[an error occurred while processing this directive] " I hate ::: insert name here :::! " - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Rugalbernstein
1847th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"" I hate ::: insert name here :::! "" , posted Thu 16 May 21:54post reply

I'm sick of people always bitching about hating Ryu, hating Athena, hating the neighbor's dog, ETC... God, does anybody here like ANY character? I'm truly tired of all the negativity. If you can't say something nice about something, you shouldn't say anything. So what I want to hear in this thread is things that you like about characters you don't like. Please, no " I hate this person! " , " I hate my dog! " , " His grandmother sucks! " , or any of that crap. It's REALLY tiring. I've actually been debating a hiatus on posting until people can cheer up a bit.

Replies:

Hungrywolf
891th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):" , posted Thu 16 May 21:59post reply

quote:
I'm sick of people always bitching about hating Ryu, hating Athena, hating the neighbor's dog, ETC... God, does anybody here like ANY character? I'm truly tired of all the negativity. If you can't say something nice about something, you shouldn't say anything. So what I want to hear in this thread is things that you like about characters you don't like. Please, no " I hate this person! " , " I hate my dog! " , " His grandmother sucks! " , or any of that crap. It's REALLY tiring. I've actually been debating a hiatus on posting until people can cheer up a bit.

Ok, the two characters I don't like I only don't like because my friend always annoys me with them, and those characters are Chin and Blanka. I have no problem with them when my friend isn't playing as them. They are both funny characters. That's something nice. Besides, everyone knows I don't have a hatred of any characters....not like SOME people here.

ONSLAUGHT
1990th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"yeah!" , posted Thu 16 May 22:00post reply

quote:
It's REALLY tiring.

Oh yes, it is...
I'm dead sick of that "Ryu sucks, I hate them, they never change, they're boring, they have zero personality" and bullcrap like that...
I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but when you use that to attack other people's likes, that's very dangerous IMHO.
I don't like a lot of characters, but do you see me bitching about them? heck, chances are that no one in here knows wich chars I don't like (with the exception of my closest friends that is, ha ha)...
Like Rugal said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything...

The damn hate thing is getting on my nerves and I feel like I'm gonna explode very soon...

Dr Orochi
278th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):" , posted Thu 16 May 22:02post reply

Well, I don't really hate any characters....

but I like the way Choi fits so snugly into Chang's.... oh wait.. ignore that.

Gen
293th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):" , posted Thu 16 May 22:02:post reply

I like NESTS CARTEL
.X.
x.x

I don't like Art of Fighting team in recent KoFs but I like them in a broader general sense.

[this message was edited by Gen on Thu 16 May 22:06]

TheBeast
376th Post

Silver Customer

"Being unique is the key" , posted Thu 16 May 22:04post reply

I don't hate any game characters at all. There are there in the game for a good reason. Imagine the game designers having to spend days and nights thinking about the characters they have to come up with. But everyone must be unique from others - so as to relect reality - everyone is unique in this world.

I merely dislike characters that are in the game that are there for no reasons. Examples are the villagers you find in some RPG games that don't provide you with vital information and repeat everything they said again and again.

The only antidote to my poison is death...Hey! No fair! You have a resurrection move??

Jazzie D
1038th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Amen!" , posted Thu 16 May 22:17post reply

quote:

Can I get an "Amen!" my people?

I hate it when people say stuff like, "Mai is too much like a slut" or "Athena has a damn annoying voice" or "Yuri is just a lame Shoto-rip off."

If you don't know, Mai lives up to her family expectations! Oh and you can give credit to Andy for doing so!

Yuri is not a lame Shotokan

Yuri is not a lame Ansatsuken rip off! She's a fun character to use! At least she can fight with skill and look good doing it! Besides, Sakura just learned from Ryu, although I still like Sakura.

Athena can sing and she's damn good at it! If you have heard her samples, you'd know what I mean!

If you don't know, Mai, Yuri and Athena is one of the funnest teams I use. Hell, it's one of my best teams, period! I'm not talking about just KoF. This can also be said for Match of the Millenium and CvS II!

There! Just had to get that off my chest!

