[an error occurred while processing this directive] for KOF 2001 pros... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

iggy
133th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"for KOF 2001 pros..." , posted Wed 15 May 04:14post reply

I've just found out that in the last arcadia (the one with the begening of the in dephth character faq of GGXX) the last article on KOF 2001 is a ranking of the characters... Since I didn't played the game much, I don't know much about it (beside the first two who seems obvious to me) but I would like to hear your thoughts about it...

God character : Foxy (strongest KOF character ever)

Top class characters : Lin (because of the scandalous senshurakkansatsu), Heidern and Benimaru (with good strikers).

Really good characters : Kensu, Whip, K', Yuri, Seth, Ryo, Kim.

and finally, the weakest characters : Iori, Kyo, Robert, Mei li, Takuma, K9999.

The most popular strikers are : Mai, Vanessa, Seth, Xian fei, Daimon and Ralf, followed by King, Hinako and Anhel.

It's a bit odd to see that on 4 new characters, one is heavilly overpowered while 2 other seems to be among the weakest...

Ulala this is a trap!

Replies:

NARUTO
460th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):for KOF 2001 pros..." , posted Wed 15 May 06:26post reply

en parlant de L'Arcadia sa fais une semaine que j'attend le mien!!!!!!!!

Trou du Cul des PTT!! C'est quant il veulent ces con la!!

Moi aussi je veux du ggxx!!!!!

Taa kun
47th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):for KOF 2001 pros..." , posted Wed 15 May 07:30post reply

quote:
I've just found out that in the last arcadia (the one with the begening of the in dephth character faq of GGXX) the last article on KOF 2001 is a ranking of the characters... Since I didn't played the game much, I don't know much about it (beside the first two who seems obvious to me) but I would like to hear your thoughts about it...

Top class characters : Lin (because of the scandalous senshurakkansatsu), Heidern and Benimaru (with good strikers).

The most popular strikers are : Mai, Vanessa, Seth, Xian fei, Daimon and Ralf, followed by King, Hinako and Anhel.

It's a bit odd to see that on 4 new characters, one is heavilly overpowered while 2 other seems to be among the weakest...

Hey, try to read it a least, Iori and co are not the weakest, they are "fourth rank" (first rank Foxy, second Heidern etc...)
The real weakest are Maxima (jump and you're dead), Chin (who takes too much damage) and Athena who (deals too few damage)...
All the other are intermediates...

And yes, what they are saying is quite true, I played a lot and went to the same global conclusions.

Tsukurimashou... Tsukurimashou...
Sate sate nani ga dekiru ka na ?

Burning Kyo
284th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):for KOF 2001 pros..." , posted Wed 15 May 07:38:post reply

quote:

Ah ! I agree with your teacher of japanese, when they said that you're not very good in japanese !
It's the Top-Tiers list ! all of these characters are more effective than the others in 2k1 ! 'N there's different classes, 'n not "god,average, bad, ... etc."

[this message was edited by Burning Kyo on Wed 15 May 07:41]

TheBeast
358th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):for KOF 2001 pros..." , posted Wed 15 May 07:42post reply

quote:

I am not a KOF2001 pro, but after seeing the experts play, there are some points I would want to bring out.

Foxy: Yup, definitely strongest. Easy to combo and causes massive damage.

The characters you name under weakest are not weak at all!! Iori, Kyo, Tamuka may have weakened from KOF2000, but they are still quite strong, though not as useful as K'.
Mei-Li and K9999 need some time to master. Mei-Li have very impressive combos that are not hard to pull off given some practice. K9999 is good to hold off opponents in the corners though his specials are hard to execute at first. But in my opinion these 2 are not the weakest compared to Shingo, Chin and Maxima.

There aren't many Yuri and Seth players around, but from what I see they are not really that strong to be in the same league as K' and Kim.

Maybe the players who have given the ratings did not bother to give KOF2001 more time and they may not have played long enough to understand it. That's just my thoughts.

