost controls Zappa right now (I mean, I think)
If I remember well, the 3 ghosts, the dog, the sword then the electric guy are in order from the less powerfull to the more powerfull, and from the most easy to summon to the more difficult. His 2 supers can be done when he has no spirits at all (for the first) and when you have the best spirit (for the second).
I'm sure I missed a few point in it...

quote:
-Millia: NOTHING NEW!!!!

I think she had a few changes, to tone her down a lot (she needed it, if I remember well...?). There is a little paragraph for each character to check out what changed in everything (that hit has more/less range, that hit does more/less damage, etc).

quote:
-POTEMKIN: got an Electric bow move. seem to be a projectil thing.

seems to have been toned down a little...?

quote:
-FAUST:2 new special. And a new I.K. sorry I don't know what happen here, the only thing I see is a desert like background and faust getting out from a door on the floor.

Actually, they say it's the same, but the finish changes (??)

quote:
-ANJI: Haa, some change, a new special, and 2 new siper, One of them, you'll see ANJI in front of a japanise poster.

it's his super guard cancel, if I remember well...?
I think they say that nothing seems to have changed much for him, but many little things in his normal mooves have changed, so you have to rethink your strategies with him from the begenning...

quote:
-TESTAMENT:2 new special, one made some tree grows, and the other is a blood spider web that catch you. got a new super called: Master of pupet.

I never used him in X, but did he had this moove when he get naked with all the scars and such? pretty scarry, I think...

quote:
-DIZZY: sadly just a new special witha buble that can hit you when it pops.
And no I.K for her!

She got into May's crew, so now she has friends!
basically, this makes that May's super where all her crew comes and hit the ennemy do 12 hits to her, whereas it makes 13 on everyone else (because she is not there to hurt herself).
She has been toned down a lot (normal, she's not the boss anymore) many of her normal mooves have less priority, and the super throw makes much less damage.

NARUTO
467th Post

Gold Customer

"well" , posted Fri 17 May 11:56post reply

Testament naked attack is his Burst move, like Chipp when he becomes Fat.

If you can wait until toumorow Jett, I'll tell ya all the characters color.

JETT
386th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):well" , posted Fri 17 May 12:04post reply

alright thanks.

by the way,....still no true info on who the boss is?

Juan
1921th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"the boss is.." , posted Fri 17 May 12:05post reply

I AM THE GGXX BOSS!

quote:
alright thanks.

by the way,....still no true info on who the boss is?

http://www.angelfire.com/tx/carniceria
Juan: El Carnal De Las Estrellas.

Shin ATproof
405th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):the boss is.." , posted Fri 17 May 12:27post reply

Obey you MASTER! MASTER! Master of puppets are pulling your strings!

LOL shameless band homage...ISHIWATARI IS AWESOME!

MUST PLAY IMPROVED BAIKEN!!!! MY GODDESS WILL OWN YOU!!!

And Slayer and Zappa are sounding really interesting to me now...

I still think I will play I-NO first...I hope they change and give Dizzy an IK...that would be so sweet...

Thanks Naruto for the news!

Juke Joint Jezebel
366th Post

Silver Customer

"Dizzy, what a babe" , posted Fri 17 May 12:27post reply

quote:
That all I got, the only thing bad is that some characters seens to be forgoten by the crew, like millia, Jhonny, Venom.
And since Dizzy didn't have an I.K; did she will be the boss again???????? How sad!

this is just my guess why she doesn't have an instant kill .. first, Dizzy's got a LOT of super moves. i really hope they didn't take out the one .. uhh, i think it goes some button it's so awesome! i think that's how it goes. dunno, haven't played ggx in a few weeks. i think i'll play it tonight
anyways, second, isn't she all peace-loving and everything? doesn't really wanna get into fights with people but is forced to. i think she .. well, i dunno. she could have an "instant kill" move that just puts them to sleep or something. i dunno. man i forgot what i was talking about

oh yea Juan as boss
i hear he gets weakened if you fight him in the hidden cat lair stage O_O

Taa kun
56th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):GGXX: NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!" , posted Fri 17 May 12:39post reply

The Arcadia guys are talking...
May I join you ?

Why didn't you talk about the button configuration, quite special for me...
Corresponding to a SFII standard config you have :

weak punch = Kick
med punch = Slash
strong punch = Hi Slash
weak kick = Punch
med kick = none
strong kick = Dust

Yes, Kick is above Punch, quite a change for those used to "usual" standards.

For Dr Baghead : a few news about Faust : he gets a new longer Slash attack, he can launch items when standing on his pole (quarter circle forward plus Slash then Dust button...) and his combination (pole drag then launch then jump to smash) has one more following move...