Hungrywolf
896th Post

"Re(1):Amen!" , posted Thu 16 May 22:26post reply

quote:

I hate it when people say stuff like, "Mai is too much like a slut"

Well see, my theory proves that Mai isn't a slut at all. LOL.

Juke Joint Jezebel
360th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Amen!" , posted Fri 17 May 00:30post reply

quote:

I hate it when people say stuff like, "Mai is too much like a slut"

Well see, my theory proves that Mai isn't a slut at all. LOL.

i <3 Athena

what a cool girl. probably my most favorite SNK character. i think she's awesome and i hate pop culture. odd, no?

well, most pop. i guess, mainly American. America's done some weird stuff. i'm obsessed with everything Japan, including pop. probably why i like Athena so much

what a cool girl. wait i already said that

ooh, time to work on a tag of her. she's so awesome

Iron D
1738th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Uh...." , posted Fri 17 May 01:08post reply

quote:

That's funny. I was once told that I seem to dislike very few characters (and that happened on this board even!). I usually don't say anything about any of the characters I don't like, but as of late, I've actually been asked either who it is that I hate, why I hate who I hate, or am being accused of just hating everybody.

Now, I have to say something nice about the characters I don't like right? Okay, I'll hit some, but not all, of them:

Athena: Looks hot in a bikini.

Ryo: Has cool artwork out there.

Hinata: I like her dance in the intro of Project Justice.

Ganryu: Um...he's a sumo like Edmund Honda.

King (AoF, KoF): um....plays differently than any other fighter out there.

Blue Mary: Um...well she's Terry's girlfriend. And she's related to the mix mastah pimp KEVIN RIAN!

Balrog: Um.....his attacks are nicely damaging.

Choi & Chang: Teamed up in CvS2.

That's all I'm doin' for now. I'm done with paying any kind of attention (both negative and positive) to the characters I don't like anyway....

Juke Joint Jezebel
363th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Uh...." , posted Fri 17 May 02:12post reply

oh yea, i never mentioned the characters i "hate"
i try not to hate any particular characters, but there's a couple i don't like for a few reasons ..

Vega (Bison) - ehh, i just don't like him because of how he acted in street fighter iii alpha, linking machines to him to increase his psycho power and all that weirdness o_O also, his X-ism super didn't help >_< but i think he was a pretty cool boss in street fighter ii. people hated him for being a prick -- killing Chun-li's father, killing Charlie .. i think he was even a drug dealer. imo, he also had more fighting skill than cheapness back then. i like skilled bosses a lot more than cheap ones like uhh Geese hehe

Iori - i just have a grudge against him for killing Mature and Vice. i know it was mainly Goenitz's fault for activating that Orochi in him, but .. i dunno. anyways, i think he's pretty cool. people think he dresses kinda queer, but i like that style of dress. also, i think his hair is cool

Kyo - three reasons i don't like him ... he's always the damn hero, he's freakin' cocky, and (mainly) Athena has a crush on him. argh! i dunno what she's thinking. anyways, other than that, i think he's got a cool way of fighting and i like how he dresses. it looks awesome

Whip - i think she's a babe, but i cry when i'm forced to fight her

i dunno, many others. that's all i can think of right now

iggy
144th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):" , posted Fri 17 May 02:30post reply

quote:
I'm sick of people always bitching about hating Ryu, hating Athena, hating the neighbor's dog, ETC...

Yes, but the neighbor's dog is an asshole, he always try to conclude with the female dog from the house at the end of the street, although I was her first. stupid bastard. come back when you will have a pedigree like me. Uh... what were you... ah, yes, fighting games.

that's gonna be hard...
I like Blue Mary because she's actually fun to play. But her voice ruins everything.
I like Chun li a lot, but since I've taken some weight, she remind me al the time my fat stomach.
I like Ryu because he was in a Capcom art book in the funniest drawing ever (the one where he is abducted by Scullochunli, Sculloguile, Scullodahlsim and to other Scullomania I don't indentify, probably Zangief.
ehh.... for the others.... I really hate them, sorry, I can't find anything to save Whip, K9999, Sean, Ken and others.

holiday
1131th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Love X Hate" , posted Fri 17 May 03:58post reply

Mmm... interesting!