The only antidote to my poison is death...Hey! No fair! You have a resurrection move??

Dragon-warrior
322th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):for KOF 2001 pros..." , posted Wed 15 May 08:08post reply

quote:

EVER?!?!?!
I never thought someone will be more powerful than Omega.Rugal KOF95!!!
or Chin KOF96!!!

Taa kun
48th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):for KOF 2001 pros..." , posted Wed 15 May 08:21post reply

quote:

There aren't many Yuri and Seth players around, but from what I see they are not really that strong to be in the same league as K' and Kim.

Yuri and Seth are worth their place.
Seth is also a very easy with heavy damage combo character.
Yuri is good all around, and her kouken is a pressing nightmare, and when I mean nightmare...

Tsukurimashou... Tsukurimashou...
Sate sate nani ga dekiru ka na ?

iggy
135th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):for KOF 2001 pros..." , posted Wed 15 May 08:57:post reply

quote:
Ah ! I agree with your teacher of japanese, when they said that you're not very good in japanese !

(looks angrily at Burning Kyo, then jumps on his head and BIIIIIIIIIP)
it's not a nice thing to have laugh someone ill like me.... YOU'RE EVIL !! (that is, nearly as much as I am)

[this message was edited by iggy on Wed 15 May 08:57]

Burning Kyo
284th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):for KOF 2001 pros..." , posted Wed 15 May 09:28post reply

quote:

(looks angrily at Burning Kyo, then jumps on his head and BIIIIIIIIIP)
it's not a nice thing to have laugh someone ill like me.... YOU'RE EVIL !! (that is, nearly as much as I am)

Gomen ne !

PS: I like your new av' !

iggy
135th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):for KOF 2001 pros..." , posted Wed 15 May 11:44post reply

quote:
I like your new av' !

thanks, I changed to make understand what "jumping on someone's head" means (if you still didn't understand, the new pic may help).
But... do you mean you didn't like the mean smoking dog? you're really too evil.

FINAL SHOWDOWN
2th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):for KOF 2001 pros..." , posted Wed 15 May 11:51post reply

ryo is good in kof2k1 cuz his jump CD is best jump CD ever! at least imo.....His throw game is really strong as well.

Kim is stupid in that game though....basicy you can play with foward+lk and since your pretty much safe after it just poke with this and when you see it hit after second hit cancle to super..then go into semi dum BS infinite....

then again i suppose i havent played much of 2k1 so i probably shouldnt talk.

Burning Kyo
285th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):for KOF 2001 pros..." , posted Wed 15 May 11:51post reply

quote:
I like your new av' !

thanks, I changed to make understand what "jumping on someone's head" means (if you still didn't understand, the new pic may help).
But... do you mean you didn't like the mean smoking dog? you're really too evil.

No, I like the other one too, but I prefer Iggy in berserker 'n baveux mode !
Iggy doing weird thing on Polnareff ?!?!

Nifty Lifty
41th Post

Rare Customer

"Combo Masters" , posted Thu 16 May 13:52post reply

Foxy can do some amazing combos, as can Angel and May Lee. Kula's infinite is easy as hell! Vanessa and Iori are still my combo masters, though. I'll try and record and upload some of my own videos if anyone's interested.

Y'know what I mean?

Toxico
1899th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):for KOF 2001 pros..." , posted Sun 19 May 14:53post reply

quote:

Hey, try to read it a least, Iori and co are not the weakest, they are "fourth rank" (first rank Foxy, second Heidern etc...)
The real weakest are Maxima (jump and you're dead), Chin (who takes too much damage) and Athena who (deals too few damage)...
All the other are intermediates...

And yes, what they are saying is quite true, I played a lot and went to the same global conclusions.

Maxima??? Weakest.... Sorry but... Screw you!!! ; HE'S MY MAN!!!!! and I am fairly ggod with him... Though I miss the awfully overpowered Maxima from '2000.