Tsukurimashou... Tsukurimashou...
Sate sate nani ga dekiru ka na ?

talbaineric
3292th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):GGXX: NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!" , posted Fri 17 May 19:01post reply

I can't wait to see this game come out!!

MAN! This game's had some slow news since it first surfaced in January. I hope we hear some new news and see new screenshots soon!

iggy
152th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):GGXX: NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!" , posted Sat 18 May 00:51post reply

I notice no one translated the Zappa's ghost part......(furious glance at everyone)

Well, I got my Arcadia back, so who want a scan of what?

At least, here are the changes for Venom :
His changes are mostly positives.
- new moove (back, down, backdown+ any button)
- after the HS mad struggle, ennemi can't recover (I don't know the english word... when you push a button after beeing thrown away)
- can create balls in the air
- can change the position of the balls already created (?)
- The Darkangel can do all his hits more often
- the neutral + HS changed (as a counter hit, it makes the opponent yoroke (the new pseudo-faint state) . in a chain combo, it won't chain with the ... what do you say in english... balayette? down+D)
- the second hit of this down + D can hit almost the half of the characters when they are already down

The command list of Zappa is quite fun : "Hello the 3 centipedes", "don't leave like this", "It must hurt, I mean, it does hurt"...

And Bridget's bear name is Roger.

NARUTO
469th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):GGXX: NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!" , posted Sat 18 May 04:59post reply

Here comes the colors for each characters:

Slayer:1-suit black and red, brown hair.
2-suitred and yellow, black hair.
3-suit black and brown, white hair.
4-suit white and grey, brown hair.
5-suit yellow and green, brown hair.
6-suit blue and white, brown hair.

I-no:1-suit red, black hair.
2-suit brown, blonde hair.
3-suit pink, blonde hair.
4-suit gold, brown hair.
5-suit silver, blonde hair.
6-suit black, red hair.

Bridget:1-suit blue and white, bonde.
2-suit white, brown hair.
3-suit white yellow, brown skin.
4-suit red and yellow, brown hair.
5-suit white and pink, blonde.
6-suit white and black, brown hair.

Zappa:1-suit white, brown hair.
2-suit white and blue, grey hair.
3-suit red and grey, white hair.
4-suit green and brown, white hair.
5-suit black, blonde.
6-suit brown and yellow, blonde.

ARG! short on time, well I'll finish it latter!

JETT
387th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):GGXX: NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!" , posted Sat 18 May 06:13post reply

thanks again for the news and colors guys.

but now all I want is new screens! anyone got any? professor?

CrazyMike
97th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):GGXX: NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!" , posted Sat 18 May 14:12post reply

Hmm whats the engine like? from the videos it seemed to be the same. While the new characters are interesting and there are some new moves, for some reason I still feel Arc Systems got a little lazy, i.e just recolored backgrounds, same engine, hell it could end up being the same boss.

JETT
389th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(7):GGXX: NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!" , posted Sat 18 May 14:44post reply

quote:
Hmm whats the engine like? from the videos it seemed to be the same. While the new characters are interesting and there are some new moves, for some reason I still feel Arc Systems got a little lazy, i.e just recolored backgrounds, same engine, hell it could end up being the same boss.

I am tired of people saying how arc systems is lazy. so what if they are? NO ONE is as lazy as capcom!! or SNK! and all there sprite re-using, constant upgrades and such...

sorry i am just tired of people complaining about how this an upgrade more then a sequel, first of all you are wrong, second: WHY DOES'NT ANYONE COMPLAIN WHEN CAPCOM OR SNK MAKE UPGRADES!! dammmit, cant asnyone see that arc systems is better then them!?!?!

iggy
157th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):GGXX: NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!" , posted Sun 19 May 04:26post reply

quote:
I still feel Arc Systems got a little lazy, i.e just recolored backgrounds, same engine, hell it could end up being the same boss.

I don't care if the system arc hasn't been changed.
I prefer the same good system over and over with new characters only than games trying to innovate and create crappy systems like KOF. I never loved KOF as much since they added the striker system.
If they create a new Vampire with a bunch of new characters but exactly the same system of Savior, I would die of happiness.

NARUTO
470th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):GGXX: NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!" , posted Sun 19 May 05:16post reply

Her comes the colors again, sorry jett My scanner is out but give me your E-mail and I gonna see If my friend can scan it for me.

Sol:1-suit red and white
2-suit white and blue
3-suit white and black, blonde.
4-suit black and red
5-suit green and red
6-suit green and green!

May:1-orange and black
2-blue and white
3-red and black, blonde
4-white, dark skin
5-pink and white
6-black, blonde