I dislike Bao... he's the "Jar Jar Binks" of KOF ^_^

One think I like about him though is that I
secretly train myself to use him, and I've
gotten very good at mastering him.
Feel the (tiny) fury! He's the terror that
strikes player's hearts when I select my
KOF'01 Bao + all strikers team ^_^

I've actually made someone nearly hit me
because I defeated him with only Bao's grab
(the one where he lifts you up and drops
you), hehe.

Juan
1916th Post

"Re(1):" , posted Fri 17 May 08:27post reply

I hate video games.

http://www.angelfire.com/tx/carniceria
Juan: El Carnal De Las Estrellas.

Rid Hershel
2660th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):" , posted Fri 17 May 08:40post reply

I should say that I hate Midway, but I've enjoyed some of their games (remembers screaming WOOOAAAAHHH! wen jumping in San Francisco Rush).

And about characters, while there are some that are uninteresting to me, there isn't anyone that I hate... (I mean, I would NEVER pick Chang or Choi, but I found them funny in some way, for example).

Juan
1917th Post

"Re(3):" , posted Fri 17 May 08:48post reply

Hydrothunder (midway) is awesome to play with friends, but all the other "thunder" games are weak. Smash TV and NARC were awesome.

BIG MONEY!! BIG PRIZES!! I LOVE IT!!!!

quote:
I should say that I hate Midway, but I've enjoyed some of their games (remembers screaming WOOOAAAAHHH! wen jumping in San Francisco Rush).

And about characters, while there are some that are uninteresting to me, there isn't anyone that I hate... (I mean, I would NEVER pick Chang or Choi, but I found them funny in some way, for example).

RugalBernstein
1848th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):" , posted Fri 17 May 08:52post reply

quote:
Hydrothunder (midway) is awesome to play with friends, but all the other "thunder" games are weak. Smash TV and NARC were awesome.

Don't forget " Total Carnage " , a Smash-TV like game where you fight the villainous " General Akhboob " . Ha ha ha, what a great game. ^_^ You could shoot the first boss's eyes out..

Juan
1919th Post

"Re(5):" , posted Fri 17 May 08:55post reply

Hehe i beat Total Carnage. The game told me "you suck" because i didnt collect all the bloody keys. But i liked Smash Tv's theme better (the deadly game show thingie like the running man with Arnold. haha.)

quote:

Don't forget " Total Carnage " , a Smash-TV like game where you fight the villainous " General Akhboob " . Ha ha ha, what a great game. ^_^ You could shoot the first boss's eyes out..

Rid Hershel
2661th Post

"Re(6):" , posted Fri 17 May 09:04post reply

Oh! and I found the new Gauntlet funny, but for the arcades, the game didn't lasted in console versions.

whitesword
733th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):" , posted Fri 17 May 09:26post reply

quote:

Oh C'mon! Hatred is good for your health!

"Feel more hate! Feel more anger!"

- White Sword, hatred incarnate!

OmegaDog
68th Post

Occasional Customer

"BIG, money! BIG, prizes! aaaI LOVE IT!!" , posted Fri 17 May 11:13post reply

quote:

Whee! That sound clip makes an appearance (so to speak) on the website of the Boulder Boardwalk, a small arcade joint that I would frequent...

(Just click on the mystery beverage a few times. Also check out some of the other buttons... ;] )

NEXT STAGE IS 3

Dr Baghead
913th Post

""I hate [vanilla coke]"" , posted Fri 17 May 13:36post reply

quote:
So what I want to hear in this thread is things that you like about characters you don't like.

I've become extremely negative lately so I'll try to do this....

Cast of Rage of the Dragons: I like how they make me laugh!... but seriously, I think whoever draws them (aside from my known gripe with Casandra's pictures) has got mad skillz and I hope they do more illustrations for more games.

Aquaman: Someone needs to clean the JLA's fish tank while Supes and Bats hog the glory and the Green Lantern does all the real work.

