[an error occurred while processing this directive] Ben Affleck as Daredevil *IN COSTUME* - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Burning Ranger
179th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"Ben Affleck as Daredevil *IN COSTUME*" , posted Thu 16 May 09:29post reply

http://www.usatoday.com/life/enter/movies/2002/2002-05-16-daredevil.htm

Hmm.. its an interesting read, and the costume looks ok. Kevin Smith (aka Silent Bob and Daredevl comic writer and fan) says he likes the costume. I know the picture isnt clear, but what do you guys think?

I personally dont really care for the movie as much as the Hulk, X2, or the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. The red seems a but too much though.

Ed aka Burning Ranger
- "If you can't beat them arrange to have them beaten." -George Carlin

Replies:

Freeter
2602th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Ben Affleck as Daredevil *IN COSTUME*" , posted Thu 16 May 09:31post reply

quote:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/enter/movies/2002/2002-05-16-daredevil.htm

Hmmm...what's that sound I heard just now? Oh...it's Affleck's career being flushed down the toilet...

dorikyasu
458th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Ben Affleck as Daredevil *IN COSTUME*" , posted Thu 16 May 09:37:post reply

At this time, I'll have to give it a "meh". The costume itself looks okay, but just that Daredevil never really appealed to me as a character (Lawyer by day, vigilante by night? sure...). Not to mention this movie supposedly has 3 major villains in it (and the history tells us that the results of superhero movie with multiple villains aren't too good).

[this message was edited by dorikyasu on Thu 16 May 09:39]

Rid Hershel
2656th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Ben Affleck as Daredevil *IN COSTUME*" , posted Thu 16 May 10:24post reply

The costume is just ok...
I don't know about the movie, but after Kevin Smith's and David Mack's runs on him, I started to like the character.

I'm scared about Elektra anyway, she'll be hard to make in a movie without being cheesy...

Dr Baghead
907th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Ben Affleck as Daredevil *IN COSTUME*" , posted Thu 16 May 10:30post reply

quote:
Not to mention this movie supposedly has 3 major villains in it (and the history tells us that the results of superhero movie with multiple villains aren't too good).

Batman Returns was pretty good and it had two villians, and if it's true Spiderman 2 will feature Doc Oc and the Lizard I'm sure it will work too. DD should have no trouble working, unless they're using a multi-villian structure like in Batman Forever or Batman And Robin... in which cause god help us all....

but on subject, the costume doesn't look that bad, not that good but that could just be the picture, but not bad.

Neo Rasa
57th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Ben Affleck as Daredevil *IN COSTUME*" , posted Thu 16 May 16:19post reply

I think this is an older picture though, I heard they're switching to the costumem that's black with red trim (i.e., the badassed one).

It's going to be hard to film something like this, I think a lot of people don't even realize Daredevil/Matt Murdock is blind. If they make a game based on it it's going to have be like Illbleed with a senses meter and just some tye-dye patterns of people shooting at you or something. :p

Besides who says comic to movie adaptations with multiple villains are bad?

Batman Returns ~ Catwoman, Penguin, Max Shrek (who was originally going to become Mr. Freeze in the third Batman film, but they decided to have Riddler and Twoface instead, but Joel hates black people or something so Billy Dee Williams didn't get to reprise his role as Harvy Dent)

Superman II ~ KNEEL TO GENERAL ZOD! DESTROY SUPERMAN!, Lex Luthor

Blade II ~ Eli Domaskinos, Jared Nomak, Reinhardt

The Crow ~ Myca, Top Dollar

Neither Joel Schumacher nor Nicholas Cage are involved in the Daredevil project, therefore it will kickass.

"If everyone loves a Rasa then I must be freakin' irresistable!"

Satoshi Miwa
1034th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Ben Affleck as Daredevil *IN COSTUME*" , posted Thu 16 May 17:40post reply

I'll wait till I see the movie in action before i judge the costume in full, but if Kevin Smith likes it I'll give it a shot.

As for multiple villians, well it's workable if done right. Not only in the examples listed by other people, but also cause the Kingpin needs henchmen to do his dirty work ^^

pointystick
605th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):Ben Affleck as Daredevil *IN COSTUME*" , posted Thu 16 May 18:14post reply

Daredevil rocks, I hope somehow Spider-Man can make a cameo, since they are comrades in so many ways.

ONSLAUGHT
1991th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Ben Affleck as Daredevil *IN COSTUME*" , posted Thu 16 May 22:33post reply

He looks ugly! But then again, that's why I thought of Spiderman when I saw the first pics, and look how it ended! maybe DD will end being as cool as Spidey!

Burning Ranger
181th Post

Regular Customer

"Better image here..." , posted Fri 17 May 10:25post reply

http://www.joblo.com/movienews/552.htm

It looks a lot like a costume out of Batman forever. What is cooler is that the eyes are covered!

Ed aka Burning Ranger
- "If you can't beat them arrange to have them beaten." -George Carlin

Hungrywolf
899th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Better image here..." , posted Sat 18 May 11:25post reply

quote:
http://www.joblo.com/movienews/552.htm

It looks a lot like a costume out of Batman forever. What is cooler is that the eyes are covered!

Seeing the bigger image it looks a lot better. I like it a lot. And it's cool that the eyes are covered.