Cammy: She can do 'the Maxmium Spider', and unless I make sh*t up that's the only likable things about "the Boba Fett of Street Fighter" (and don't think that title is given because she's cool or some crap like that, it's because the majority of her story is BS'ed by fans and she's a

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
clone of a male villian

End of Spoiler

)

Athena: She was badass in 1996 and if she learned how to dress well again she could be badass again

Bao: He's good for the kicking.... but actually he does make a good forth man to the Psycho Soliders and if he wasn't always representing them in Single Mode I wouldn't hate him

YeldellGW
147th Post

Regular Customer

"What I like about characters I hate?!" , posted Fri 17 May 16:09post reply

Well, I know I can't say I don't hate any character. I'd be lying and I no wanna go to bad place.

Let's see what I can nice things I can think of saying about characters I'd like to see on the business end of Jedah's victory pose.

Ryu: Shinshoryuken is one of the better SF supers appearance-wise and his is one of my favorite/most used specials in SF III.

Phobos/Huitzil: Final Guardian Beta is a gas to witness and that taunt is hilarious.

Chang & Choi: Well, they're good for a laugh if nothing else.

Yamazaki: Looks good in black.

Geese: I'll never complain about his DM being too easy to pull off.

Vanessa: One of the prettier boxers I've seen; but considering the competition; that's not saying much.

Hmmm...this is tougher than I thought. And I've barely scratch the surface of characters I hate. Maybe you should've asked what don't I like about characters I do like. I'm better versed in that topic.

talbaineric
3291th Post

"Re(1):What I like about characters I hate?!" , posted Fri 17 May 18:59post reply

About the characters I hate:

Chun-Li: Well,she's got pretty damaging supers in 3rd Strike. And I kinda like the way the remade her.

Some of the cast of 3rd Strike: Although not original,they've got good supers and they're well-animated.

Sakura: Hmmmmmmmmm.........well she's got TONS more personality than Ryu!! THAT'S FOR SURE!

Amingo: He's got some cool moves/supers. Very hilarious to watch this character.

Kensuo: I like his style of fighting. Although personally he could choke himself on those rice cakes for all I care!

Axl(GGX): I have a like/dislike for this character. He's got a cool personality,but I hate stereotypes,especially how they make the British or French ones(glad that's all FINALLY,but slowly,going away now)

Testament(GGX): He's got a cool sycthe!

Most of Garou(except for B.Jenet,Marco,Gato and Kim Dong Hwan): Well,they're sort of original. And they've got amusing moves.

And that's it about the GOOD things I have to say.

iggy
153th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):What I like about characters I hate?!" , posted Sat 18 May 00:57post reply

quote:
I hate stereotypes,especially how they make the British or French ones

Oh my god, I forgot the most hateable (is it english?) french character in history....
If I had to find a good point about him... errrrrr....
He makes Remy nearly acceptable.

Nifty Lifty
46th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):What I like about characters I hate?!" , posted Sat 18 May 02:55post reply

What I like about lame fighting game characters is that you can beat them up!

Y'know what I mean?

talbaineric
3294th Post

"Re(4):What I like about characters I hate?!" , posted Sat 18 May 09:49post reply

quote:
What I like about lame fighting game characters is that you can beat them up!

YES! That's other reason for me,too!

iggy: Which character would that be? Yes,I don't like Remy either. I'm glad stereotypes are slowly going away.

the REAL master
8th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):" , posted Sat 18 May 10:15post reply

quote:

well i don't care what anyone says, Shin akuma fucking sucks & ryu doesnt have any personality. It's like he's the only charachter that people use besides ken which i don't like all that much either. no probs with athena though shes pretty good. i miss chris too he was pretty coo. but my faves will always be

rugal
Iori
Takuma
kyos dad
kyo(new)
and old school bison....
but i'll admit if im playing a capcom game and i lose i will pick ryu to whoop some ass

Capcom is a glorious and respectable company and rolento is the greatest charachter ever created also van damn played guile to a tee :)
*please dont kill me*

Ted
653th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"I Liek Everything" , posted Sat 18 May 15:53post reply

I Like a Well DOne CHeese Burger!

Play TED on Kawaks or Kalliera!
just Look me up online or Post a CHallage!

Tio
98th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Amen!" , posted Sun 19 May 08:50post reply

quote:
I hate it when people say stuff like, "Mai is too much like a slut" or "Athena has a damn annoying voice" or "Yuri is just a lame Shoto-rip off."

Well, Mai is a slut, Athena does have annoying voice sometimes, and Yuri is a shoto-rip off.

And I love them all. I don't see how these reasons can be reason for hating them.

heheh

Tio
-----------------------------------
Guild H/H on Asuka server

Tio
99th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):" , posted Sun 19 May 08:56post reply

quote:
well i don't care what anyone says, Shin akuma fucking sucks & ryu doesnt have any personality. It's like he's the only charachter that people use besides ken which i don't like all that much either. no probs with athena though shes pretty good. i miss chris too he was pretty coo.

All true points, but I don't see how that can become a source for "hating" them.
disliking them? yeah. but some people seem to be obsessed with "hating" fictional characters with a passion, for extremely pointless reasons. It's rather disturbing.

Oh, This isn't directed toward you, don't get me wrong. I do see it as a common trend with many people though.

I can dislike or be indiffrent to a character, but I can't "hate" a character unless there's a damn good reason to it.

I think the original poster is implying that people seems to be using hatred too easily.
And I have to agree with him.

Tio

iggy
166th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):What I like about characters I hate?!" , posted Mon 20 May 03:31:post reply

quote Which character would that be?

You mean, the french guy in GGX?
I don't know much about this game scenario, but Ky's background is in Paris, so I thought he was french... But if I was wrong and that blond asshole is anything else, I would be glad at a point you can't imagine.

quote:
Yes,I don't like Remy either. I'm glad stereotypes are slowly going away.

I'm sure Remy is english. look at his clothes, his background... (and in the same game, Elena is brazilian too, her body and the capoera are not african at all)

[this message was edited by iggy on Mon 20 May 23:21]

Juan
1931th Post

"Re(2):" , posted Mon 20 May 07:17:post reply

Welp Ryu and Gouki are very good characters design wise (if not other companies wouldnt copy err inspire from them constantly,) the fact that people abuse them and actually think have skill is whats wrong here.
For example, went to the arcade this weekend and racked 20 wins on cvs1, 15 of those were from a group of guys that only chose Ryu and Ken as a team over and over and over and did the same techniques and patterns constantly (and somehow seemed surprised they beaten so many times.)
What kept the game amusing was them constantly calling me cheap in different creative ways (puhlease!) and that my friend managed somehow to break the marquee of the arcade cabinet so it fell on my head.

Ryu needs to become an unplayable boss if they ever make another street fighter. Some characters fight Evil Ryu, others regular Ryu.

quote:

well i don't care what anyone says, Shin akuma fucking sucks & ryu doesnt have any personality. It's like he's the only charachter that people use besides ken which i don't like all that much either. no probs with athena though shes pretty good. i miss chris too he was pretty coo. but my faves will always be

[this message was edited by Juan on Mon 20 May 07:20]

whitesword
739th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(6):What I like about characters I hate?!" , posted Mon 20 May 07:29post reply

quote:
I'm sure Remy is english. look at his clothes, his background... (and in the same game, Elena is brazilian too, her body and the capoera are not african at all)

English? That's possible, but presonally I think he might be from the US (or Spain? Naah, probably not...)

As for Elena, she is African alright (Kenya?), at least in nationality, as for origins...have you noticed how she and her brother(?) both have white hair, as opposed to the rest of their family? And which other character has dark skin and white hair?

I doubt she's related to Urien, but I guess it's possible!

Tio
101th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):What I like about characters I hate?!" , posted Tue 21 May 04:06post reply

quote:

As for Elena, she is African alright (Kenya?), at least in nationality, as for origins...have you noticed how she and her brother(?) both have white hair, as opposed to the rest of their family? And which other character has dark skin and white hair?

I doubt she's related to Urien, but I guess it's possible!

Or simply, she just uses a hair dye?
heheh

In Japanese anime/games, there are pink haired girls with green haired moms. I don't think about it too much :)

Tio